Project 'MDKExample' is missing required library

Werns

So I'm trying to start up modding in 1.8.9. I've downloaded forge-1.8.9-11.15.1.1722-mdk.zip and dumped it into an empty folder called 1.8.9. Then I made a bat filed with "gradlew setupDecompWorkspace eclipse" and ran that. When I get into Eclipse and change the workspace to \path\1.8.9\eclipse, it gives me two errors:

Project 'MDKExample' is missing required libray: 'C:\path\1.8.9\unresolved dependency - net.minecraftforge forgeBin 1.8.9-11.15.1.1722'

The project cannot be built until build path errors are resolved

I watched a tutorial on this and the person had a file in Referenced Libraries from \username\.gradle\caches\minecraft\net\minecraftforge\forge\1.8.9-11.15.1.1722\stable\20 that I don't have. However, I have the file in that location. So I tried adding it to the referenced libraries, but it only has the vanilla minecraft files, and not the minecraftforge files (see https://i.imgur.com/glPCYen.png ).

I've been talking with the person that made the tutorials and we're not sure why this is happening. I've tried doing the same process in different folders, different drives, and even after deleting the \forge\1.8.9-11.15.1.1722\stable\20 folder. The folder and files get replaced, but still broken. Is the gradle process grabbing the wrong files?

I recommend try 1764, I just started a new project with that one a week ago and everything worked with it. Also I've had more luck splitting up the commands into gradlew setupdecompworkspace and gradlew eclipse.

Shortly after posting this I had the same idea. Tried with 11.15.1.1764, no difference. I've also tried both ways, a single command and multiple ones. Doesn't make a difference.

If I recall correctly, there's currently a bug in ForgeGradle. Try running

gradlew eclipse

again.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

LexManos: I've already documented everything I did in the first post. I've tried running "gradlew setupDecompWorkspace eclipse" as well as running each command separately, it's not made any difference.

larsgerrits: I've just tried that with 1722 and 1764, no change.

LexManos: I've already documented everything I did in the first post. I've tried running "gradlew setupDecompWorkspace eclipse" as well as running each command separately, it's not made any difference.

You didn't post logs, though.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

You didn't post logs, though.

I didn't know it recorded any logs. I don't see any anywhere.

Gradle outputs to stdout (the console you're running the command in) and saves the most recent output to .gradle/gradle.log in your ForgeGradle workspace directory (i.e. where build.gradle is).

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

Gradle outputs to stdout (the console you're running the command in) and saves the most recent output to .gradle/gradle.log in your ForgeGradle workspace directory (i.e. where build.gradle is).

For my 1722 build, the gradle.log file is empty (hence why I didn't see any logs). I took a look at 1764, however, and it shows this:

This mapping 'stable_20' was designed for MC 1.8.8! Use at your own peril.This mapping 'stable_20' was designed for MC 1.8.8! Use at your own peril.

#################################################
         ForgeGradle 2.1-SNAPSHOT-9e8f067        
  https://github.com/MinecraftForge/ForgeGradle  
               Powered by MCP unknown               
             http://modcoderpack.com             
         by: Searge, ProfMobius, Fesh0r,         
         R4wk, ZeuX, IngisKahn, bspkrs           
:deobfCompileDummyTask
:deobfProvidedDummyTask
:eclipseClasspath
:eclipseJdt
:eclipseProject
:getVersionJson
:extractNatives SKIPPED
:extractUserdev UP-TO-DATE
:getAssetIndex UP-TO-DATE
:getAssets
Current status: 542/734   73%
:makeStart
:makeEclipseCleanRunClient
:makeEclipseCleanRunServer
:eclipse

BUILD SUCCESSFUL

Total time: 14.08 secs

So while looking for log files I found this nasty dump under build/taskLogs: http://pastebin.com/S6tnwqGy

It's called decompileMc.log and at line 177 it starts to throw errors, for example:

ERROR: Class net/minecraft/item/crafting/CraftingManager couldn't be fully decompiled.

That sounds somewhat relevant and the decomplie.log file (note the lack of "Mc" at the end of he file name) is radically different than the one in my 1.8-11.14.1.1334 build (which just shows various iterations of

Processing class (blah) ... proceeded. Writing class (blah) .. written.

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

You need to give ForgeGradle at least 2 GB of memory.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

Hi

This page should help

https://docs.gradle.org/current/userguide/build_environment.html

and

http://www.gubatron.com/blog/2014/07/29/solved-gradle-how-to-increase-the-java-compilers-available-heap-memory/

from memory, something like:

gradlew -Dorg.gradle.jvmargs=-Xmx2048m

-TGG

Ah... I'm not familiar with gradle at all and most of this is going over my head. I tried to follow the steps in the second link, but I don't see any gradle.build files (only build.gradle, which I'm guessing is the same) and I don't see any of those "options" in build.gradle.

This tutorial explains how to set up a ForgeGradle workspace and how to give Gradle more memory.

Ah, that explains it much better. When I follow those instructions and then run setupDecompWorkspace it still says _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx1g -Xms1g, and the log still shows a failure to decompileMc due to GC overhead limit exceeded. It looks like it didn't accept the gradle.properties file.

I tried putting gradle.properties in the .gradle/ folder that's created during the setupDecompWorkspace, in the main mod file with build.gradle (like the second link you posted said), and I changed the properties file to look like what the second link suggested, none of that changed anything.

Ah, that explains it much better. When I follow those instructions and then run setupDecompWorkspace it still says _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx1g -Xms1g, and the log still shows a failure to decompileMc due to GC overhead limit exceeded. It looks like it didn't accept the gradle.properties file.

I suspect you have the

JAVA_OPTIONS

environment set to that, I suggest you delete it.

I tried putting gradle.properties in the .gradle/ folder that's created during the setupDecompWorkspace, in the main mod file with build.gradle (like the second link you posted said), and I changed the properties file to look like what the second link suggested, none of that changed anything.

The .gradle directory mentioned in the tutorial I linked is in your home directory (~ on Unix-like OSes, %USERPROFILE% on Windows), not your mod's directory.

I suspect you have the

JAVA_OPTIONS

environment set to that, I suggest you delete it.

That could be, I'll take a look.

EDIT: Erm, where am I looking for this? I thought it might be in control panel -> Java, but I didn't see anything. Google didn't help either.

The .gradle directory mentioned in the tutorial I linked is in your home directory (~ on Unix-like OSes, %USERPROFILE% on Windows), not your mod's directory.

I'm aware, I'm running Win7. Users/Werns/.gradle/ has a gradle.properties file in it, but I've also placed it within the mod's directory because some of the other links you've included suggested doing so.

That could be, I'll take a look.

EDIT: Erm, where am I looking for this? I thought it might be in control panel -> Java, but I didn't see anything. Google didn't help either.

Environment variables are part of the OS, not Java. This page explains how to edit environment variables in Windows 7 (it was the first search result).

Environment variables are part of the OS, not Java. This page explains how to edit environment variables in Windows 7 (it was the first search result).

Yeah I somehow didn't find that link. JAVA_OPTIONS was in there, I deleted. My log is still picking up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx1g -Xms1g, despite the environment variable being deleted. Nothing changed, it seems.

I've also tried changing the environment variable to -Xmx2g -Xms2g, and that still does nothing. Still says it picks it up with 1 instead of 2.

• 3 years later...

First, rather than resurrect an almost 4 year old thread, you should start your own thread.

However, 1.12 is no longer supported due to age, please update to a modern version to receive support.

See the LTS link at the top of every page for more information.

• Like 1

@SpaceHQFirst of all: nobody can help you if you don't show your logs, secondly the 1.12.2 is not supported anymore and I think you set up your mod wrong. But to avoid all mistakes I recommend you to make a mod to 1.14.4: I still don't understand why so many people want to make mods to 1.12.2, but with the new version some problems of the older versions are solved. So if you want help: Show your whole mod on Github and make a mod to 1.14.4 or higher. Again, as long as you don't show your logs, no one can help you.

New in Modding? == Still learning!