Where in the forge/minecraft source is the server logging code stored?

Matrixmage

The title says my problem. I've done some coding before, but not any modding, and I'm trying to find were in the forge/minecraft source is the code for how a server creates the console logs. My purpose for this is to make a compatibility mod for MCMA and forge. Maybe it's too daunting a task for me, but I like to try. I'm currently using a tutorial for how to set up eclipse etc.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Matrixmage

cpw.mod.fml.common.relauncher.FMLRelaunchLog is what you want. Can I suggest that the best way to do it would be to use some magic to stop FML outputting it's log to console, but rather using your own, custom-formatted log. Add a LogHandler, perhaps.

Protip: try and find answers yourself before asking on the forum.

It's pretty likely that there is an answer.

Was I helpful? Give me a thank you!

width=635 height=903http://bit.ly/HZ03zy[/img]

Tired of waiting for mods to port to bukkit?

use BukkitForge! (now with a working version of WorldEdit!)

I would probably do that if this wasn't my first foyer into modding and java. I have done a fair amount of C#, which I heard is similar to java, but I've still not done any modding so I want to stay simple. Also the whole point of this is to make the log syntax identical to vinilla minecraft, remove a [Minecraft] from the front of all outputs, because forge changes it.

Also thanks for the help!!

I talked to him, and if I understand, the log format is used in many places in the code, and not all called in the way, for the program to know when stuff is working right and not corrupted etc. So it wouldn't be as easy as you might think... Although I might have misunderstood, and he's just being lazy, but it really seems like he wants this working as much as you probably do.

I honestly dont care about MCMA, and its rather annoying seeing these things pop up on here.

He can fix it on his end in a plethora of ways and hes welcome to do it.

However, making your system rely on console output is stupid. And should be discouraged at every pass.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon