animated

okay, so i am trying to animate my entity here, make the bees fly sporadically.

i did a few short animations to get a small grasp on it.

i am using MCanimator to acheive this.

however, this program is for 1.7.10. and it's giving me errors that (apparently) aren't supposed to come up.

can anyone lend a knowledgable eye?

@Override

public ModelRenderer addBox(String par1Str, float par2, float par3, float par4, int par5, int par6, int par7)

{

par1Str = this.boxName + "." + par1Str;

this.cubeList.add((new MCAModelBox(this, this.DDStextureOffsetX, this.DDStextureOffsetY, par2, par3, par4, par5, par6, par7, 0.0F)).func_78244_a(par1Str));

return this;

and this is the other one

* Compiles a GL display list for this model.

* EDITED VERSION BECAUSE OF THE PRIVATE FIELDS

*/

public void DDScompileDisplayList(float par1)

{

this.DDSdisplayList = GLAllocation.generateDisplayLists(1);

GL11.glNewList(this.DDSdisplayList, GL11.GL_COMPILE);

Tessellator tessellator = Tessellator.getInstance();

for (int i = 0; i < this.cubeList.size(); ++i)

{

((ModelBox)this.cubeList.get(i)).render(tessellator, par1);

}

GL11.glEndList();

this.DDScompiled = true;

}

}

as always.

thanks in advance

MCAnimator has given me so many problems I do not recommend it.

Its animations are not threadsafe, so even if you do solve this one you'll find that randomly the game will crash with a Concurrent Modification Exception.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

okay, so i am trying to animate my entity here, make the bees fly sporadically.

Making the bees fly sporadically is NOT the same as animating. Take a look at EntityBat's navigation code - that will give you a good start at getting your bees to move in the way you want.

As far as actual animation is concerned, I would recommend starting out by looking at the various types of code vanilla Minecraft uses to animate entities. That will give you a good starting point for basic animations such as walking, flapping of wings, etc.

If your animation needs to be tied to a specific action, such as an attack, then take a look at the Iron Golem Entity and Model classes for one way to send information to the client.