FDL

MrNice

Man i have idea..

I too don't know how to, and how forge does works.

It one in 2.

I wana to generate a file of mods or smt like this on serwer side only

On client side also but that not the main functionality... Now in client we enter somewhere a ip adress or use check if Server has this mod on server side ALSO. Next we gona somehow comunicate.. or download the mods listed, generated list. If we don have we need to obtain them from a serwer( mby start an other demon process or and via minecraft by some keypasing files, and leting download them)  that's the main functionality..

What need to be improved or what soo.

We start client and server one time before. Server generate a file, update base of mods, and on client side first run will make our list of mods.

Still if we try to connect without mods it will kick us as usualy does.

After we second start minecraft the downloading phase must be place before loading minecraft finding mods so we don't have to restart still. IF THERE WAS AN OPTION we could hold on loading forge until we finishe download files. When download is ok it gona continue the process and inject all mods :).

This mod o could call like Mods Downloader, and could be turned out to became a managing mode...

Still i would not know how to start minecraft process so it could have built in restart option.

This would be awesome...

Stilk How to transfer files, or by emulating a ftp or url or some other serwer on port by sending some via minecraft files.. of ftp, or sockets.

1. How to split 1 mod into server/ client only.

2. How to obtain FML list mods, missing mods- it always say when kick you in console when missing mods. Also get the comparing mods.

(Start new ftp servce on some port random or not... store this settings in file in serverfolder/configs)

How does forge negotitate server configs to be loaded/ override client settings.

For now just.

1. You have 2 options:

* Pack both sides into one @Mod and use @SidedProxy to load/invoke different code.

* Make TWO @Mod-s and mark each one with "clientSideOnly = true" and/or "serverSideOnly = true" (look @Mod annotation).

Then, you don't even have to use @SidedProxy but just code things straight away.

Proxies and sides: http://mcforge.readthedocs.org/en/latest/concepts/sides/

2.1. @NetworkCheckHandler

2.2. How does forge negotitate server configs to be loaded/override client settings.

It DOESN'T!

Configs (if exist) are loaded separately by client/server mod. When you are connected to server different than your own (integrated) you will be in de-sync (server will have different configs than you).

Proper way to handle it is to send configs to client on @SubscribeEvent: PlayerLoggedInEvent using SimpleNetworkWrapper + IMessage.

Links: http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php?topic=20135.0

+ any google on Forge Events

+ Again: http://mcforge.readthedocs.org/en/latest/concepts/sides/

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

Auto mod downloading like this will not be supported or endorsed on this forums. There are fsr to many security issues to even contemplate this.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon