[1.8.9] Proper Usage Forge Blockstates?

AnZaNaMa

I have been working on converting my stuff from regular 1.8 vanilla rendering to 1.8.9 Forge Blockstate rendering, but for some reason, I keep getting errors. I think I have a syntax error in my blockstate files somewhere, because I'm getting "JSONSyntaxError: Missing model, expected to find a string" but it won't tell me where the error is at. I don't see an apparent one. Here is the blockstate file. Can someone help me figure out what's wrong with it?

{
"forge-marker": 1,
"defaults": {
        	"model": "block/cube_all",
        	"textures": {
            		"all": "energytools:blocks/energizer"
        	},
        	"transform": "forge:default-block"
    	},
"variants": {
        	"normal": [{}],
        	"inventory": [{}]
}
}

- Just because things are the way they are doesn't mean they can't be the way you want them to be. Unless they're aspen trees. You can tell they're aspens 'cause the way they are.

Here's the log: http://pastebin.com/LbqtDwEM

Here's the file that registers my block models: https://github.com/AnZaNaMa/EnergyTools/blob/master/src/main/java/com/AnZaNaMa/EnergyTools/Block/RenderBlockRegister.java

Here's my blockstate: https://github.com/AnZaNaMa/EnergyTools/blob/master/src/main/resources/assets/energytools/blockstates/energizer.json

Based on what I read from https://gist.github.com/williewillus/57d7093efa80163e96e0 I assume that if I just use block/cube_all in my blockstates, I don't actually need any block-specific models.

- Just because things are the way they are doesn't mean they can't be the way you want them to be. Unless they're aspen trees. You can tell they're aspens 'cause the way they are.

The error isn't what you originally said.

[13:39:50] [Client thread/ERROR]: Exception loading model for variant energytools:goldbrick#normal
java.lang.Exception: Could not load model definition for variant energytools:goldbrick#normal

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Yeah, sorry... That was just the one I was looking at because the head of the stack didn't give any information about the root of the problem and just told me it couldn't load the model definition. I must be missing something, because I can't figure out what I've done wrong that made that happen. I registered the textures using ModelLoader.setCustomModelResourceLocation(), then defined the models based on cube_all and respective textures in the blockstate files.

I've looked over this for a long time and I still haven't figured it out. Am I just doing this wrong?

That makes sense, but then why doesn't it properly load the textures? It gives exception for loading the normal variant. I thought if I just left #normal blank, it would use the defaults is this not correct?

The error isn't what you originally said.

[13:39:50] [Client thread/ERROR]: Exception loading model for variant energytools:goldbrick#normal
java.lang.Exception: Could not load model definition for variant energytools:goldbrick#normal

https://github.com/AnZaNaMa/EnergyTools/blob/master/src/main/resources/assets/energytools/blockstates/goldbrick.json

This is the most aggravating thing i've encountered in a while and I still haven't figured it out.

So does anyone actually know how this works? I've looked over this many times and cross-checked it with other mods and my setup should work so why doesn't it? If someone could actually help me that'd be nice.

I'm mad at myself for not noticing that

Thank you very much