[1.9] Forge API of some sort? [UNSOLVED + A few questions]

Zodsmar

Here is my code from 1.6 but I am un sure because Vec3 does not exist anymore.

Vec3 either:

a) still exists and you haven't imported it correctly

b) been replaced with a differently named, but identical class (e.g. Vector3)

If you look at the vanilla methods that used to return/take a Vec3 what are they taking now?

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I am curious if this is possible but I am not sure because I am not quite sure how minecraft handles recipes. Right now for crafting I have it set up that it takes an input and an output. So for "Scrolling in a sense" through lets say all the metadata like so:

addRecipe(new HammerRecipe(Blocks.carpet, 0), 				new HammerRecipe(Blocks.carpet, 1));
	addRecipe(new HammerRecipe(Blocks.carpet, 1), 				new HammerRecipe(Blocks.carpet, 2));
	addRecipe(new HammerRecipe(Blocks.carpet, 2), 				new HammerRecipe(Blocks.carpet, 3));
	addRecipe(new HammerRecipe(Blocks.carpet, 3), 				new HammerRecipe(Blocks.carpet, 4));
	addRecipe(new HammerRecipe(Blocks.carpet, 4), 				new HammerRecipe(Blocks.carpet, 5));
	addRecipe(new HammerRecipe(Blocks.carpet, 5), 				new HammerRecipe(Blocks.carpet, 6));
	addRecipe(new HammerRecipe(Blocks.carpet, 6), 				new HammerRecipe(Blocks.carpet, 7));
	addRecipe(new HammerRecipe(Blocks.carpet, 7), 				new HammerRecipe(Blocks.carpet, );
	addRecipe(new HammerRecipe(Blocks.carpet, , 				new HammerRecipe(Blocks.carpet, 9));
	addRecipe(new HammerRecipe(Blocks.carpet, 9), 				new HammerRecipe(Blocks.carpet, 10));
	addRecipe(new HammerRecipe(Blocks.carpet, 10), 				new HammerRecipe(Blocks.carpet, 11));
	addRecipe(new HammerRecipe(Blocks.carpet, 11), 				new HammerRecipe(Blocks.carpet, 12));
	addRecipe(new HammerRecipe(Blocks.carpet, 12), 				new HammerRecipe(Blocks.carpet, 13));
	addRecipe(new HammerRecipe(Blocks.carpet, 13), 				new HammerRecipe(Blocks.carpet, 14));
	addRecipe(new HammerRecipe(Blocks.carpet, 14), 				new HammerRecipe(Blocks.carpet, 15));
	addRecipe(new HammerRecipe(Blocks.carpet, 15), 				new HammerRecipe(Blocks.carpet, 0));

I need to essentially create a recipe for each craft. Is there a way to condense this. What I am trying to do is set it so that the input, in this case would be Blocks.carpet, 15 (15 would be the max meta possible so for blocks with lower meta it can be changed) and the output, would be the starting meta which is almost always zero. So what I wanna then do is pass it through a loop like I am doing here:

public static void addRecipeLOOP(HammerRecipe input, HammerRecipe output) {
	for(int i = 0; i < input.meta; i++){
		input.meta = i;
		output.meta = input.meta + 1;

if (!input.isItems && !output.isItems)
			transformBlocks.put(input, new ItemStack(output.id, 1, output.meta));
	}

Only the way that minecraft handles recipes is it possible to create recipes via a loop? And you guys understand what I am trying to accomplish. Now this is not that important but like it gets rid of the hundreds of unnecessary lines of code for just simple meta jumping. Think about logs, and sand, and hardened clay and so on. Its a lot of stupid and repetitive code which if I can condense would be amazing and a lot easier to write then lol

Thanks Zods

Cough.

OreDictionary.

Cough.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

Cough.

OreDictionary.

Cough.

Yes, but to my knowledge doesn't OreDictionary just look to see if that block exists with a meta, and the meta does not matter to the recipe? In my case I wanna increment up the by one each time. I tried Oredictionary.WILDCARD for the input and OreDictionary.WILDCARD + 1 for the output which I was sure was not gonna work but yeah.

Yes, but to my knowledge doesn't OreDictionary just look to see if that block exists with a meta, and the meta does not matter to the recipe? In my case I wanna increment up the by one each time. I tried Oredictionary.WILDCARD for the input and OreDictionary.WILDCARD + 1 for the output which I was sure was not gonna work but yeah.

Oredictionary.WILDCARD has a value of 32,767 (iirc).  It is larger than the metadata value allowed on an item stack, adding 1 to it isn't going to do what you want.

I can't tell you what you should be doing because I can't figure out WTF you want your hammer to do.  Write it in plain English as if I was a player of your mod.  What the fuck does this tool do?

In plain English:

The hammer is a tool which allows a player to right click a block and based on recipes, that block will change and durability will be given to then hammer. However, all recipes which are "clickable" in the world can also be done in a crafting table. So the hammer is a tool which takes durability based on crafting.

Now the part I want to change for the hammer is right now to lets say craft from Oak log to Spruce Log the recipe is

addRecipe(new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, 0), 					new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, 1));

however there is 15 metadata available so to be able to go from lets say oak to jungle (because crafting is mainly click based) it has to increment up.

So for the 15 different block states for logs this is the code:

addRecipe(new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, 0), 					new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, 1));
	addRecipe(new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, 1), 					new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, 2));
	addRecipe(new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, 2), 					new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, 3));
	addRecipeT(new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, 3), 					new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, 4));
	addRecipeT(new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, 4), 					new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, 5));
	addRecipeT(new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, 5), 					new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, 6));
	addRecipeT(new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, 6), 					new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, 7));
	addRecipeT(new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, 7), 					new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, );
	addRecipeT(new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, , 					new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, 9));
	addRecipeT(new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, 9), 					new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, 10));
	addRecipeT(new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, 10), 				new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, 11));
	addRecipeT(new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, 11), 				new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, 12));
	addRecipeT(new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, 12), 				new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, 13));
	addRecipeT(new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, 13), 				new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, 14));
	addRecipeT(new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, 14), 				new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, 15));
	addRecipeT(new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, 15), 				new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, 0));

The thing I am trying to change is to bring down the amount of lines of code. I want to set up one recipe that will encapsulate all 15 meta's and increment in one line of code so something like:

addRecipe(new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, OreDictionary.WILDCARD), new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, OreDictionary.WILDCARD + 1));

Now I know this does not work but I am trying to basically for loop the recipes. Do you see what I am trying to do now? (Plain enough english)

-Zods

1) Why are you passing two

HammerRecipe

s to addRecipe?

1b) What is this class?

2)

new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, OreDictionary.WILDCARD + 1)

makes no sense: you can't have a metdata that high and it in no way refers to the metadata of the other object.

You need to create your own version of IRecipe that takes a block and a wildcard metadata, which takes the input item stack's actual metadata and adds 1 (%16).

1) Why are you passing two

HammerRecipe

s to addRecipe?

1b) What is this class?

2)

new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, OreDictionary.WILDCARD + 1)

makes no sense: you can't have a metdata that high and it in no way refers to the metadata of the other object.

You need to create your own version of IRecipe that takes a block and a wildcard metadata, which takes the input item stack's actual metadata and adds 1 (%16).

Hammer Recipe is the class which handles my own Recipe. I pass to Hammer Recipes because the first one is the input. And the second is the output. So

addRecipe(new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, 0), new HammerRecipe(Blocks.log, 1));

Blocks.log, 0 is the input (BASICALLY when I right click ingame. If I click on Block.log, 1, which is Oak) it will then look at the second HammerRecipe which in this case is Blocks.log, 1 or Spruce and will replace Oak to spruce. So when I have 15 meta data's I need 15 lines of code to iterate threw. Does this make sense. Like I don't know how much easier I can explain this.....

I understand how you're doing the input and output, but you can't oredict that the way you want.

You need to create a recipe that takes * input and provides * output in the same class so that you can do the appropriate math.

So I figured it out. This probably should have been easier than I thought but for anyone wanting to see the code here:

/**
 * @param block
 *            (ex. Blocks.log)
 * @param starting
 *            (starting metadata)
 * @param ending
 *            (ending metadata)
 */
public static void HRL(Block block, int starting, int ending) {
	int meta1 = -1;
	int meta2;
	if (meta1 < 0) {
		meta1 = starting;
	}
	for (int i = meta1; i <= ending; i++) {
		meta2 = meta1 + 1;
		addRecipe(new HammerRecipe(block, meta1), new HammerRecipe(block, meta2));
		meta1 = meta2;
		if (i == ending) {
			addRecipe(new HammerRecipe(block, meta1), new HammerRecipe(block, starting));
		}
	}

}

/**
 * @param block
 *            (ex. Blocks.log)
 * @param starting
 *            (starting metadata)
 * @param ending
 *            (ending metadata)
 * @param startingForTransform
 *            (in case you only want certain blocks not craftable in
 *            crafting table)
 * @param shouldAddLastRecipeBack (Simply if you want a last recipe from max back to min)           
 */
public static void HrlADV(Block block, int starting, int ending, int startingForTransform, boolean shouldAddLastRecipeBack) {
	int meta1 = -1;
	int meta2;
	if (meta1 < 0) {
		meta1 = starting;
	}
	for (int i = meta1; i <= ending; i++) {
		meta2 = meta1 + 1;
		if (i >= startingForTransform) {
			addRecipeT(new HammerRecipe(block, meta1), new HammerRecipe(block, meta2));
		} else {
			addRecipe(new HammerRecipe(block, meta1), new HammerRecipe(block, meta2));
		}
		meta1 = meta2;
		if (i == startingForTransform && shouldAddLastRecipeBack == true) {
			addRecipe(new HammerRecipe(block, startingForTransform), new HammerRecipe(block, starting));
		}
		if (i >= ending && meta1 <= startingForTransform && shouldAddLastRecipeBack == true) {
			addRecipe(new HammerRecipe(block, meta1), new HammerRecipe(block, starting));
		}

if (i >= ending && meta1 >= startingForTransform && shouldAddLastRecipeBack == true) {
			addRecipeT(new HammerRecipe(block, meta1), new HammerRecipe(block, starting));
		}
	}

}

Okay new problems <3 Love you guys btw for all the help and Like most of the time it isnt even a solution you just say stuff that makes me think of ways to fix it. So honestly any input is nice <3

So here it goes I am trying to make my gui open when I right click the block. As of right now there is no error and no errors in the code so I do not understand why it does not open or work. Here are the classes:

Main Class Registers:

@Instance(Reference.MODID)
public static AppliedFabrication instance;

NetworkRegistry.INSTANCE.registerGuiHandler(AppliedFabrication.instance, new GuiHandler());
	GameRegistry.registerTileEntity(TileEntityFabTable.class, NamesAF.FABTABLE);

GuiHandler:

public class GuiHandler implements IGuiHandler{

@Override
public Object getServerGuiElement(int id, EntityPlayer player, World world, int x, int y, int z)
{
	TileEntityFabTable tileFabTable = (TileEntityFabTable) world.getTileEntity(new BlockPos(x, y, z));
if(id == NamesAF.FABTABLE_ID){
	return new ContainerFabTable(tileFabTable, player.inventory, world, x, y, z);
	}
return null;
}

@Override
public Object getClientGuiElement(int id, EntityPlayer player, World world, int x, int y, int z)
{
	TileEntityFabTable tileFabTable = (TileEntityFabTable) world.getTileEntity(new BlockPos(x, y, z));
	if(id == NamesAF.FABTABLE_ID){
		return new FabTableGui(player.inventory, tileFabTable, world,  x, y, z);
		}

return null;
}

}

FabTableGui:

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
public class FabTableGui extends GuiContainer{

private static final ResourceLocation getTexture = new ResourceLocation("afabmod:textures/gui/fabTableGuiTest.png");

public FabTableGui(InventoryPlayer playerInv, TileEntityFabTable tileFabTable, World world, int x, int y, int z)
{
         super(new ContainerFabTable(tileFabTable, playerInv, world, x, y, z));

xSize = 176;
         ySize = 222;
}

/**
         * Draw the foreground layer for the GuiContainer (everything in front of the items)
         */
@Override
protected void drawGuiContainerForegroundLayer(int x, int z)	
{
//	         this.fontRendererObj.drawString((StatCollector.translateToLocal("\u00a71Fabrication Table"), 48, 6, 4210752);
//	         this.fontRendererObj.drawString(StatCollector.translateToLocal("Inventory"), 8, this.ySize - 96 + 2, 4210752);
}
/**
         * Draw the background layer for the GuiContainer (everything behind the items)
         */
@Override
protected void drawGuiContainerBackgroundLayer(float f, int x, int y)
{
         GL11.glColor4f(1.0F, 1.0F, 1.0F, 1.0F);
        Minecraft.getMinecraft().getTextureManager().bindTexture(getTexture);
         int k = (this.width - this.xSize) / 2;
         int l = (this.height - this.ySize) / 2;
         this.drawTexturedModalRect(k, l, 0, 0, this.xSize, this.ySize);
}

@Override
    public void onGuiClosed() {
        super.onGuiClosed();
    }

}

Container: (Pretty sure this one isnt that important for actually making the gui open. Rn all I want is the actual gui to open)

public class ContainerFabTable extends Container implements ISlotChanged {
private World worldObj;
public TileEntityFabTable tileEntity;

FabTabSlot FabSlot;
private int posX;
private int posY;
private int posZ;

/** The crafting matrix inventory (3x3). */          //container, width, length
    public InventoryCrafting craftMatrix = new InventoryCrafting(this, 3, 3);
    private FabTabSlot fabTabSlot;

public ContainerFabTable(TileEntityFabTable tileFabTable, InventoryPlayer playerInv, World world, int x, int y, int z)
{
         worldObj = world;
         posX = x;
         posY =  y;
         posZ = z;
         fabTabSlot = new FabTabSlot(playerInv.player, this.craftMatrix, tileFabTable.craftResult, 0, 143, 36);
         addSlotToContainer(fabTabSlot);
         int row;
         int col;
         tileEntity = tileFabTable;

updateCraftingMatrix();

for (row = 0; row < 3; ++row)
         {
                 for (col = 0; col < 3; ++col)
                 {
                         this.addSlotToContainer(new Slot(this.craftMatrix, col + row * 3, 48 + col * 18, 18 + row * 18));
                 }
         }

for(int row1 = 0; row1 < 2; row1++)		
         {
             for(int col1 = 0; col1 < 9; col1++)
            	 this.addSlotToContainer(new Slot(tileFabTable, col1 + row1 * 9, 8 + col1 * 18, 90 + row1 * 18));

}

//	         this.addSlotToContainer(new SlotStartsWith(tileFabTable, "fabUpgrade", 28, 16, 10).setSlotChange(tileFabTable));
//	         this.addSlotToContainer(new SlotStartsWith(tileFabTable, "fabUpgrade", 29, 16, 36).setSlotChange(tileFabTable));
//	         this.addSlotToContainer(new SlotStartsWith(tileFabTable, "fabUpgrade", 30, 16, 62).setSlotChange(tileFabTable));
//	         
//	         this.addSlotToContainer(new SlotStartsWith(tileFabTable, "fabPlan", 31, 143, 10).setSlotChange(this));

for(int row2 = 0; row2 < 3; row2++)
         {
             for(int col2 = 0; col2 < 9; col2++)
            	 this.addSlotToContainer(new Slot(playerInv, col2 + row2 * 9 + 9, 8 + col2 * 18, 140 + row2 * 18));
         }

for (row = 0; row < 9; ++row)
         {
                 this.addSlotToContainer(new Slot(playerInv, row, 8 + row * 18, 198));
         }

this.onCraftMatrixChanged(this.craftMatrix);

//addSlotToContainer(new Slot(par1InventoryPlayer, 36, 17, 36));

}

private void updateCraftingMatrix() {
        for (int i = 0; i < craftMatrix.getSizeInventory(); i++) {
            craftMatrix.setInventorySlotContents(i, tileEntity.craftMatrixInventory[i]);
        }
    }

@Override
public void onContainerClosed(EntityPlayer par1EntityPlayer)
{
         super.onContainerClosed(par1EntityPlayer);
         saveCraftingMatrix();
}

private void saveCraftingMatrix() {
        tileEntity.craftMatrixInventory[i] = craftMatrix.getStackInSlot(i);
        }
    }

@Override
public void onCraftMatrixChanged(IInventory IInv)
{	
    tileEntity.craftResult.setInventorySlotContents(0, CraftingManager.getInstance().findMatchingRecipe(this.craftMatrix, this.worldObj));
}

@Override
public boolean canInteractWith(EntityPlayer entityPlayer)	
{
         return tileEntity.isUseableByPlayer(entityPlayer);

}

@Override
public ItemStack transferStackInSlot(EntityPlayer entityPlayer, int par2)
{
	ItemStack itemstack = null;
        Slot slot = (Slot)this.inventorySlots.get(par2);

if (slot != null && slot.getHasStack())
        {
        	ItemStack itemstack1 = slot.getStack();
            itemstack = itemstack1.copy();

if(par2 == 0) {
                if (!this.mergeItemStack(itemstack1, 32, 67, false))
                {

if (itemstack1.stackSize == 0)
                    {
                        slot.putStack((ItemStack)null);
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        slot.onSlotChanged();
                    }

return null;
                }else{
                }

fabTabSlot.onPickupFromSlot(entityPlayer, itemstack);

return itemstack;
            }else if(par2 >= 32 && par2 <= 67) {
            	if (itemstack1.getUnlocalizedName().startsWith("fabUpgrade")) {
            		return null;
            	}
            	else if (!this.mergeItemStack(itemstack1, 10, 27, false))
                {
                    {
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        slot.onSlotChanged();
                    }

return null;
                }
            }else if(par2 >= 10 && par2 <= 27 || par2 <= 9 || par2 >= 28 && par2 <= 31) {
            	if (!this.mergeItemStack(itemstack1, 32, 67, false))
                {
                    {
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        slot.onSlotChanged();
                    }

return null;
                }
            }
        }

return itemstack;
}

@Override
public void onSlotChange(Slot slot, int id, ItemStack itemStack) {
	System.out.println("Plans changed");

}
}

TileEntityFabTable:

public class TileEntityFabTable extends TileEntity implements IInventory, ISlotChanged {
private ItemStack[] inventory;
public InventoryCraftResult craftResult = new InventoryCraftResult();
public ItemStack[] craftMatrixInventory;

public TileEntityFabTable() {

super();
	inventory = new ItemStack[32];
	craftMatrixInventory = new ItemStack[9]; // TODO: magic number
}

@Override
public int getSizeInventory() {
	return inventory.length;
}

@Override
public ItemStack getStackInSlot(int i) {

return this.inventory[i];
}

@Override
	System.out.println("Upgrade changed");
}

@Override
public ItemStack decrStackSize(int slot, int amount) {

ItemStack itemStack = getStackInSlot(slot);
	if (itemStack != null) {
		if (itemStack.stackSize <= amount) {
			setInventorySlotContents(slot, null);
		} else {
			itemStack = itemStack.splitStack(amount);
			if (itemStack.stackSize == 0) {
				setInventorySlotContents(slot, null);
			}
		}
	}

return itemStack;
}

public ItemStack getStackInSlotOnClosing(int slot) {

if (inventory[slot] != null) {
		ItemStack itemStack = inventory[slot];
		inventory[slot] = null;
		return itemStack;
	} else
		return null;
}

@Override
public void setInventorySlotContents(int i, ItemStack itemstack) {
	inventory[i] = itemstack;

if (itemstack != null && itemstack.stackSize > getInventoryStackLimit()) {
		itemstack.stackSize = getInventoryStackLimit();
	}

this.markDirty();
}

public String getInvName() {
	return "Fabrication Table";
}

public boolean isInvNameLocalized() {
	return false;
}

@Override
public int getInventoryStackLimit() {
	return 64;
}

@Override
public boolean isUseableByPlayer(EntityPlayer entityplayer) {
//		return entityplayer.getDistanceSq(entityplayer.posX + 0.5, entityplayer.posY + 0.5, entityplayer.posZ + 0.5) <= 64;
	return true;
}

public void openChest() {
}

public void closeChest() {
}

@Override
public boolean isItemValidForSlot(int i, ItemStack itemstack) {
	return true;
}

@Override
public void readFromNBT(NBTTagCompound nbtTagCompound) {

super.readFromNBT(nbtTagCompound);

// Read in the ItemStacks in the inventory from NBT
	NBTTagList tagList = nbtTagCompound.getTagList("Items", 18);
	inventory = new ItemStack[this.getSizeInventory()];
	for (int i = 0; i < tagList.tagCount(); ++i) {
		NBTTagCompound tagCompound = tagList.getCompoundTagAt(i);
		byte slot = tagCompound.getByte("Slot");
		if (slot >= 0 && slot < inventory.length) {
			inventory[slot] = ItemStack.loadItemStackFromNBT(tagCompound);
		}
	}

// Read in the Crafting Matrix from NBT
	NBTTagList craftingTag = nbtTagCompound.getTagList("CraftingMatrix", 9);
	for (int i = 0; i < craftingTag.tagCount(); ++i) {
		NBTTagCompound tagCompound = (NBTTagCompound) craftingTag.getCompoundTagAt(i);
		if (slot >= 0 && slot < craftMatrixInventory.length) {
			craftMatrixInventory[slot] = ItemStack.loadItemStackFromNBT(tagCompound);
		}
	}

// Read craftingResult from NBT
	NBTTagCompound tagCraftResult = nbtTagCompound.getCompoundTag("CraftingResult");
	craftResult.setInventorySlotContents(0, ItemStack.loadItemStackFromNBT(tagCraftResult));
}

@Override
public void writeToNBT(NBTTagCompound nbtTagCompound) {

super.writeToNBT(nbtTagCompound);

// Write the ItemStacks in the inventory to NBT
	NBTTagList tagList = new NBTTagList();
	for (int currentIndex = 0; currentIndex < inventory.length; ++currentIndex) {
		if (inventory[currentIndex] != null) {
			NBTTagCompound tagCompound = new NBTTagCompound();
			tagCompound.setByte("Slot", (byte) currentIndex);
			inventory[currentIndex].writeToNBT(tagCompound);
			tagList.appendTag(tagCompound);
		}
	}
	nbtTagCompound.setTag("Items", tagList);

// Write Crafting Matrix to NBT
	NBTTagList craftingTag = new NBTTagList();
	for (int currentIndex = 0; currentIndex < craftMatrixInventory.length; ++currentIndex) {
		if (craftMatrixInventory[currentIndex] != null) {
			craftMatrixInventory[currentIndex].writeToNBT(tagCompound);
			craftingTag.appendTag(tagCompound);
		}
	}
	nbtTagCompound.setTag("CraftingMatrix", craftingTag);

// Write craftingResult to NBT
	if (craftResult.getStackInSlot(0) != null)
		nbtTagCompound.setTag("CraftingResult", craftResult.getStackInSlot(0).writeToNBT(new NBTTagCompound()));

}

public String getInventoryName() {
	// TODO Auto-generated method stub
	return null;
}

public boolean hasCustomInventoryName() {
	return false;
}

public void openInventory() {

}

public void closeInventory() {

}

public String getName() {
	return null;
}

@Override
public boolean hasCustomName() {
	return false;
}

@Override
public ITextComponent getDisplayName() {
	return null;
}

@Override
public ItemStack removeStackFromSlot(int index) {
	return null;
}

@Override
public void openInventory(EntityPlayer player) {

}

@Override
public void closeInventory(EntityPlayer player) {

}

@Override
public int getField(int id) {
	return 0;
}

@Override
public void setField(int id, int value) {

}

@Override
public int getFieldCount() {
	return 0;
}

@Override
public void clear() {

}

The actual Block Class itself:

ublic class FabricationTable extends Block {

protected FabricationTable(Material materialIn) {
	super(materialIn);
}

public boolean onBlockActivated(World world, int x, int y, int z, IBlockState state, EntityPlayer player, EnumHand hand,
		ItemStack heldItem, EnumFacing side, float hitX, float hitY, float hitZ) {

if(!player.isSneaking())
        {
            player.openGui(AppliedFabrication.instance, NamesAF.FABTABLE_ID, world, x, y, z);
            return true;
        }
        else
        {
            return false;
        }
}

public void breakBlock(World world, BlockPos pos, IBlockState state) {

//	        dropInventory(world, pos);
        super.breakBlock(world, pos, state.getBlock().getDefaultState());
    }

//	    private void dropInventory(World world, int x, int y, int z) {
//
//	        TileEntity tileEntity = world.getTileEntity(pos);
//
//	        if (!(tileEntity instanceof IInventory))
//	            return;
//
//	        IInventory inventory = (IInventory) tileEntity;
//
//	        for (int i = 0; i < inventory.getSizeInventory(); i++) {
//
//	            ItemStack itemStack = inventory.getStackInSlot(i);
//
//	            if (itemStack != null && itemStack.stackSize > 0) {
//	                float dX = rand.nextFloat() * 0.8F + 0.1F;
//	                float dY = rand.nextFloat() * 0.8F + 0.1F;
//	                float dZ = rand.nextFloat() * 0.8F + 0.1F;
//
//	                EntityItem entityItem = new EntityItem(world, x + dX, y + dY, z + dZ, new ItemStack(itemStack.getItem(), itemStack.stackSize, itemStack.getItemDamage()));
//
//	                if (itemStack.hasTagCompound()) {
//	                    entityItem.getEntityItem().setTagCompound((NBTTagCompound) itemStack.getTagCompound().copy());
//	                }
//
//	                float factor = 0.05F;
//	                entityItem.motionX = rand.nextGaussian() * factor;
//	                entityItem.motionY = rand.nextGaussian() * factor + 0.2F;
//	                entityItem.motionZ = rand.nextGaussian() * factor;
//	                world.spawnEntityInWorld(entityItem);
//	                itemStack.stackSize = 0;
//	            }
//	        }
//	    }

public TileEntity createNewTileEntity(World worldIn, int meta) {
	return new TileEntityFabTable();
}

public int getRenderType() {
	return 3;
}

And now for Completeness here is the Registering of the block also.  AKA blocks Class LOL

public class BlocksAF {
public static Block fabTable;

public static void init() {
	GameRegistry.registerBlock(fabTable = new FabricationTable(Material.wood).setRegistryName(NamesAF.FABTABLE)
			.setCreativeTab(AFTabs.tabAppliedFabrication));

uN(fabTable, NamesAF.FABTABLE);
}

public static void registerTileEntities() {
	GameRegistry.registerTileEntity(new TileEntityFabTable().getClass(), NamesAF.FABTABLE_GUI);
}

public static void registerRender(Block block) {
	Item item = Item.getItemFromBlock(block);
	ModelLoader.setCustomModelResourceLocation(item, 0,
			new ModelResourceLocation(item.getRegistryName(), "inventory"));
}

public static void registerRenders() {
	registerRender(fabTable);
}
public static void uN(Block block, String name) {
	block.setUnlocalizedName(name).setCreativeTab(AFTabs.tabAppliedFabrication);
}
}

Okay so in regards to the GUI not opening it works now kinda. My issue was

@Override
 public boolean onBlockActivated(World worldIn, BlockPos pos, IBlockState state, EntityPlayer playerIn, EnumHand hand, ItemStack heldItem, EnumFacing side, float hitX, float hitY, float hitZ)

I was using the wrong method so essentially right clicking did nothing. Now it works and I am getting errors in this class only pretty much

private World worldObj;

FabTabSlot FabSlot;
private int posX;
private int posY;
private int posZ;

/** The crafting matrix inventory (3x3). */ // container, width, length

public ContainerFabTable(TileEntityFabTable tileFabTable, InventoryPlayer playerInv, World world, int x, int y, int z)
{
         worldObj = world;
         posX = x;
         posY =  y;
         posZ = z;
//	         fabTabSlot = new FabTabSlot(playerInv.player, this.craftMatrix, tileFabTable.craftResult, 0, 143, 36);
//	         addSlotToContainer(fabTabSlot);
         int row;
         int col;
         tileEntity = tileFabTable;

//	         updateCraftingMatrix();
//	         

for (row = 0; row < 3; ++row)
         {
                 for (col = 0; col < 3; ++col)
                 {
                         this.addSlotToContainer(new Slot(this.craftMatrix, col + row * 3, 48 + col * 18, 18 + row * 18));
                 }
         }

for(int row1 = 0; row1 < 2; row1++)		
         {
             for(int col1 = 0; col1 < 9; col1++)
            	 this.addSlotToContainer(new Slot(tileFabTable, col1 + row1 * 9, 8 + col1 * 18, 90 + row1 * 18));

}

//	         this.addSlotToContainer(new SlotStartsWith(tileFabTable, "fabUpgrade", 28, 16, 10).setSlotChange(tileFabTable));
//	         this.addSlotToContainer(new SlotStartsWith(tileFabTable, "fabUpgrade", 29, 16, 36).setSlotChange(tileFabTable));
//	         this.addSlotToContainer(new SlotStartsWith(tileFabTable, "fabUpgrade", 30, 16, 62).setSlotChange(tileFabTable));

//	         this.addSlotToContainer(new SlotStartsWith(tileFabTable, "fabPlan", 31, 143, 10).setSlotChange(this));

for(int row2 = 0; row2 < 3; row2++)
         {
             for(int col2 = 0; col2 < 9; col2++)
            	 this.addSlotToContainer(new Slot(playerInv, col2 + row2 * 9 + 9, 8 + col2 * 18, 140 + row2 * 18));
         }

for (row = 0; row < 9; ++row)
         {
         }

//	         this.onCraftMatrixChanged(this.craftMatrix);

addSlotToContainer(new Slot(playerInv, 36, 17, 36));

}

//    private void updateCraftingMatrix() {
//        for (int i = 0; i < craftMatrix.getSizeInventory(); i++) {
//            craftMatrix.setInventorySlotContents(i, tileEntity.craftMatrixInventory[i]);
//        }
//    }
//	

@Override
public void onContainerClosed(EntityPlayer par1EntityPlayer)
{
         //saveCraftingMatrix();
}

//	private void saveCraftingMatrix() {
//	    for (int i = 0; i < craftMatrix.getSizeInventory(); i++) {
//	        tileEntity.craftMatrixInventory[i] = craftMatrix.getStackInSlot(i);
//        }
//    }

//    @Override
//	public void onCraftMatrixChanged(IInventory IInv)
//	{	
//	    tileEntity.craftResult.setInventorySlotContents(0, CraftingManager.getInstance().findMatchingRecipe(this.craftMatrix, this.worldObj));
//	}
//	
//
//
@Override
{

}

//	@Override
//	public ItemStack transferStackInSlot(EntityPlayer entityPlayer, int par2)
//	{
//		ItemStack itemstack = null;
//        Slot slot = (Slot)this.inventorySlots.get(par2);
//        
//        if (slot != null && slot.getHasStack())
//        {
//        	ItemStack itemstack1 = slot.getStack();
//            itemstack = itemstack1.copy();
//
//            if(par2 == 0) {
//                if (!this.mergeItemStack(itemstack1, 32, 67, false))
//                {
//                    
//                    if (itemstack1.stackSize == 0)
//                    {
//                        slot.putStack((ItemStack)null);
//                    }
//                    else
//                    {
//                        slot.onSlotChanged();
//                    }
//                    
//                    return null;
//                }else{
//                	slot.putStack((ItemStack)null);
//                }
//                
//                fabTabSlot.onPickupFromSlot(entityPlayer, itemstack);
//            	this.onCraftMatrixChanged(this.craftMatrix);
//            	
//            	return itemstack;
//            }else if(par2 >= 32 && par2 <= 67) {
//            	if (itemstack1.getUnlocalizedName().startsWith("fabUpgrade")) {
//            		return null;
//            	}
//            	else if (!this.mergeItemStack(itemstack1, 10, 27, false))
//                {
//            		if (itemstack1.stackSize == 0)
//                    {
//                    }
//                    {
//                    }
//            		
//                }
//            }else if(par2 >= 10 && par2 <= 27 || par2 <= 9 || par2 >= 28 && par2 <= 31) {
//            	if (!this.mergeItemStack(itemstack1, 32, 67, false))
//                {
//                    if (itemstack1.stackSize == 0)
//                    {
//                    }
//                    {
//                    }
//                    
//                }
//            }
//        }
//
//        return itemstack;
//	}

@Override

}
}

Even by commenting most of it out I get this error:

[23:55:33] [server thread/FATAL]: Error executing task
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_79]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_79]
at net.minecraft.util.Util.runTask(Util.java:24) [util.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.updateTimeLightAndEntities(MinecraftServer.java:738) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.tick(MinecraftServer.java:683) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.tick(IntegratedServer.java:155) [integratedServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:532) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.7.0_79]
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.minecraft.inventory.Slot.getStack(Slot.java:81) ~[slot.class:?]
at net.minecraft.inventory.Container.getInventory(Container.java:62) ~[Container.class:?]
at net.minecraft.inventory.Container.onCraftGuiOpened(Container.java:51) ~[Container.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.internal.FMLNetworkHandler.openGui(FMLNetworkHandler.java:93) ~[FMLNetworkHandler.class:?]
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer.openGui(EntityPlayer.java:2694) ~[EntityPlayer.class:?]
at com.zodsmar.blocks.FabricationTable.onBlockActivated(FabricationTable.java:36) ~[FabricationTable.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.management.PlayerInteractionManager.processRightClickBlock(PlayerInteractionManager.java:455) ~[PlayerInteractionManager.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.processRightClickBlock(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:706) ~[NetHandlerPlayServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.play.client.CPacketPlayerTryUseItem.processPacket(CPacketPlayerTryUseItem.java:68) ~[CPacketPlayerTryUseItem.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.play.client.CPacketPlayerTryUseItem.processPacket(CPacketPlayerTryUseItem.java:13) ~[CPacketPlayerTryUseItem.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.PacketThreadUtil$1.run(PacketThreadUtil.java:15) ~[PacketThreadUtil$1.class:?]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_79]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_79]
at net.minecraft.util.Util.runTask(Util.java:23) ~[util.class:?]
... 5 more
[23:55:33] [server thread/ERROR]: Encountered an unexpected exception
net.minecraft.util.ReportedException: Ticking player
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.updateTimeLightAndEntities(MinecraftServer.java:785) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.tick(MinecraftServer.java:683) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.tick(IntegratedServer.java:155) ~[integratedServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:532) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.7.0_79]
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.minecraft.inventory.Slot.getStack(Slot.java:81) ~[slot.class:?]
at net.minecraft.inventory.Container.detectAndSendChanges(Container.java:84) ~[Container.class:?]
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayerMP.onUpdate(EntityPlayerMP.java:290) ~[EntityPlayerMP.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.World.updateEntityWithOptionalForce(World.java:2086) ~[World.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.updateEntityWithOptionalForce(WorldServer.java:864) ~[WorldServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.World.updateEntity(World.java:2051) ~[World.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.tickPlayers(WorldServer.java:666) ~[WorldServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.World.updateEntities(World.java:1858) ~[World.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.updateEntities(WorldServer.java:637) ~[WorldServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.updateTimeLightAndEntities(MinecraftServer.java:779) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
... 4 more

By trying code I have come to the conclusion that it is happening for 2 reasons. One it is something to do with the way I am dealing with slots. And second is:

@Override
{

}

The Ticking Player is erroring. Even if I comment out everything and leave only the fundamentals and important stuff (pretty much no Slot stuff) it works but crashes on Ticking Player so yeah?

Any thoughts guys????

Oh also at the end of the error was this no idea what it means tho and if its important.

[23:55:33] [server thread/INFO] [FML]: The state engine was in incorrect state SERVER_STOPPING and forced into state SERVER_STOPPED. Errors may have been discarded.

Okay so everything is working now and all I had to do was change one thing. As to how this makes sense I am unsure but now I do not think that my methods in my tile entity class are being called.

Here is what I changed:

public ContainerFabTable(TileEntityFabTable fabTile, InventoryPlayer playerInv, World world, int x, int y, int z) {
	worldObj = world;
	tileEntity  = new TileEntityFabTable();

Before it was:

tileEntity  = fabTile;

can someone explain why that makes sense. Also now in the tile entity class the NBT data for saving items when the gui is closed, does not work. Here is the code for the NBT Tags? Am I not calling them right or?

@Override
public void readFromNBT(NBTTagCompound nbtTagCompound) {

super.readFromNBT(nbtTagCompound);

// Read in the ItemStacks in the inventory from NBT
	NBTTagList tagList = nbtTagCompound.getTagList("Items", 18);
	inventory = new ItemStack[this.getSizeInventory()];
	for (int i = 0; i < tagList.tagCount(); ++i) {
		NBTTagCompound tagCompound = tagList.getCompoundTagAt(i);
		if (slot >= 0 && slot < inventory.length) {
			inventory[slot] = ItemStack.loadItemStackFromNBT(tagCompound);
		}
	}

// Read in the Crafting Matrix from NBT
	NBTTagList craftingTag = nbtTagCompound.getTagList("CraftingMatrix", 9);
	for (int i = 0; i < craftingTag.tagCount(); ++i) {
		NBTTagCompound tagCompound = (NBTTagCompound) craftingTag.getCompoundTagAt(i);
		if (slot >= 0 && slot < craftMatrixInventory.length) {
			craftMatrixInventory[slot] = ItemStack.loadItemStackFromNBT(tagCompound);
		}
	}

// Read craftingResult from NBT
	NBTTagCompound tagCraftResult = nbtTagCompound.getCompoundTag("CraftingResult");
	craftResult.setInventorySlotContents(0, ItemStack.loadItemStackFromNBT(tagCraftResult));
}

@Override
public void writeToNBT(NBTTagCompound nbtTagCompound) {

super.writeToNBT(nbtTagCompound);

// Write the ItemStacks in the inventory to NBT
	NBTTagList tagList = new NBTTagList();
	for (int currentIndex = 0; currentIndex < inventory.length; ++currentIndex) {
		if (inventory[currentIndex] != null) {
			inventory[currentIndex].writeToNBT(tagCompound);
			tagList.appendTag(tagCompound);
		}
	}
	nbtTagCompound.setTag("Items", tagList);

// Write Crafting Matrix to NBT
	NBTTagList craftingTag = new NBTTagList();
	for (int currentIndex = 0; currentIndex < craftMatrixInventory.length; ++currentIndex) {
		if (craftMatrixInventory[currentIndex] != null) {
			craftMatrixInventory[currentIndex].writeToNBT(tagCompound);
			craftingTag.appendTag(tagCompound);
		}
	}
	nbtTagCompound.setTag("CraftingMatrix", craftingTag);

// Write craftingResult to NBT
	if (craftResult.getStackInSlot(0) != null)
		nbtTagCompound.setTag("CraftingResult", craftResult.getStackInSlot(0).writeToNBT(new NBTTagCompound()));

}

The change you made makes it impossible for the "changes" to save back to the TileEntity in the world because you created a new one.

The change you made makes it impossible for the "changes" to save back to the TileEntity in the world because you created a new one.

If I don't tho then I get A ticking Player error. Or it starts to null pointer everywhere which makes no sense what so ever.

Then you're doing something seriously wrong.

You need to debug things.

I'm almost certain that the problem has to do with either the Slots you've set up, or the call to onCraftMatrixChanged in the constructor.

Then you're doing something seriously wrong.

You need to debug things.

I'm almost certain that the problem has to do with either the Slots you've set up, or the call to onCraftMatrixChanged in the constructor.

Well your right. That is where the Errors occur. If I comment out the slots, and leave the crafting matrix here is the error:

java.lang.NullPointerException: Unexpected error
at com.zodsmar.entities.ContainerFabTable.updateCraftingMatrix(ContainerFabTable.java:76)
at com.zodsmar.entities.ContainerFabTable.<init>(ContainerFabTable.java:39)
at com.zodsmar.entities.FabTableGui.<init>(FabTableGui.java:21)
at com.zodsmar.entities.GuiHandler.getClientGuiElement(GuiHandler.java:27)
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.NetworkRegistry.getLocalGuiContainer(NetworkRegistry.java:266)
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.internal.FMLNetworkHandler.openGui(FMLNetworkHandler.java:102)
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer.openGui(EntityPlayer.java:2694)
at com.zodsmar.blocks.FabricationTable.onBlockActivated(FabricationTable.java:36)
at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.PlayerControllerMP.processRightClickBlock(PlayerControllerMP.java:425)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.rightClickMouse(Minecraft.java:1597)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.processKeyBinds(Minecraft.java:2268)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.runTickKeyboard(Minecraft.java:2052)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.runTick(Minecraft.java:1840)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.runGameLoop(Minecraft.java:1114)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:401)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:118)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
at net.minecraftforge.gradle.GradleStartCommon.launch(GradleStartCommon.java:97)
at GradleStart.main(GradleStart.java:26)

The thing is I do not understand what I would be doing wrong.

Here is the code:

/** The craft matrix inventory linked to this result slot. */
private final IInventory craftMatrix;
/** The player that is using the GUI where this slot resides. */
private EntityPlayer thePlayer;
/**
         * The number of items that have been crafted so far. Gets passed to ItemStack.onCrafting before being reset.
         */
private int amountCrafted;

public FabTabSlot(EntityPlayer par1EntityPlayer, InventoryCrafting par2IInventory, InventoryCraftResult craftResult, int par4, int par5, int par6)
{
         super(par1EntityPlayer, par2IInventory, craftResult, par4, par5, par6);
         this.thePlayer = par1EntityPlayer;
         this.craftMatrix = par2IInventory;
}
/**
         * Check if the stack is a valid item for this slot. Always true beside for the armor slots.
         */
@Override
public boolean isItemValid(ItemStack par1ItemStack)
{
         return false;
}
/**
         * Decrease the size of the stack in slot (first int arg) by the amount of the second int arg. Returns the new
         * stack.
         */
@Override
public ItemStack decrStackSize(int par1)
{
         if (this.getHasStack())
         {
                 this.amountCrafted += Math.min(par1, this.getStack().stackSize);
         }
         return super.decrStackSize(par1);
}
/**
         * the itemStack passed in is the output - ie, iron ingots, and pickaxes, not ore and wood. Typically increases an
         * internal count then calls onCrafting(item).
         */
@Override
protected void onCrafting(ItemStack par1ItemStack, int par2)
{
         this.amountCrafted += par2;
         this.onCrafting(par1ItemStack);
}

and the crafting matrix:

}
}

@Override
public void onContainerClosed(EntityPlayer par1EntityPlayer) {
	saveCraftingMatrix();
}

}
}

@Override
public void onCraftMatrixChanged(IInventory IInv) {
	tileEntity.craftResult.setInventorySlotContents(0,
			CraftingManager.getInstance().findMatchingRecipe(this.craftMatrix, this.worldObj));
}

Show the full class that contains

updateCraftingMatrix

? Uh...ContainerFabTable.java

Here:

private World worldObj;

FabTabSlot FabSlot;
private int posX;
private int posY;
private int posZ;

/** The crafting matrix inventory (3x3). */ // container, width, length

public ContainerFabTable(TileEntityFabTable fabTile, InventoryPlayer playerInv, World world, int x, int y, int z) {
	worldObj = world;
	tileEntity  = fabTile; //ERROR HERE
	posX = x;
	posY = y;
	posZ = z;
	fabTabSlot = new FabTabSlot(playerInv.player, this.craftMatrix, tileEntity.craftResult, 0, 143, 36);
	int row;
	int col;

updateCraftingMatrix();

for (row = 0; row < 3; ++row) {
		for (col = 0; col < 3; ++col) {
		}
	}

for (int row1 = 0; row1 < 2; row1++) {
		for (int col1 = 0; col1 < 9; col1++)
			this.addSlotToContainer(new Slot(tileEntity, col1 + row1 * 9, 8 + col1 * 18, 90 + row1 * 18));

}

this.addSlotToContainer(new SlotStartsWith(tileEntity, "fabUpgrade", 28, 16, 10).setSlotChange(tileEntity));
	this.addSlotToContainer(new SlotStartsWith(tileEntity, "fabUpgrade", 29, 16, 36).setSlotChange(tileEntity));
	this.addSlotToContainer(new SlotStartsWith(tileEntity, "fabUpgrade", 30, 16, 62).setSlotChange(tileEntity));

this.addSlotToContainer(new SlotStartsWith(tileEntity, "fabPlan", 31, 143, 10).setSlotChange(this));

for (int row2 = 0; row2 < 3; row2++) {
		for (int col2 = 0; col2 < 9; col2++)
	}

for (row = 0; row < 9; ++row) {
	}

// addSlotToContainer(new Slot(playerInv, 36, 17, 36));

}

}
}

@Override
public void onContainerClosed(EntityPlayer par1EntityPlayer) {
	saveCraftingMatrix();
}

}
}

@Override
public void onCraftMatrixChanged(IInventory IInv) {
	tileEntity.craftResult.setInventorySlotContents(0,
			CraftingManager.getInstance().findMatchingRecipe(this.craftMatrix, this.worldObj));
}

@Override
public boolean canInteractWith(EntityPlayer entityPlayer) {

}

@Override
public ItemStack transferStackInSlot(EntityPlayer entityPlayer, int par2) {
	ItemStack itemstack = null;
	Slot slot = (Slot) this.inventorySlots.get(par2);

if (slot != null && slot.getHasStack()) {
		ItemStack itemstack1 = slot.getStack();
		itemstack = itemstack1.copy();

if (par2 == 0) {
			if (!this.mergeItemStack(itemstack1, 32, 67, false)) {

if (itemstack1.stackSize == 0) {
					slot.putStack((ItemStack) null);
				} else {
					slot.onSlotChanged();
				}

return null;
			} else {
			}

fabTabSlot.onPickupFromSlot(entityPlayer, itemstack);

return itemstack;
		} else if (par2 >= 32 && par2 <= 67) {
			if (itemstack1.getUnlocalizedName().startsWith("fabUpgrade")) {
				return null;
			} else if (!this.mergeItemStack(itemstack1, 10, 27, false)) {
				} else {
					slot.onSlotChanged();
				}

return null;
			}
		} else if (par2 >= 10 && par2 <= 27 || par2 <= 9 || par2 >= 28 && par2 <= 31) {
			if (!this.mergeItemStack(itemstack1, 32, 67, false)) {
				} else {
					slot.onSlotChanged();
				}

return null;
			}
		}
	}

return itemstack;
}

@Override

}

I'm at a loss.  Null pointers are usually very easy to solve, but I can't locate ANYTHING in the method throwing the NPE that could be null.

Ikr like same. Normally after starring at the code something jumps out but fucken nothing. Like even if I comment it out. Then I get the null pointer on saveCraftingMatrix(); finally if I comment that then I get this null pointer.....

Description: Unexpected error

java.lang.NullPointerException: Unexpected error
at net.minecraft.inventory.Slot.getStack(Slot.java:81)
at net.minecraft.inventory.Container.detectAndSendChanges(Container.java:84)
at net.minecraft.inventory.Container.onCraftMatrixChanged(Container.java:567)
at com.zodsmar.entities.ContainerFabTable.<init>(ContainerFabTable.java:69)
at com.zodsmar.entities.FabTableGui.<init>(FabTableGui.java:21)
at com.zodsmar.entities.GuiHandler.getClientGuiElement(GuiHandler.java:27)
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.NetworkRegistry.getLocalGuiContainer(NetworkRegistry.java:266)
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.internal.FMLNetworkHandler.openGui(FMLNetworkHandler.java:102)
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer.openGui(EntityPlayer.java:2694)
at com.zodsmar.blocks.FabricationTable.onBlockActivated(FabricationTable.java:36)
at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.PlayerControllerMP.processRightClickBlock(PlayerControllerMP.java:425)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.rightClickMouse(Minecraft.java:1597)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.processKeyBinds(Minecraft.java:2268)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.runTickKeyboard(Minecraft.java:2052)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.runTick(Minecraft.java:1840)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.runGameLoop(Minecraft.java:1114)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:401)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:118)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
at net.minecraftforge.gradle.GradleStartCommon.launch(GradleStartCommon.java:97)
at GradleStart.main(GradleStart.java:26)

ITS LITERALLY NULL POINTERING ON at net.minecraft.inventory.Slot.getStack(Slot.java:81); HOW LIKE WHAT AM I MISSING HERE...... Jeez I love programming to death but things like this just get to me LOL <3

Okay so for my class fabTabSlot I figure why it was null pointering thank you Choonster for that. But Here:

fabTabSlot = new FabTabSlot(playerInv.player, craftMatrix, fabTile, 0, 143, 36);

And I pass in this:

public FabTabSlot(EntityPlayer par1EntityPlayer, InventoryCrafting craftResult, IInventory iinv, int par4, int par5, int par6)
{
         super(par1EntityPlayer, craftResult, iinv, par4, par5, par6);
         this.thePlayer = par1EntityPlayer;
         this.craftMatrix = craftResult;
}

Before I had craftmatrix being put into an IInventory and the craft fabTile into an InventoryCrafting. Now that line does not null pointer however I feel like I may have found the cause to my problem but because TileEntities and IInventory is kinda newer to me I am not sure. So here it goes with the explanation.

When I create my Container I pass in a Tile, InventoryPlayer, World, and 3 int.

But when I create slots I am using the Tile, which I passed in, as the IInventory. Is that right? Can my Tile Entity hold the IInventory. Like is that what it is suppose to do or did I royally mess up and need a new variable or something LOL