Add launch flag to disable log while loading

nullifiedcat

The title says it. This is just a suggestion - I think removing

log

calls while forge is loading is a good idea to increase loading speed. Heavily modded minecraft can generate insane amounts of log data in files and console while launching up - and every log line slows loading a tiny bit.

I don't know can or can't it be done so this is just a suggestion.

Logging is vary important. As if anything goes wrong during loading we need the startup info to know what's going on.

If you REALLY care, you can supply your own log4j.xml and configure logging however you want.

We will not be disabling logging. It's just a dumb idea.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

That is why it must be made as a launch option. When modpack is stable and ready for deployment, all errors are resolved, etc. Creator of the pack just adds -nolog option or something like that and the pack will (maybe?) load faster. If something goes wrong, user can remove -nolog from launch options.