[1.9] Ore Dictionary

Bektor

Hi,

I've got a few question about the Ore Dictionary.

• I want to compare if the given IBlockState equals wood, so if it is wood (logs). How can I do this the best way? (should work with all other mods, so Ore Dictionary)
  • Should I register my custom dirt, grass, logs, stone and leaves with the Ore Dictionary or not? (they do not work like normal vanilla blocks of these kinds, which is the reason why I made them custom | they should only spawn in my own dimension | they have stuff like gravity)

Thx in advance.

Bektor

Developer of Primeval Forest.

To 1: So basically I've got a tree and the leaves are checking if they are connected to other leaves and/or the tree itself.

So when the scanState matches wood the method should return true.

To 2: Well, I've got no idea if I want that my wood and stuff can be used in normal recipes. That's the problem. What would you suggest when my dimension should be harder then the one from vanilla. So harder crafting recipes and all of that stuff in my custom dimension (and it should be able to get the items into the normal dimension back for fun ^^)

To 1: So basically I've got a tree and the leaves are checking if they are connected to other leaves and/or the tree itself.

So when the scanState matches wood the method should return true.

Why would you use the OreDict here? Leaves should only check for their type of wood, not any.

Well, I want them to check for any time of wood. Allows me some nice stuff. ;)

So I think I have to save them here in a list (this is in ServerProxy) and then call itemMatches in my own method in the Block class?

@Override
    public void postInit() { 
        OreDictionary.getOres("logWood");
    }

And what have I to put in here: OreDictionary.itemMatches(target, input, strict)

?