[1.7.10] Slack bridge

alxandr

So, my friends and I which are currently playing FTB Infinity Skyblock decided to move from IRC to Slack for various reasons, thus I had to go looking for a minecraft mod that did Slack <-> MC Chat. Now, either I'm just really bad at looking, or there was none (at least not for forge), but either way I decided to make my own. I used the code from EiraIRC, and wrote a simple mod that basically mirrors chat to and from Slack. It also announces when players log in and out of the game and earn achievements, etc. I'm not claiming it's particularly well done or anything, but my friends and I have been using it for a few weeks now, and we've been really happy with how well it's worked. There are some problems that I should probably improve over time though, such as if you ping a user in Slack, the MC chat prints gibberish. Smileys also do not work great. But all in all it's been working really great for us.

One of the really cool things is that slack API allows you to post messages (as a bot) with arbitrary "sender" name and picture. This allowed me to show the minecraft username as sender, along with the user's minecraft skin as the image. See images bellow for sample:

H0bTIHx.png

6TTRjAj.png

The mod's sources can be found here: https://github.com/Alxandr/slack-bridge. No jars available yet I'm afraid. I'm currently trying to figure out how I can do CI with build-versioning and automatic releases as I'm completely new to both gradle and minecraft mods (not to mention JVM in general). If anyone want to help me with that I'd be most appreciative.

I hope this mod can help out some people who are in the same situation as I was, and want to get slack chat and mc chat to work together nicely. Please let me know if you have any questions.

[update]

Jar available on curseforge: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/slack-bridge