[1.9] Models and textures not loading.

Legoboy0109

I've been trying to mod with 1.9 for about a month now, but the models and textures just won't work. I even tried using another mod (RFTools) as a baseline but I still can't get it to work. If anyone has a good tutorial or working method for 1.9 models/textures it would be very appreciated.

If you're going to be salty, just take a listen.

the model path is resources/assets/gt/models/item/itemSapphire.json

The modid is gt and the texture path is resources/assets/gt/textures/items/itemSapphire.png

I'm using the same model loading method as RFTools and the same resource path as Mr. CrayFish's 1.8.9 modding tutorial.

If you're going to be salty, just take a listen.

I explain how to register items and their models in 1.9 here.

The log should tell you exactly what went wrong with the model/texture loading process. Try following this troubleshooting guide to figure out what went wrong (though the error messages may be slightly outdated). If you still can't figure it out, upload your FML log (logs/fml-client-latest.log) and item/model registration code to Gist (with syntax highlighting) and link them here. A full repository of your code would also work instead of posting individual classes.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.