[Semi-Solved] [1.7.10] Getting RF item to charge in a custom charge

onVoid

I have this custom Redstone Flux charger (with usage of the CoFHLib) and it gets powered and such perfectly. I am unsure how to go about getting it to charge items, though.

I have attempted to edit the NBT tag of the item (all of the items have a "Energy" NBT tag), and editing it works, but it doesn't change the charge bar of item lore. Any help? Thanks!

Current code:

if (slots[10].hasTagCompound()){
			NBTTagCompound  = slots[10].getTagCompound();
			if (.hasKey("Energy")){
.setString("Energy", Integer.parseInt(.getString("Energy"))+20 + "");
				slots[10].setTagCompound();
			}
		}

Why are you storing the energy as a string in NBT then calling parseInt instead of just storing it as an int (using setInteger & getInteger)?

Thank you so much for pointing out my mistake! I got it working.

EDIT: The item charges and the charges displays in the item lore, but when taking it out of the machine it resets. Also, the durability bar still doesn't work.

In my previous post I posted the methods necessary to get your display bar working. Apparently you didn't feel like doing your own research into them, so I will spell it out for you.

Item#showDurabilityBar

In your item class override this method and return true when you want the durability bar to display. You can use conditionals to not display the bar when your item has max energy.

@Override
public boolean showDurabilityBar(ItemStack is) {
	if (getEnergyStored(is) >= getMaxEnergyStored(is)) {
		return false;
	}
	return true;
}

Item#getDurabilityForDisplay

In your item class override this method and return a double value in a percentage value of 1 for the current stored energy. So if you're using purely RF (no conversions) it would look something like this:

@Override
public double getDurabilityForDisplay(ItemStack is) {
	return (double) (1 - getEnergyStored(is) / getMaxEnergyStored(is));
}

Item#isDamageable

This isn't required as it is true by default. What this does is set whether or not your item has durability. My item, the AE2 Wireless Crafting Terminal, has this set to false simply so "Durability 32/32" isn't displayed in the tooltip.

In my previous post I posted the methods necessary to get your display bar working. Apparently you didn't feel like doing your own research into them, so I will spell it out for you.

Item#showDurabilityBar

In your item class override this method and return true when you want the durability bar to display. You can use conditionals to not display the bar when your item has max energy.

@Override
public boolean showDurabilityBar(ItemStack is) {
	if (getEnergyStored(is) >= getMaxEnergyStored(is)) {
		return false;
	}
	return true;
}

Item#getDurabilityForDisplay

In your item class override this method and return a double value in a percentage value of 1 for the current stored energy. So if you're using purely RF (no conversions) it would look something like this:

@Override
public double getDurabilityForDisplay(ItemStack is) {
	return (double) (1 - getEnergyStored(is) / getMaxEnergyStored(is));
}

Item#isDamageable

This isn't required as it is true by default. What this does is set whether or not your item has durability. My item, the AE2 Wireless Crafting Terminal, has this set to false simply so "Durability 32/32" isn't displayed in the tooltip.

Thank you, kind sir. I was just a bit unsure about the things you were saying. I will test this out in a bit.

EDIT: The items I am charging aren't my items, they are items from EnderIO and Thermal Expansion. So I don't really have an item class...

Specifically, <Class>#<method> refers to a method that requires an object instance, rather then a static method.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Specifically, <Class>#<method> refers to a method that requires an object instance, rather then a static method.

You will see a lot of <Class>#<method> references on this board and that's exactly what that format is. So in those references, "Item" is a reference to your presumed item's super class (net.minecraft.item.Item) and "showDurabilityBar" is a method within that class.

Either way, as I said, the items I am trying to charge aren't my items, so I can't do anything to the item class.

If you're trying to charge another mod's items, there is no need to mess with the durability bar.  That should happen on the other mod item's end.  YOU just need to use the existent API to call ISomeInterface#someAddPowerMethod on the item (you will need to explicitly cast the Item)

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

If you're trying to charge another mod's items, there is no need to mess with the durability bar.  That should happen on the other mod item's end.  YOU just need to use the existent API to call ISomeInterface#someAddPowerMethod on the item (you will need to explicitly cast the Item)

Alright. I will begin searching for that method in CoFHLib. In the meantime, if anyone knows it, please inform me. Thanks!

I got the charging working (using IEnergyContainerItem and ItemEnergyContainer) but I am having another problem. With EnderIO items when I take it out of the machine, fully charged, it removes the charge and reverts to its uncharged state. But, if press a number key on the item to make it go to my hotbar, it keeps the charge. Anyone know why this is happening?