Basic Workbench: Containers and IInventories

Brunner1.

Hi

Someone may short explain me? When I open Workbench GUI i have GuiScreen opened. I can cast this screen to GuiCrafting.

Use of GuiCrafting.inventorySlots give me Container.

When I cast this container to ContainerWorkbench I can use .craftMatrix method to get IInventory  (3x3)

In theory I have now all to transfer my ItemStacks up and down.

ItemStack IS = CraftMatrix.getStackInSlot(0); 	

Cont.putStackInSlot(10, IS);			

CraftMatrix.setInventorySlotContents(0, (ItemStack) null); 

Cont.detectAndSendChanges();

move my stack from workbench slot 1 to upper-left slot in inventory, but stack return to his first position when i try to pick him :S.

You must do this on the server.

Unfortunately mod I'm working at should be Client-side only :( Currently I put stacks using playerControler.windowClicks. It's working very fine, but mod must syncing current inventory every clientTick and I'm looking for more elegant solution. Especialy for ItemStacks spliting and merging.

No more concepts?

Edited

I see, You give me idea here:

http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,38806.0.html 

Thanks. It's probably best way, but I'm to weak in Java yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm..

Crafting Tweaks is working client-side only mod. He use Container and IInventory. How? When i open his source files I see .initGui method in event code. In manuals I found info, that opening workbench java initialise gui and proper containers. Where is the truth?

Hmmm..

Crafting Tweaks is working client-side only mod. He use Container and IInventory. How? When i open his source files I see .initGui method in event code. In manuals I found info, that opening workbench java initialise gui and proper containers. Where is the truth?