[1.8.9] Check current villager trade and move correct item

Aulig

Hello,

is it possible to find out what trade a player is looking at after he clicked the villager?

I only need to know what type of item the villager wants, the amount doesnt matter.

Then id like to move the required item to the villagers "Input" slot.

What i dont know is how i find out the trade and how i move the item.

Thanks in advance.

Hm... Im getting a Nullpointer Exception with this code:

if(mc.thePlayer.openContainer instanceof ContainerMerchant){

ItemStack requested =((ContainerMerchant) mc.thePlayer.openContainer).getMerchantInventory().getCurrentRecipe().getItemToBuy();

The error occurs once i click the villager. Do you know why this is happening?

So actually (from what ive found out from some testing now) getCurrentRecipe is only then not null when the player puts in enough of the requested item into the villagers input slot so that the trade would be possible. This is kind of problematic as i want to put in the items automatically (before anything is in there). Do you know an alternative?

Well i doubt anyone will read this thread to the end. also i had a new idea i wanted to include, but youre the moderator - you decide. Feel free to delete it if you dont think its ok, im sorry in that case.

Well i doubt anyone will read this thread to the end. also i had a new idea i wanted to include, but youre the moderator - you decide. Feel free to delete it if you dont think its ok, im sorry in that case.