[1.7.10] Saving data to a file?

AnZaNaMa

Hi, I'm creating a custom mod for my server, because the use of KCauldron for plugin functionality seems to break a lot of things. Anyways, I'm currently working on a module for creating and managing sky islands for my skyfactory server. I have a command for people to create islands, but once the island is created, I want to somehow save the name of the island and it's coordinates so I can access it later. I considered storing it in player NBT data, but then the islands would have to be assigned to players and they would need to be online. I suppose I could also save it to the world's NBT data, but then if a player is in a different world and tries to access it, there may be problems. How can I save the data so that I can access it later?

- Just because things are the way they are doesn't mean they can't be the way you want them to be. Unless they're aspen trees. You can tell they're aspens 'cause the way they are.

Simply save it to file using standard IO operations.

If you want to utilize NBT use CompressedStreamTools.

Coords can be saved server-wise (not per-world) in some static class/map/list.

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.