[1.8.9] Wrong light on TESR cable

MrRiegel

hey guys

here is my problem:

4ze6DAd.png

Is there a way to make the light more smooth?

GlStateManager.pushMatrix();
	GlStateManager.enableRescaleNormal();
	GlStateManager.translate((float) x + 0.5F, (float) y + 0.5F, (float) z + 0.5F);
	Minecraft.getMinecraft().renderEngine.bindTexture(texture);

GlStateManager.rotate(180F, 0.0F, 0.0F, 1.0F);
	GlStateManager.color(1.0F, 1.0F, 1.0F, 1.0F);
	RenderHelper.disableStandardItemLighting();
//		RenderHelper.enableStandardItemLighting();
	model.render(te);
	GlStateManager.popMatrix();
	GlStateManager.disableRescaleNormal();

hey guys

here is my problem:

4ze6DAd.png

Is there a way to make the light more smooth?

GlStateManager.enableRescaleNormal();
	GlStateManager.translate((float) x + 0.5F, (float) y + 0.5F, (float) z + 0.5F);
	Minecraft.getMinecraft().renderEngine.bindTexture(texture);

GlStateManager.rotate(180F, 0.0F, 0.0F, 1.0F);
	RenderHelper.disableStandardItemLighting();
//		RenderHelper.enableStandardItemLighting();
	model.render(te);
	GlStateManager.disableRescaleNormal();

Not easily.

The smooth lighting calculations are very complex and involve getting the light levels at each of the adjacent 26 blocks and doing some interpolation and setting the light value per-vertex.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Not easily.

The smooth lighting calculations are very complex and involve getting the light levels at each of the adjacent 26 blocks and doing some interpolation and setting the light value per-vertex.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

Why is that thing a TESR anyways? It does not look like it's animated in any way. You should avoid using a TESR if it's not needed (it almost never is unless you have moving parts).

Knowing that I should use TESR less often, but having previously done so anyway (learning and not knowing how to turn a Tecne model into a ISBRH at the time and now we have the baked models)...

Can you render name tags through the simpler systems? I'm not entirely sure either way.

This is what I mean:

pedastal.png

The block renders both it's contents (1 item) and the item's name.

Why is that thing a TESR anyways? It does not look like it's animated in any way. You should avoid using a TESR if it's not needed (it almost never is unless you have moving parts).

Knowing that I should use TESR less often, but having previously done so anyway (learning and not knowing how to turn a Tecne model into a ISBRH at the time and now we have the baked models)...

Can you render name tags through the simpler systems? I'm not entirely sure either way.

This is what I mean:

pedastal.png

The block renders both it's contents (1 item) and the item's name.

Ah, so if the name tag was like an Entity name tag in that it always faces the camera, that would require a TESR.

Ah, so if the name tag was like an Entity name tag in that it always faces the camera, that would require a TESR.