How to install mods made with MCP

tminor1

So this is a non forge question. I want to change up just a little bit of minecraft code to create a simple mod with out having to learn to use forge. The problem is after I create my mod I do the stuff to get the modded files. Then I go to the minecraft jar and put the modded files into the jar file. But then when I run minecraft the jar file just gets re-downloaded. I don't understand it. I renamed the the folder, jar file, jason file, and opened the jason file and changed 1.9.4 to the new name and I also deleted the META-INF folder from the jar file. If I were to create and install a mod into a server.jar every thing would work fine, but if I try to mod the client it just re-downloads the jar file and I can't use my mod. How do I install the mod so it can work?

Well I don't care about it not being compatible with other mods this mod is for my use only I have no plans to distribute it and make money I only want it for my use only. You guys always assume that when someone asks for help developing a mod they are planning to become some big modder and make lots of money but there are others like me who don't want money they just want to make a mod for themselves because there is no other mod out there that will do what they want. For me I want to make a mod that disables endermen from picking up blocks. I know that you can change the mobGriffing gamerule to false but I am fine with creepers and things doing what they do but I don't like endermen moving blocks at all and I wish that it was removed from the game so I want to make a mod to do that.

• 4 years later...
  • Guest locked this topic