News on the forge for MC 1.10 ???

Roby

I've finished the MCP 1.10 update it's now just sitting there waiting of Searge/Bspkrs to take a look at it.

Once they push that out i'll start working on 1.10 Forge.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

It would probably be best to stay with 1.9.4, it hasn't been out for long, so mods can actually update to it.

1.10 doesn't really bring anything new to the table and should probably be skipped, 1.11 will probably be out in 1-2 months at this rate anyway.

It would probably be best to stay with 1.9.4, it hasn't been out for long, so mods can actually update to it.

1.10 doesn't really bring anything new to the table and should probably be skipped, 1.11 will probably be out in 1-2 months at this rate anyway.

I'd say more like 5-8 months.

Jeb announced today on twitter that the new features for 1.11 won't be revealed until Minecon, which is Sept 24th. I guess there'll be some months of snapshots after Minecon. If they get the release out 2 months after Minecon, that's 5 months away. If it's more like last year's bigger release (remember they demo'ed end cities first at Minecon last year), then there will be 6 months of snapshots after Minecon and it'll be out in Feb 2017, which is 8 months away.

Any word on an Microsoft putting out an API anytime soon?

The Pocket Edition devs have been working on this:

Colore - The mod that adds monochrome blocks in every color of the rainbow!

http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php?topic=35149

If you're looking to learn how to make mods for 1.9.4, I wrote a helpful article with links to a lot of useful resources for learning Minecraft 1.9.4 modding!

http://supergeniuszeb.com/mods/a-helpful-list-of-minecraft-1-9-4-modding-resources/

I suppose that is a good and bad thing. I love Forge and everything it does and it has allowed me to enjoy Minecraft for years. I would hope that an API would allow developers to release mods easier. As a programmer (not MC) I can totally understand how much frustration must go into keeping a mod up-to-date. There are so many MC updates and the mod devs have a hard time keeping up. It also lends to older versions not being supported and kind of segregates the community.

Having seen a number of mods not update past 1.7.10 has been a scary site to me (Team CoFH) and a few others and I can't say I blame them as trying to develop in such a changing environment has to become tedious especially since they are doing it on their own time with little if any funding.

I applaud the devs that have kept up and can one day hope the API comes. I do hope that Forge and Lex and the others aren't left out in the cold as Forge is what has made me love MC.

It's not anything like an api... it's like saying the command blocks were a step towards the api.

All it is, is a neat way for the devs to add small additions easier and have the same capabilities as mods that let you add basic blocks or mobs via json.

But you cannot add anything beyond the limits of a simple text file to minecraft with this.

Forge as an third-party sort-of-api gaves you amazing things like Thaumcraft and EU/RF, Moving entire villages with Frame-Machines... this "api" would allow you to add a different variant of andersite.

1) The Microsoft 'API' will never be a modding API. And will never give 1/10th the power that we have in the java version

2) Forge for 1.10 is done, however we are holding off until we get the last two stranglers for our re-licensing. Or we'll have to figure some other solution.

See:

https://github.com/MinecraftForge/MinecraftForge/issues/2789#issuecomment-227238452

3) Forge's update, tho a pain in the add on My end is rather small modder facing so there shouldn't be any reason for people to stay on 1.9.4

4) Modders who stay on old versions have their own reasons but mostly they are just lazy.

5) Bitching about updates doesn't make us go any faster.

TLDR: Forge 1.10 is done just waiting on some house cleaning.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

How to know when 1.11 will be out? I really didn't know 1.10 was going to be out that fast after 1.9, I don't remember updates on Minecraft this short in time since 1.5

I remember Minecraft updates been a big thing, but this 1.10 brings almost nothing new or interesting to the game and I didn't notice any excitement on the Minecraft Communities I'm usually around.

How to know when 1.11 will be out? I really didn't know 1.10 was going to be out that fast after 1.9, I don't remember updates on Minecraft this short in time since 1.5

Jeb said on twitter that 1.11 will come out, or at least the features announced, during MineCon, which is in September 24-25:

- So Forge sometime in October. And estimate 1.12 in 2017