Projectile Rendering Post gone wrong (not really)

crazyjackel

yo, i am pretty sure the experienced guys on this forum hear this alot, "oh no rendering isnt working". i myself have read at least 10 posts on that, but for some reason none of them seem to work in my situation. everything about my projectile is running smooth, except that my registerEntityRenderingHandler is deprecated, and i know i am supposed to add either a new renderer or IrenderFactory, its probably a few lines of code fix, so just help me out and move on with your day

Client proxy; named just pure Client: http://pastebin.com/KN1eGBvy

- note in actual code registerEntityRenderingHandler is crossed out

oh btw if you want more code bits, let me know, but im pretty sure the error is just here

okay i ran it how it was with RenderingRegistry.registerEntityRenderingHandler(EssenceSplashEffect.class, RenderSnowball::new);

which had an error that the thing couldnt figure out on the left side

heres the report:

http://pastebin.com/gaaG681j

what i think i am supposed to do is copy RenderSnowball and just rename everything into RenderEssenceSplash

my idea came from this post which basically stated that they were trying to do the same thing:

http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php?topic=8064.0

RenderSnowball

doesn't have a constructor with a single

RenderManager

argument, so you can't use

RenderSnowball::new

as an

IRenderFactory

. Use a lambda or subclass of

RenderSnowball

(anonymous or named) instead.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

so i should make a renderer that extends render snowball and make a method that returns the rendermanager?

note: trust me, i am very new to program lingo

i am currently testing using RenderArrow as it doesnt give me the same error as render snowball

can someone affirm that i am moving in the correct direction by making a new class that extends rendersnowball then adding in the rendering thats like render arrow

so i should make a renderer that extends render snowball

That was one of the options I presented, yes.

and make a method that returns the rendermanager?

No.

Create a class that extends

RenderSnowball

and has a constructor that takes a single

RenderManager

argument. Call the super constructor with this argument, the

Item

to render and the

RenderItem

instance. Use a method reference to this constructor (i.e.

RenderFooBar::new

) as the

IRenderFactory

implementation.

Alternatively, use a lambda as the

IRenderFactory

implementation. In this lambda, create an instance of

RenderSnowball

with the appropriate arguments. You could also use an anonymous class instead of a lambda.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: net.minecraft.src.EssenceSplashEffect.<init>(net.minecraft.world.World)

at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:3082) ~[?:1.8.0_91]

at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Class.java:1825) ~[?:1.8.0_91]

at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.internal.EntitySpawnHandler.spawnEntity(EntitySpawnHandler.java:96) [EntitySpawnHandler.class:?]

at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.internal.EntitySpawnHandler.process(EntitySpawnHandler.java:54) [EntitySpawnHandler.class:?]

at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.internal.EntitySpawnHandler.access$000(EntitySpawnHandler.java:29) [EntitySpawnHandler.class:?]

at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.internal.EntitySpawnHandler$1.run(EntitySpawnHandler.java:44) [EntitySpawnHandler$1.class:?]

Every

Entity

class must have a constructor that takes a single

World

argument. This is used to create the entity on the client.

Side note: Why are you creating classes in the

net.minecraft.src

package? Use a package unique to your mod, e.g.

com.<yourname>.<yourmod>

choonster, hopefully this is the final time, man i really appreciate what you have done for me, without you this wouldve taken at least 2 days to get right. man i am so happy that im getting 1 step closer to doing something cool and developing this mod im working on, so just plz help me figure out what this all means one last time

http://pastebin.com/vYrfQMTp

java.lang.NullPointerException: Rendering entity in world

at net.minecraft.item.ItemStack.getMetadata(ItemStack.java:286)

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.ItemModelMesher.getMetadata(ItemModelMesher.java:68)

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.ItemModelMesher.getItemModel(ItemModelMesher.java:41)

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.RenderItem.renderItem(RenderItem.java:262)

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.RenderSnowball.doRender(RenderSnowball.java:41)

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.RenderManager.doRenderEntity(RenderManager.java:380)

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.RenderManager.renderEntityStatic(RenderManager.java:337)

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.RenderManager.renderEntitySimple(RenderManager.java:304)

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderGlobal.renderEntities(RenderGlobal.java:672)

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.renderWorldPass(EntityRenderer.java:1368)

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.renderWorld(EntityRenderer.java:1282)

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.updateCameraAndRender(EntityRenderer.java:1110)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.runGameLoop(Minecraft.java:1107)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:380)

at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:116)

Minecraft is trying to render an

ItemStack

with a

null

Item

. This is because you passed

null

as the

Item

argument of the

RenderSnowball

constructor.

public class RenderEssenceSplash extends RenderSnowball

{

public RenderEssenceSplash(RenderManager renderManagerIn) {

super(renderManagerIn, Main.EssenceSplash, Minecraft.getMinecraft().getRenderItem());

}

}

im not sure which on is the item render constructor, but can you plz quickly explain how to make it alright, come on, i almost got it

public class RenderEssenceSplash extends RenderSnowball

{

public RenderEssenceSplash(RenderManager renderManagerIn) {

super(renderManagerIn, Main.EssenceSplash, Minecraft.getMinecraft().getRenderItem());

}

}

im not sure which on is the item render constructor, but can you plz quickly explain how to make it alright

Main.EssenceSplash

is the

Item

argument, so it was

null

when the constructor was called. Either you're assigning the field a value at some point after the constructor is called or you're never assigning it a value.

In future, use [nobbc]

[/nobbc] tags when posting code.

Let me be a bit more specific: Post the class where you call

EntityRegistry.registerModEntity

, the class where you call

RenderingRegistry.registerEntityRenderingHandler

, the class that calls those classes and your

Render

class. Also post your FML log.

The FML log is saved to logs/fml-client-latest.log in the game directory.

Things you need to fix:

• RenderingRegistry.registerEntityRenderingHandler

must be called in preInit.

• Block

s,

Item

s and other

IForgeRegistryEntry

implementations should be registered in preInit. The same goes for entities.

• Item models should be registered in preInit from your client proxy (not your
    @Mod

class, you'll crash the dedicated server) with

ModelLoader.setCustomModelResourceLocation

/

setCustomMeshDefinition

rather than in init with

ItemModelMesher#register

• GameRegistry.registerItem

and

GameRegistry.findItem

are deprecated, look at their doc comments for the replacements.

Event handler registration can be done in any phase, so that can stay where it is.

I did notice the

MormonBook

item.

okay did some research, gameregistry is not deprecated in 1.8.9 but has some deprecated commands which im not using

Ah, I didn't notice that you were using 1.8.9. I'd recommend updating to 1.9.4.

this mod is mostly in development for mainly me and my friends, i am not really confident in my skill to update it as such, btw i defined modelloaders in the preinit of client-my client proxy. how would i load those onto an item

Item CowEssenceItem = GameRegistry.findItem("essence", "CowEssence");
	ModelResourceLocation CowEssenceModel = new ModelResourceLocation("essence:CowEssence", "Inventory");
	ModelLoader.setCustomModelResourceLocation(CowEssenceItem, 0, CowEssenceModel);

these dont auto-attach to the item

wow second page already for a 'simple fix'