[1.7.10] importing mods to make addons

flamedragonX2

So I want to make an addon involving two different mods. I decompilied the mods (so all the files in them are .java files) and put them in my forge folder, so that Eclipse will see them. However, most of the files (not all) have errors now involving different method names (for example, the blocks in one of the mods use func_149647_a, but the blocks in the MC source that I have use method name "setCreativeTab()". So because the two names are different every single block class in that mod gives "method not found" errors.

How can I fix this? I guess I could go through every class but that would be extremely tedious, there has to be another way to have Eclipse recognize "func_149647_a" and every other one of those. Probably did something wrong with MCP...

Straight decompiling is insufficient. You need to deobfuscate.  What you are seeing is SRG names and the development environment operates on MCP names.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Straight decompiling is insufficient. You need to deobfuscate.  What you are seeing is SRG names and the development environment operates on MCP names.

Really nooby post here, but how do I deobfuscate properly? To decompile I used BON and the MCP and then JDGUI, but I have no idea how to deobfuscate.

Also, for future reference, what does SRG mean?

what does SRG mean?

Signature

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.