Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pre Compiled mods/modpack?

23Link89

Is there any way to make pre compiled modpacks and if so, can this ever become a feature in the future instead of compiling all the mods every time you load? I mean I know this requires a large amount of Forge's code to be rewritten, but could this ever be a feature?

Every time you launch MC with forge, forge and other core-mods is being injected to vanilla.

Then all @Mods and their classes are loaded by game's ClassLoader.

Whole process is not cached in anyway, so for big modpacks and weak computers you can get up to few minutes startup time.

Note: Above is very roughly described.

I think you are asking about caching loading result to make things go faster?

It's still Java so even then it will still take some time for sooo many classes, but yeah - probably faster.

But then again - if you have computer remotely close to gaming one - houndreds can load very fast.

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

There is no way to 'compile' modpacks. Without a re-write of the entire mod loading system this will never be possible. As mod typically do thousands of things at startup.

You'll just have to deal with it, go get a drink while it starts if your computer is that slow.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Patreon: http://www.patreon.com/lexmanos
Paypal: http://paypal.me/LexManos

BitCoin: 1Q8rWvUNMM2T1ZfDaFeeYQyVXtYoeT6tTn

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• You never assign a value to this field, hence it will remain at the initial value null.
    • Problem with "Tons of Enchants". Make sure the mod is up to date. If it already is, report this to the mod author.
    • Hello, my question explained in title, there is my entity class:   So, little introducion, i want to make entity, that always be following player and it's have texture of specific block, now i need to make it invincible and neutral to all mobs, i figured out how to make my entity neutral, but can't understand how to make it invincible. (i take codebase from SlimeEntity)
    • The mod I'm trying to use requires version 1.14.4  Thank you for looking into it. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to fix this. 
    • Sorry for the late reply but I've tried it now. However, the game crashes when i press the button with the following error 1:22:08] [Render thread/FATAL] [minecraft/Minecraft]: Reported exception thrown! net.minecraft.crash.ReportedException: mouseClicked event handler at net.minecraft.client.gui.screen.Screen.wrapScreenError(Screen.java:434) ~[forge-1.16.5-36.2.8_mapped_snapshot_20210309-1.16.5-recomp.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A} at net.minecraft.client.MouseHelper.mouseButtonCallback(MouseHelper.java:90) ~[forge-1.16.5-36.2.8_mapped_snapshot_20210309-1.16.5-recomp.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A} at net.minecraft.client.MouseHelper.lambda$null$4(MouseHelper.java:191) ~[forge-1.16.5-36.2.8_mapped_snapshot_20210309-1.16.5-recomp.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A} at net.minecraft.util.concurrent.ThreadTaskExecutor.execute(ThreadTaskExecutor.java:86) ~[forge-1.16.5-36.2.8_mapped_snapshot_20210309-1.16.5-recomp.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B} at net.minecraft.client.MouseHelper.lambda$registerCallbacks$5(MouseHelper.java:190) ~[forge-1.16.5-36.2.8_mapped_snapshot_20210309-1.16.5-recomp.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A} at org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFWMouseButtonCallbackI.callback(GLFWMouseButtonCallbackI.java:36) ~[lwjgl-glfw-3.2.2.jar:build 10] {} at org.lwjgl.system.JNI.invokeV(Native Method) ~[lwjgl-3.2.2.jar:build 10] {} at org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFW.glfwPollEvents(GLFW.java:3101) ~[lwjgl-glfw-3.2.2.jar:build 10] {} at com.mojang.blaze3d.systems.RenderSystem.flipFrame(RenderSystem.java:89) ~[forge-1.16.5-36.2.8_mapped_snapshot_20210309-1.16.5-recomp.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A} at net.minecraft.client.MainWindow.flipFrame(MainWindow.java:305) ~[forge-1.16.5-36.2.8_mapped_snapshot_20210309-1.16.5-recomp.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A} at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.runGameLoop(Minecraft.java:1022) ~[forge-1.16.5-36.2.8_mapped_snapshot_20210309-1.16.5-recomp.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A} at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:612) ~[forge-1.16.5-36.2.8_mapped_snapshot_20210309-1.16.5-recomp.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A} at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:184) ~[forge-1.16.5-36.2.8_mapped_snapshot_20210309-1.16.5-recomp.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A} at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_202] {} at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_202] {} at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_202] {} at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_202] {} at net.minecraftforge.userdev.FMLUserdevClientLaunchProvider.lambda$launchService$0(FMLUserdevClientLaunchProvider.java:52) ~[forge-1.16.5-36.2.8_mapped_snapshot_20210309-1.16.5-recomp.jar:?] {} at cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandlerDecorator.launch(LaunchServiceHandlerDecorator.java:37) [modlauncher-8.0.9.jar:?] {} at cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandler.launch(LaunchServiceHandler.java:54) [modlauncher-8.0.9.jar:?] {} at cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandler.launch(LaunchServiceHandler.java:72) [modlauncher-8.0.9.jar:?] {} at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:82) [modlauncher-8.0.9.jar:?] {} at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:66) [modlauncher-8.0.9.jar:?] {} at net.minecraftforge.userdev.LaunchTesting.main(LaunchTesting.java:108) [forge-1.16.5-36.2.8_mapped_snapshot_20210309-1.16.5-recomp.jar:?] {} Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException at net.the_goldbeards.lootdebugs.screen.PubScreen.lambda$init$0(PubScreen.java:56) ~[main/:?] {re:classloading} at net.minecraft.client.gui.widget.button.Button.onPress(Button.java:26) ~[forge-1.16.5-36.2.8_mapped_snapshot_20210309-1.16.5-recomp.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A} at net.minecraft.client.gui.widget.button.AbstractButton.onClick(AbstractButton.java:18) ~[forge-1.16.5-36.2.8_mapped_snapshot_20210309-1.16.5-recomp.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A} at net.minecraft.client.gui.widget.Widget.mouseClicked(Widget.java:136) ~[forge-1.16.5-36.2.8_mapped_snapshot_20210309-1.16.5-recomp.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A} at net.minecraft.client.gui.INestedGuiEventHandler.mouseClicked(INestedGuiEventHandler.java:31) ~[forge-1.16.5-36.2.8_mapped_snapshot_20210309-1.16.5-recomp.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A} at net.minecraft.client.gui.screen.inventory.ContainerScreen.mouseClicked(ContainerScreen.java:299) ~[forge-1.16.5-36.2.8_mapped_snapshot_20210309-1.16.5-recomp.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A} at net.minecraft.client.MouseHelper.lambda$mouseButtonCallback$0(MouseHelper.java:92) ~[forge-1.16.5-36.2.8_mapped_snapshot_20210309-1.16.5-recomp.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A} at net.minecraft.client.gui.screen.Screen.wrapScreenError(Screen.java:427) ~[forge-1.16.5-36.2.8_mapped_snapshot_20210309-1.16.5-recomp.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A} ... 23 more   and this is my Screenclass: package net.the_goldbeards.lootdebugs.screen; import com.mojang.blaze3d.matrix.MatrixStack; import com.mojang.blaze3d.platform.GlStateManager; import com.mojang.blaze3d.systems.RenderSystem; import net.minecraft.client.Minecraft; import net.minecraft.client.gui.screen.inventory.ContainerScreen; import net.minecraft.client.gui.screen.inventory.CraftingScreen; import net.minecraft.client.gui.screen.inventory.FurnaceScreen; import net.minecraft.client.gui.widget.button.Button; import net.minecraft.client.gui.widget.button.ImageButton; import net.minecraft.entity.player.PlayerInventory; import net.minecraft.entity.player.ServerPlayerEntity; import net.minecraft.tileentity.TileEntity; import net.minecraft.util.ResourceLocation; import net.minecraft.util.text.ITextComponent; import net.minecraft.world.World; import net.minecraftforge.api.distmarker.Dist; import net.minecraftforge.api.distmarker.OnlyIn; import net.minecraftforge.fml.network.NetworkHooks; import net.minecraftforge.fml.network.simple.SimpleChannel; import net.the_goldbeards.lootdebugs.LootDebugsMain; import net.the_goldbeards.lootdebugs.Server.PacketHandler; import net.the_goldbeards.lootdebugs.Server.ToServerFilterCheck; import net.the_goldbeards.lootdebugs.container.PubContainer; import net.the_goldbeards.lootdebugs.tileentity.PubTile; import org.apache.logging.log4j.Level; public class PubScreen extends ContainerScreen<PubContainer> { PubTile pubTile; private MatrixStack matrixStack; private static int i; private static int j; private static final ResourceLocation GUI = new ResourceLocation(LootDebugsMain.MOD_ID, "textures/gui/pub_gui.png"); private static final ResourceLocation CONTINUE_BUTTON = new ResourceLocation(LootDebugsMain.MOD_ID, "textures/gui/recipe_button.png"); public PubScreen(PubContainer screenContainer, PlayerInventory inv, ITextComponent titleIn) { super(screenContainer, inv, titleIn); // pubTile = (PubTile)screenContainer. } @Override protected void init() { super.init(); this.addButton(new ImageButton(this.guiLeft + 140, this.height / 2 - 30, 20, 18, 0, 0, 19, CONTINUE_BUTTON, (button) -> { System.out.println("BUtton PReeess" + "ssd"); //PacketHandler.CHANNEL.sendToServer(); System.out.println("hi"); PacketHandler.sendToServer(new ToServerFilterCheck(pubTile.getPos())); ((ImageButton)button).setPosition(this.guiLeft + 140, this.height / 2 - 30); })); this.titleX = (this.xSize - this.font.getStringPropertyWidth(this.title)) / 2; } @Override public void render(MatrixStack matrixStack, int mouseX, int mouseY, float partialTicks) { this.renderBackground(matrixStack); super.render(matrixStack, mouseX, mouseY, partialTicks); this.renderHoveredTooltip(matrixStack, mouseX, mouseY); for(int i = 0; i < this.buttons.size(); ++i) { this.buttons.get(i).render(matrixStack,mouseX,mouseY,partialTicks); } } @Override protected void drawGuiContainerBackgroundLayer(MatrixStack matrixStack, float partialTicks, int x, int y) { RenderSystem.color4f(1f,1f,1f,1f); this.minecraft.getTextureManager().bindTexture(GUI); int i = this.guiLeft; int j = this.guiTop; this.matrixStack = matrixStack; this.j= j; this.i = i; this.blit(matrixStack, i,j,0,0,this.xSize, this.ySize); if(false) { /*this.blit(matrixStack, i+55,j+13,183,2,28,0);//Water-emty this.blit(matrixStack, i+55,j+13,183,2,28,3);//Water-1 this.blit(matrixStack, i+55,j+13,183,2,38,5);//Water-2 this.blit(matrixStack, i+55,j+13,183,2,48,5);//Water-3 this.blit(matrixStack, i+55,j+13,183,2,64,12);//Water-4 this.blit(matrixStack, i+55,j+13,183,2,66,21);//Water-Full*/ } } /* protected void actionPerformed(Button button) { ExpandedIndustry.LOGGER.log(Level.DEBUG, "Button clicked"); if(button instanceof ImageButton) { ImageButton lb = (ImageButton)button; EnumAcceptType t = lb.cycleType(); tileEntity.setEnumType(t); PacketHandler.sendToServer(new ToServerFilterClick(0, tileEntity.getPos(), t.ordinal())); } }*/ }  
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.