[1.10] Preparing compatibility on Modded Minecraft

Abastro

Hello, I have question on current state/contents of modded minecraft, to prepare compatibility with them.

I'm working on a mod named 'Stellarium' which features Configurable Procedural Generation on Space.

To allow it compatibility with existing mods, I am designing an API first, on which 'Stellarium' will be based.

So what kind of compatibility layer should I prepare on this API?

I really got lost here, and any progress has been blocked by this problem.

Any information and instructions on compatibility, modded minecraft concepts, trends, tendency, or advice on API will be greatly appreciated.

* In case this additional information is needed;

The implementation will be based on Observation concept, which means some operation will trigger inspection on certain domain of the space, and the result will be given as callback.

The main problem lies on the result.

I. Stellarium for Minecraft: Configurable Universe for Minecraft! (WIP)

II. Stellar Sky, Better Star Rendering&Sky Utility mod, had separated from Stellarium.

I desperately need any reply. How should I prepare/implement compatibility?

II. Stellar Sky, Better Star Rendering&Sky Utility mod, had separated from Stellarium.

TBH I can't really grasp your problem.

API is a set of public methods and/or registries which pretty much allow other to interact with your mod.

Just write a damn mod and expose parts of it form of event (yeah, you can write your own events, just like forge does).

"features Configurable Procedural Generation on Space." - well, if you implement your own generators, all other will be pretty much pushed away, UNLESS you either provide API for other mods to inject generation to your generator or you will use what Forge gives you - everything other mods register to Forge, you can migrate to your own generator.

I seriously don't get what compatibility are you expecting.

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

I should have added more details;

The problem is, the procedural generation will regard the factors which can be extracted from the generated objects. Why?

It's due to deficiency of memory.

Yes, procedural generation on minecraft does not care about the factors, they just generate and track nearest chunks to players/chunk loaders.

But, that case is actually special, since 'nearest' is invariance. But in general, like in my case, there is no need of the 'nearest' to be defined as general. Actually there are many cases that invariant definition of 'nearest' objects will lead to huge memory usage. (Like frustrum checks)

So I decided to load objects temporally, and only for certain usecases.

This made the factors which can be investigated from objects by certain way of inspection very important.

That's why I want to be aware of possible factors, in Minecraft Modding.