Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Server/Client sources not found on recompile 1.4.5

Joshwarfield

Hi,

I am trying to recompile Minecraft using MCP. I’m using MCP version 7.23 and Forge 6.4.445 revision 2 for MC 1.4.5.

I get the following errors “!! Can not find client/server sources, try decompiling !!” when attempting to recompile, but I already have.

With the new file structure introduced in introduced in one of the more recent versions when I run install.sh the recompile.sh no longer works.

I assume (and I’m sorry if this is wrong) that it is the new structure because it has never happened before and it’s my first time using it.

Just to note I’ve tried installing mcp multiple times once with forge setting it up and once doing it myself.

I’m sorry that I couldn’t include a crash log (FML/Forge log or Modloader.txt) but this is all that it’s printed out.

How can I successfully compile Minecraft using MCP?

Many thanks for any help,

Josh

Forge will automatically download MCP for you. Don't extract Forge into MCP.

There's an EAQ for a reason. Read it!

"Note that failure to read this will make you look idiotic. You don't want that do you?" -- luacs1998

First rule of bug reports: More information is always better.

Oh, and logs OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!

I tried a clean install like you said letting forge get mcp with no custom code in and it still gave me the error.

Here is a pastebin of the install and attempted recompile http://pastebin.com/H7FUWKDS.

Here's the last few lines:

=============================== Minecraft Forge Setup Finished =================================

static-107:forge 2 joshuac$ cd mcp/

static-107:mcp joshuac$ ./recompile.sh

== MCP 7.23 (data: 7.23, client: 1.4.5, server: 1.4.5) ==

# found ff, ff patches, srgs, name csvs, doc csvs, param csvs, renumber csv, astyle, astyle config

== Recompiling client ==

> Cleaning bin

> Recompiling

- Done in 18.85 seconds

!! Can not find server sources, try decompiling !!

static-107:mcp joshuac$

Delete your entire mcp/forge folder, download ONLY forge, extract it and run install.bat. The eclipse workspace is in <forge folder>/mcp/eclipse.

Protip: try and find answers yourself before asking on the forum.

It's pretty likely that there is an answer.

Was I helpful? Give me a thank you!

width=635 height=903http://bit.ly/HZ03zy[/img]

Tired of waiting for mods to port to bukkit?

use BukkitForge! (now with a working version of WorldEdit!)

Delete your entire mcp/forge folder, download ONLY forge, extract it and run install.bat. The eclipse workspace is in <forge folder>/mcp/eclipse.

Thanks for the response. That's what I did and I still got the the same error.

I don't use Eclipse, I use Intellij with the src directory.

)

Download ONLY forge, extract it and then run install.bat, mcp will be in <forge folder>/mcp.

Protip: try and find answers yourself before asking on the forum.

It's pretty likely that there is an answer.

Was I helpful? Give me a thank you!

width=635 height=903http://bit.ly/HZ03zy[/img]

Tired of waiting for mods to port to bukkit?

use BukkitForge! (now with a working version of WorldEdit!)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm experiencing the same problem. I never made a mod for forge before (did for make some for bukkit though), so plaese tell me if I do something wrong.

So here is what I did:

1: Downloaded forge (version 6.5.0.471, current recommended build)

2: Unzipped the file.

3: opened a new terminal in the /forge directory.

4: chmod +x ./install.sh

5: runned ./install.sh (result: pastebin)

6: cd ./mcp

7: runned ./recompile.sh (result: pastebin)

I'm running linux (Ubuntu 12.10) with OpenJDK (1.7.0_09)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Also note after updating you need to regenerate the gradle dependencies 
    • Use debugger to check which code is running and what the return values are
    • im trying to figure out how to change my mod's forge version but i cant seem to find the forge version in the build.gradle . build.gradle: buildscript { repositories { // These repositories are only for Gradle plugins, put any other repositories in the repository block further below maven { url = 'https://maven.minecraftforge.net' } mavenCentral() } dependencies { classpath group: 'net.minecraftforge.gradle', name: 'ForgeGradle', version: '5.1.+', changing: true } } apply plugin: 'net.minecraftforge.gradle' group = 'net.mikeyypants' version = '1.0-SNAPSHOT' java { archivesBaseName = 'TestMod' toolchain.languageVersion = JavaLanguageVersion.of(17) } minecraft { // The mappings can be changed at any time and must be in the following format. // Channel: Version: // snapshot YYYYMMDD Snapshot are built nightly. // stable # Stables are built at the discretion of the MCP team. // official MCVersion Official field/method names from Mojang mapping files // // You must be aware of the Mojang license when using the 'official' mappings. // See more information here: https://github.com/MinecraftForge/MCPConfig/blob/master/Mojang.md // // Use non-default mappings at your own risk. They may not always work. // Simply re-run your setup task after changing the mappings to update your workspace. mappings channel: 'official', version: '1.18' // accessTransformer = file('src/main/resources/META-INF/accesstransformer.cfg') // Default run configurations. // These can be tweaked, removed, or duplicated as needed. runs { client { workingDirectory project.file('run') // Recommended logging data for a userdev environment // The markers can be added/removed as needed separated by commas. // "SCAN": For mods scan. // "REGISTRIES": For firing of registry events. // "REGISTRYDUMP": For getting the contents of all registries. property 'forge.logging.markers', 'REGISTRIES' // Recommended logging level for the console // You can set various levels here. // Please read: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2031163/when-to-use-the-different-log-levels property 'forge.logging.console.level', 'debug' mods { testmod { source sourceSets.main } } } server { workingDirectory project.file('run') // Recommended logging data for a userdev environment // The markers can be added/removed as needed separated by commas. // "SCAN": For mods scan. // "REGISTRIES": For firing of registry events. // "REGISTRYDUMP": For getting the contents of all registries. property 'forge.logging.markers', 'REGISTRIES' // Recommended logging level for the console // You can set various levels here. // Please read: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2031163/when-to-use-the-different-log-levels property 'forge.logging.console.level', 'debug' mods { testmod { source sourceSets.main } } } data { workingDirectory project.file('run') // Recommended logging data for a userdev environment // The markers can be added/removed as needed separated by commas. // "SCAN": For mods scan. // "REGISTRIES": For firing of registry events. // "REGISTRYDUMP": For getting the contents of all registries. property 'forge.logging.markers', 'REGISTRIES' // Recommended logging level for the console // You can set various levels here. // Please read: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2031163/when-to-use-the-different-log-levels property 'forge.logging.console.level', 'debug' // Specify the modid for data generation, where to output the resulting resource, and where to look for existing resources. args '--mod', 'testmod', '--all', '--output', file('src/generated/resources/'), '--existing', file('src/main/resources/') mods { testmod { source sourceSets.main } } } } } // Include resources generated by data generators. sourceSets.main.resources { srcDir 'src/generated/resources' } repositories { // Put repositories for dependencies here // ForgeGradle automatically adds the Forge maven and Maven Central for you // If you have mod jar dependencies in ./libs, you can declare them as a repository like so: // flatDir { // dir 'libs' // } } dependencies { // Specify the version of Minecraft to use. If this is any group other than 'net.minecraft' it is assumed // that the dep is a ForgeGradle 'patcher' dependency, and its patches will be applied. // The userdev artifact is a special name and will get all sorts of transformations applied to it. minecraft 'net.minecraftforge:forge:1.18-38.0.8' // Real mod deobf dependency examples - these get remapped to your current mappings // compileOnly fg.deobf("mezz.jei:jei-${mc_version}:${jei_version}:api") // Adds JEI API as a compile dependency // runtimeOnly fg.deobf("mezz.jei:jei-${mc_version}:${jei_version}") // Adds the full JEI mod as a runtime dependency // implementation fg.deobf("com.tterrag.registrate:Registrate:MC${mc_version}-${registrate_version}") // Adds registrate as a dependency // Examples using mod jars from ./libs // implementation fg.deobf("blank:coolmod-${mc_version}:${coolmod_version}") // For more info... // http://www.gradle.org/docs/current/userguide/artifact_dependencies_tutorial.html // http://www.gradle.org/docs/current/userguide/dependency_management.html } // Example for how to get properties into the manifest for reading at runtime. jar { manifest { attributes([ "Specification-Title" : "testmod", //"Specification-Vendor": "testmod authors", "Specification-Version" : "1", // We are version 1 of ourselves "Implementation-Title" : project.name, "Implementation-Version" : project.jar.archiveVersion, //"Implementation-Vendor": "testmod authors", "Implementation-Timestamp": new Date().format("yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ssZ") ]) } } jar.finalizedBy('reobfJar')  
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.