[SOLVED][1.10.2] Unrender blocks&Make them unbreakable and Render techne model

SHsuperCM

so this is the situation

i have a pattern of blocks with some blocks from my mod that all srround a crafting table

if i rightclick the top of the crafting table with my "MT Basic Staff" the crafting table turns into an "MT Crafter"(i figured it out already)

i want the "MT Crafter" first to unrender and i want all the blocks that belong to it's pattern to unrender and make all blocks unbreakable

then i want to load an techne model which im still learning to use blender and i dont know how to export it into minecraft yet...

1. How i can set a json model from the MT Crafter to be nothing?

2. How would i go about unrendering the blocks from the pattern?

3. How can i make them unbreakable?

4. Is there a good tutorial that shows how to use techne models and show them on blocks?

tnx helping!

Doing stuff n' things

If your model is dynamic, i.e. it changes/animates you would render it in a TESR, but it doesn't sound like that's what your block is. To use a custom static model, you'll need to use a modeling program that exports in a format that Forge/MC can understand (JSON, Obj, or B3D).

Don't make mods if you don't know Java.

Check out my website: http://shadowfacts.net

Developer of many mods

If your model is dynamic, i.e. it changes/animates you would render it in a TESR, but it doesn't sound like that's what your block is. To use a custom static model, you'll need to use a modeling program that exports in a format that Forge/MC can understand (JSON, Obj, or B3D).

im sure that there is a way to render techne models.. and i do not understand what TESR is because i just started learning forge these 2 months and i got alot figured about forge...

Doing stuff n' things

A TESR stands for a TileEntity Special Renderer as said above usually used for when there is motion that needs to be rendered. But there is another way to render blocks that are not just cubes or rectangles now. That is the new JSON system. There are modelers that people have made to help with this here is a link.

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Programs_and_editors/3D_modeling

BTW to be able to use techne models on blocks you need a TESR which requires a TileEntity.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

A TESR stands for a TileEntity Special Renderer as said above usually used for when there is motion that needs to be rendered. But there is another way to render blocks that are not just cubes or rectangles now. That is the new JSON system. There are modelers that people have made to help with this here is a link.

BTW to be able to use techne models on blocks you need a TESR which requires a TileEntity.

i know how to work with json and i own cubik pro but it fixes(limiting) alot of stuff such as rotation as far as i know to 45 degrees and such, i'd really love this to be another model and i think TESR is what i'll need to use... but i havent even made a tile entity and i made a normal entity in 1.6.4 i think... when it was the latest version of minecraft...

ill need some material, you guys know any good starting tile entity tutorials? ones that are explaining stuff as well as showing the basics?

Doing stuff n' things

You shouldn't use a TESR for a static model. Just use one of other modeling programs (not Techne) and export to JSON/Obj/B3D.

i really have no clue how to use obj files, loading them, modeling them..

you know any good program that is not as complecated as blender because this program really really confuses me...

also any really detailed tutorials on how to load OBJ files into a block?

and lastly i still need to figure a way to unrender the other blocks from my pattern and make them unbreakable...

Doing stuff n' things

By make them unbreakable you can use a different blockState and when the blockState was switch it will update, I assume you can use three different blockStates. One for the original, one for the transparent, and one for the new unbreakable version. Heck you could use different blocks to accomplish this if you wanted.

public float getBlockHardness(IBlockState blockState, World worldIn, BlockPos pos)
    {
        return this.blockHardness;
    }

Edit that method it is Deprecated but it still works, just set the returned value to -1 to make the block unbreakable.

I don't know what program to use as I have not actually fiddled around with the new JSON system yet.

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

By make them unbreakable you can use a different blockState and when the blockState was switch it will update, I assume you can use three different blockStates. One for the original, one for the transparent, and one for the new unbreakable version. Heck you could use different blocks to accomplish this if you wanted.

public float getBlockHardness(IBlockState blockState, World worldIn, BlockPos pos)
    {
        return this.blockHardness;
    }

Edit that method it is Deprecated but it still works, just set the returned value to -1 to make the block unbreakable.

I don't know what program to use as I have not actually fiddled around with the new JSON system yet.

i know about the block hardness thing, but thanks, why didnt i think of replacing all the blocks to modelless unbreakable blocks since i know that the structure is complete, i could just replace the old blocks upon destroying the crafter... i really have no clue why didnt i think of making my own blocks....

and thanks for letting me know that if block hardness is -1 its unbreakable.. i thought i needed to just put humangos number or something...

still, anyone knows a good tutorial for models on blocks?

Doing stuff n' things

I meant is it going to be like the crafting table, having a top texture, a bottom texture, and side texture or is it going to be like a furnace?

I meant is it going to be like the crafting table, having a top texture, a bottom texture, and side texture or is it going to be like a furnace?

isnt a furnace also like that?

having a top texture, a bottom texture, and side texture

you mean, rotateable?

Doing stuff n' things

No a crafting table has three different textures associated with it, the one on the top, bottom, sides, and the furnace has a front, sides, and a top/bottom.

Not just a solid cube?

the MTcrafter itself is not a solic cube, of course not...  i planned this mod for a bit and i thought about almost everything and made sure that i can make the mod stand from others... i dont want to just put a simple block in the 2nd most importent thing in the mod...

Doing stuff n' things

Then from here

I have used and would recommend these two MC Model Maker and MrCrayfish's Model Creator, both support JSON files directly and allow custom modeling (aka not a cube).

Then from here

I have used and would recommend these two MC Model Maker and MrCrayfish's Model Creator, both support JSON files directly and allow custom modeling (aka not a cube).

i know how to work with json, i own cubik pro and i already installed MrCrayfish's model maker... im comming to modding from the world of commandblocks and vanilla manipulation.. i know a butt ton about json and its systems..

Doing stuff n' things

Then why did you ask? With those you should be able to do it?

Then why did you ask? With those you should be able to do it?

i was really avoiding them because of the json limits, and i wanted to try something new....

json has the 22.5 limit and it bugs me a bit, its only working on fixed pixels which makes it annoying to fix that z glitch and such stuff... i mean, i could try that if its so so complicated to use other stuff...

Doing stuff n' things

Well there are TESRs which I think are easy to use, but you shouldn't use it for performance reasons, and then there is IBakedModel which I have no experience. You may be able to find information on google about this. If not you could make a new topic asking how it works, but definitely look first.

Well there are TESRs which I think are easy to use, but you shouldn't use it for performance reasons, and then there is IBakedModel which I have no experience. You may be able to find information on google about this. If not you could make a new topic asking how it works, but definitely look first.

ill first try to start a json, if it wont work as well as i planned ill use another system i guess...  currently im working on the structure checking and filling the blocks that are needed to be checked...  then ill work on getting the blocks to change to the modeled blocks...

is there a good tutorial about rotateable json blocks? and how i can place them rotated within code?

Doing stuff n' things