Crash Report

zloebl777

So, I tried to update to the latest Forge version, and got an error I don't really understand, which makes sense since I don't code in Java too well (yet).  When I used a stable backup that I know used to work, I got the same error.  Here's the link to the crash report on pastebin.  http://pastebin.com/601qKjSr  Hope this gets fixed soon!

EDIT:  Also seem to be having some sort of problem with 7-zip/ WinRAR and a file named aux.class.

Nope, definitely Forge or 7-Zip having a problem with Forge.  I emptied out my mods folder, coremods folder, config folder, saves, everything.  I tried to install Forge, 7-Zip gave me an error message of

0    WARNING: The system could not find the file specified

1    :C:\Users\Zachary\Appdata\Local\Temp\7zEAE5D.tmp\aux

Any ideas on how to fix this?

DO NOT extract all your classes, just drag the shit directly from one zip to the other.

If that doesn't work, use MultiMC.

Windows does not allow files with the name 'aux' so if you try to extract it, it'll fuck shit up.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

->zloebl777

You need an archive app that does not cache the files to disk. I have the same problem with my archiver even when dragging from one open archive window to another; files are always cached to disk.

I am told that WinZip will work but haven't tried it.

Work around I use in this situation is to rename aux.class within the forge distribution, copy all files to minecraft.jar, delete existing aux.class in minecraft.jar and then finally rename the file I copied into minecraft.jar back to aux.class.

It sound a bit long-winded but it doesn't really come up too often and I'm loathed to dump the archiver I'm happy with just for this. Would be easier just to knock out an installer to perform the whole process of installing forge.

Hope that helps :-},

Alex

We do not ship the aux class.

And if you install things properly, archiving tools do not exctract everything from the target zip.

So, you need to figure out how you wanna handle it, aux should never be extracted to your disc.

If you STILL can't figure it out, just use MultiMC

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.

->LexManos

Latest Forge Build 1.4.6-6.5.0.462 actually DOES come with aux.class in it's root Lex. It's the first version for 1.4.6 that I personally have downloaded and I made the assumption that this was a new addition for 1.4.6.

Have just downloaded Build 1.4.6-6.5.0.451 to check... It's in that one too so does appear to be an addition for 1.4.6. as I haven't seen in included before. File size differs from the aux.class shipped in minecraft.jar which also suggests to me that there was some intelligence at work rather than it just slipping in there.

Regards,

Alex

Humm my eyes must of missed that in the build log, however:

Outputted net/minecraft/client/gui/achievement/GuiAchievements to reobf/minecraft as aux.class

Seems you're right.

So this a non-critical issue if users cant copy over aux as it's just the achievement pages. Achievements still work just you wont be able to see them in the normal page.