[1.10.2] No Axe Cooldown?

Haydenman2

I got the axes working using the two-float method, but there's no cooldown for them, where you can't use them to attack for another second or two as with vanilla tools. I was wondering if there was some way to get my axes to have the same cooldown as vanilla axes?

EDIT: Also, specifically, what are the two floats for? One's for the damage, but what "speed" is the second float for?

Do you mean attackspeed? You could override getAttributeModifiers in your Item class

@Override
public Multimap<String, AttributeModifier> getAttributeModifiers(EntityEquipmentSlot equipmentSlot, ItemStack stack) {
    Multimap<String, AttributeModifier> multimap = super.getAttributeModifiers(equipmentSlot, stack)
    multimap.put(SharedMonsterAttributes.ATTACK_SPEED.getAttributeUnlocalizedName(), new AttributeModifier(ATTACK_SPEED_MODIFIER, "Tool modifier", attackSpeed, 0));
    return multimap;
}

Do you mean attackspeed? You could override getAttributeModifiers in your Item class

@Override
public Multimap<String, AttributeModifier> getAttributeModifiers(EntityEquipmentSlot equipmentSlot, ItemStack stack) {
    Multimap<String, AttributeModifier> multimap = super.getAttributeModifiers(equipmentSlot, stack)
    multimap.put(SharedMonsterAttributes.ATTACK_SPEED.getAttributeUnlocalizedName(), new AttributeModifier(ATTACK_SPEED_MODIFIER, "Tool modifier", attackSpeed, 0));
    return multimap;
}

Thanks for the suggestion but I figured out my problem. The float value is actually 4 above what it is in game. For everybody wondering, to get the default Diamond Axe attack speed of 1, you must put -3F into the second float.