Blockstate file for texture variants?

AnZaNaMa

I've been trying to troubleshoot this for forever but I can't figure out what's wrong. I've got a block with a PropertyEnum<EnumColor> and when I load up the game, I'm getting this:

[22:48:30] [Client thread/ERROR]: Exception loading model for variant everythinginbetween:bubbled_stone#color=lightorange for blockstate "everythinginbetween:bubbled_stone[color=lightorange]"
net.minecraftforge.client.model.ModelLoaderRegistry$LoaderException: Exception loading model everythinginbetween:bubbled_stone#color=lightorange with loader VariantLoader.INSTANCE, skipping
   at net.minecraftforge.client.model.ModelLoaderRegistry.getModel(ModelLoaderRegistry.java:153) ~[ModelLoaderRegistry.class:?]
   at net.minecraftforge.client.model.ModelLoader.registerVariant(ModelLoader.java:241) ~[ModelLoader.class:?]
   at net.minecraft.client.renderer.block.model.ModelBakery.loadBlock(ModelBakery.java:145) ~[ModelBakery.class:?]
   at net.minecraftforge.client.model.ModelLoader.loadBlocks(ModelLoader.java:229) ~[ModelLoader.class:?]
   at net.minecraftforge.client.model.ModelLoader.setupModelRegistry(ModelLoader.java:146) ~[ModelLoader.class:?]
   at net.minecraft.client.renderer.block.model.ModelManager.onResourceManagerReload(ModelManager.java:28) [ModelManager.class:?]
   at net.minecraft.client.resources.SimpleReloadableResourceManager.registerReloadListener(SimpleReloadableResourceManager.java:122) [simpleReloadableResourceManager.class:?]
   at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.startGame(Minecraft.java:540) [Minecraft.class:?]
   at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:386) [Minecraft.class:?]
   at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:118) [Main.class:?]
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
   at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
   at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
   at net.minecraftforge.gradle.GradleStartCommon.launch(GradleStartCommon.java:97) [start/:?]
   at GradleStart.main(GradleStart.java:26) [start/:?]
   at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:144) [idea_rt.jar:?]

I've registered the block and done the ModelLoader.setCustomModelResourceLocation() here, but I just get a block with the purple/black missing texture (I know the textures are in the right place btw, I'm getting a Model error, not a texture one).

Also, here is the blockstate and the full log

- Just because things are the way they are doesn't mean they can't be the way you want them to be. Unless they're aspen trees. You can tell they're aspens 'cause the way they are.

[22:48:30] [Client thread/ERROR]: Exception loading blockstate for the variant everythinginbetween:bubbled_stone#color=lightorange:

java.lang.Exception: Could not load model definition for variant everythinginbetween:bubbled_stone

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Encountered an exception when loading model definition of 'everythinginbetween:bubbled_stone' from: 'everythinginbetween:blockstates/bubbled_stone.json' in resourcepack: 'FMLFileResourcePack:Everything In Between'

Caused by: com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: com.google.gson.stream.MalformedJsonException: Expected name at line 96 column 6

Your blockstates file has a syntax error.

Edit: The error is in the blockstates file, not the block model as I originally said.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

Wow that was a simple fix... and thanks for the IDEA (pun intended) cause I never thought to install a plugin for JSON editing. I had just been using notepad... *facepalm*

- Just because things are the way they are doesn't mean they can't be the way you want them to be. Unless they're aspen trees. You can tell they're aspens 'cause the way they are.