Removeing Block and Tile Entity not working?

ScottehBoeh

I've created a block "campfire" that should remove itself after a certain amount of times (As explained in the code below). However. Upon being removed and set to air, the tile entity still exists invisibly and prevents the player from walking through that air block. (As if it didn't actually set the block to air).

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)

public void randomDisplayTick(World world, int x, int y, int z, Random random) {

++ticksExisted;

if (ticksExisted >= 100) {

world.removeTileEntity(x, y, z);

world.setBlockToAir(x, y, z);

world.notifyBlockChange(x, y, z, Blocks.air);

}

}

Could it be because its Client-side only? Should I create a new method that deletes the block instead of using randomDisplayTick?

This topic is now closed to further replies.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • Ok yeah I think this might be where the problem starts. For starters, I think you can get rid of your RecipeType impl and make it a static constant instead. I'm not 100% sure this will fix it but it's posssible. RuneInscribingRecipe public class RuneInscribingRecipe implements Recipe<SimpleContainer> { public static final RecipeType<RuneInscribingRecipe> RECIPE_TYPE = new RecipeType<>(){}; // .... @Override public RecipeType<?> getType() { return RECIPE_TYPE; } // .... } RuneInscriberMenu private Optional<RecipeHolder<RuneInscribingRecipe>> getCurrentRecipe() { SimpleContainer inventory = new SimpleContainer(2); inventory.setItem(BASE_INPUT_SLOT, this.inventory.getStackInSlot(BASE_INPUT_SLOT)); inventory.setItem(TEMPLATE_INPUT_SLOT, this.inventory.getStackInSlot(TEMPLATE_INPUT_SLOT)); List<RecipeHolder<RuneInscribingRecipe>> list = this.blockEntity.getLevel().getRecipeManager().getRecipesFor(RuneInscribingRecipe.RECIPE_TYPE, inventory, this.blockEntity.getLevel()); if (list.isEmpty()) { return Optional.empty(); } return Optional.of(list.get(0)); }   Also, this here is a little suspicious where you're getting the `this.inventory.getStackInSlot` calls. I'd try and make sure those are what you expect they are with either a Debug line in IDE or print statement SimpleContainer inventory = new SimpleContainer(2); inventory.setItem(BASE_INPUT_SLOT, this.inventory.getStackInSlot(BASE_INPUT_SLOT)); System.out.printf("CHECKING BASE INPUT OF RECIPE: %s\n", this.inventory.getStackInSlot(BASE_INPUT_SLOT)); inventory.setItem(TEMPLATE_INPUT_SLOT, this.inventory.getStackInSlot(TEMPLATE_INPUT_SLOT)); System.out.printf("CHECKING TEMPLATE INPUT OF RECIPE: %s\n", this.inventory.getStackInSlot(TEMPLATE_INPUT_SLOT)); ^ See what the result of those print statements are, make sure they're right
    • Upon testing again after adding them, the game still doesn't crash however the resource packs are still unfortunately broken.
    • Hi! Can someone please point me to the correct FAQ or place? I'm not able do DuckDuckGo myself out of this one. As you can hopefully see, chunks are not rendered. I run a forge server, fresh install on a linux VM. Curseforge on the Win11 client with Embeddium, Oculus and Unbound shader. No mods. Forge 47.2.23 on server & client.  No errors, no crashes, no apparent CPU or RAM issues with the VM. This screenshot was captured while creative, but the same happens when flying in survival. Waiting (floating) for a few minutes sooner or (often) later, lets the missing chunks appear. Usually takes 5-10 minutes.  When on a local game, the chunks appear slowly, but they do appear without pause.   This must be something simple, obvious, but I can't find the correct "search words" to find my way out. "Chunks not loading / rendering" didn't help. Browsing several forums neither. 
    • This is the Forge forums. We only support Forge here. Read the FAQ
    • 1.The game doesn't crash, everything seems normal, but when i insert the designated items into the block entity, the result item does not show up. 2.Yes, I'm using a custom menu, here's the source code:  
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.