[1.10.2]Animating blocks

KeeganDeathman

How would I go about animating a JSON block model, like a propeller spinning? I've found a few topics but none really specified how

You need to use an IBakedModel.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

I don't think I follow. Do you mean to use an IBakedModel to combine each "frame" model into one model and return the next one of them each tick?

Inhave not used them, but tgat does sound about right.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

Forge has an animation system for baked models in the

net.minecraftforge.client.model.animation

package, though there's not a lot of documentation on it.

Fry (a.k.a. RainWarrior) briefly described the purpose of each class in the commit that introduced the system. They've also documented the grammar of the Animation State Machine files here.

Forge has a test mod for the system here.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

There is actually a vanilla method of animating a json model..

Imagine you model 3 arms in the same model, next you got an texture for all the arms.. then,using vanilla animations to the texture you can make one arm show and others dont, then the other arm shows and the prev one disapears.. and then again the other shows and it looks as the arms is moving..

There is a whole map that uses that mechanic to make custom animals with walking animations....

I know its reeeeeaally complicated but its a diffrent way to do things...

Doing stuff n' things