1.10.2 How to do armor

NoVaGaming

Im just asking on the line of code for armor.

What are you talking about "line of code for armor"? Could you be more specific.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

This does not work anymore

package com.nova.aw.instances;

import net.minecraft.inventory.EntityEquipmentSlot;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemArmor;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemArmor.ArmorMaterial;

public class ItemAWArmor extends ItemArmor{

public ItemAWArmor(ArmorMaterial materialIn, int renderIndexIn, EntityEquipmentSlot equipmentSlotIn, String unlocalizedName) {
	super(materialIn, renderIndexIn, equipmentSlotIn);
this.setUnlocalizedName(unlocalizedName);

}
}

And this

Idk if this is right

public static ArmorMaterial iridiumArmorMaterial = EnumHelper.addArmorMaterial("iridiumArmorMaterial", "advancedweapons:iridium_armor", 50, new int[]{4,9,7,4}, 15, null, 5);

Are You Feeling it now Mr.Krabs?

GitHub

https://github.com/nuclearelectricity/Nuclear-Electricity

Define "does not work anymore".

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

iridium_helmate = new ItemAWArmor(iridiumArmorMaterial, 0, 0, "iridium_helmate");

If you mean this look at the constructor it tell you what you have done wrong.

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

I've just implemented a piece of armor here is the working code (in exception of the texture renderer that i'm still trying to figure it out)

Add this somewhere in your code

public static ItemArmor.ArmorMaterial cheaty_armor_material;

and this to create the armor material

cheaty_armor_material = EnumHelper.addArmorMaterial("cheaty_armor_material", "cheaty_armor_material",
                1000, new int[]{30, 60, 80, 30}, 0, SoundEvents.ITEM_ARMOR_EQUIP_DIAMOND, 20.0f);

And i'm using this as my legging class

package keg.examplemod.items.armor;

import keg.examplemod.init.TutorialItems;
import net.minecraft.entity.Entity;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemStack;

public class SuperCheatyLeggings extends ItemArmor {

public SuperCheatyLeggings() {
        super(TutorialItems.cheaty_armor_material, 0, EntityEquipmentSlot.LEGS);

this.setUnlocalizedName("super_cheaty_leggings");
        this.setRegistryName("super_cheaty_leggings");
    }

@Override
    public String getArmorTexture(ItemStack stack, Entity entity, EntityEquipmentSlot slot, String type) {
        // This part is not working yet
        // Here was some code that wasn't working
        return null;
    }
}

BTW if a have the getArmorTexture not overrided somehow minecraft is able to build the following material layer.

[21:22:10] [Client thread/WARN]: Failed to load texture: minecraft:textures/models/armor/cheaty_armor_material_layer_2.png
java.io.FileNotFoundException: minecraft:textures/models/armor/cheaty_armor_material_layer_2.png

I understend the problem is with the minecraft prefix on the .png file but i'm not shure how minecraft is able to build that path yet

BTW if a have the getArmorTexture not overrided somehow minecraft is able to build the following material layer.

[21:22:10] [Client thread/WARN]: Failed to load texture: minecraft:textures/models/armor/cheaty_armor_material_layer_2.png
java.io.FileNotFoundException: minecraft:textures/models/armor/cheaty_armor_material_layer_2.png

I understend the problem is with the minecraft prefix on the .png file but i'm not shure how minecraft is able to build that path yet

The ArmorMaterial takes in a second String this String is the name of the armors texture without _layer_0/1 at the end.

Hmm shure..let me rephrase it. Which method should i override to do somthing like this:

String generatedPath = super().substring(;
return Reference.MODID + generatedPath;

Are you asking how to point it to your modid path just insert your MODID then a :.

*Edit I meant in the ArmorMaterial String.

Ugh. Getting the super return, substringing it, and concatenating it....

It's almost like there'd be an easier way to do that.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Shure it is but at ItemArmor that isn't any implementation of getArmorTexture(...) and at Item it simplly returns a null which results in a NullPointerException

EDIT: i'll try to hard code it (the path) latter. it seens to be the way but it is awkward how the path is generated since i can't find it anywhere

Shure it is but at ItemArmor that isn't any implementation of getArmorTexture(...) and at Item it simplly returns a null which results in a NullPointerException

EDIT: i'll try to hard code it (the path) latter. it seens to be the way but it is awkward how the path is generated since i can't find it anywhere

Armor texture is handled in LayerArmorBase in which it references getArmorTexture(...) and the ArmorMaterial.

Do i just create a normal item for the armor?

Look at the constructor you are trying to use mainly the second int you pass in and look at what the constructor is looking for and

Define "does not work anymore".

Go look at what the super method does.

Do what the super method does, only use your own Mod ID instead of "minecraft."

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Thank you for the help but i've managed to figure out the issue. The problem was within my material definition.

addArmorMaterial(String name, String textureName, int durability, int[] reductionAmounts, int enchantability, SoundEvent soundOnEquip, float toughness)

at textureName i should had added MODID:texturename instead of only the texturename. It ended it up like this

cheaty_armor_material = EnumHelper.addArmorMaterial("cheaty_armor_material", Reference.MODID + ":cheaty_armor_material",
                1000, new int[]{30, 60, 80, 30}, 0, SoundEvents.ITEM_ARMOR_EQUIP_DIAMOND, 20.0f);

Source: *edit

[1] Animefan8888

[2] http://bedrockminer.jimdo.com/modding-tutorials/basic-modding-1-8/custom-armor/

Thank you for the help but i've managed to figure out the issue. The problem was within my material definition.

addArmorMaterial(String name, String textureName, int durability, int[] reductionAmounts, int enchantability, SoundEvent soundOnEquip, float toughness)

at textureName i should had added the MODID:texturename instead of only the texturename. It ended it up like this

cheaty_armor_material = EnumHelper.addArmorMaterial("cheaty_armor_material", Reference.MODID + ":cheaty_armor_material",

Source: http://bedrockminer.jimdo.com/modding-tutorials/basic-modding-1-8/custom-armor/

Are you asking how to point it to your modid path just insert your MODID then a :.

*Edit I meant in the ArmorMaterial String.

Hmmmmmm really then.

I think you need to set registry name. The registry name will contain your modid so that you don't need to add it yourself in those other places. You can call getRegistryName().toString instead.

The debugger is a powerful and necessary tool in any IDE, so learn how to use it. You'll be able to tell us more and get better help here if you investigate your runtime problems in the debugger before posting.

So you still didnt answer my question dude. Do i create a regular item for the actual armor?

The field ahould be of the type Item yes, but your class should extend ItemArmor.

I think i fu*ked up heres what i got

package com.nova.aw.init;

import com.nova.aw.instances.ItemAWArmor;

import net.minecraft.client.renderer.block.model.ModelResourceLocation;
import net.minecraft.init.SoundEvents;
import net.minecraft.item.Item;
import net.minecraftforge.client.model.ModelLoader;
import net.minecraftforge.common.util.EnumHelper;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry;

public class AWArmor {

public static ItemArmor.ArmorMaterial iridiumArmorMaterial;

public static ItemAWArmor iridium_helmate;

public static void init(){
	iridiumArmorMaterial = EnumHelper.addArmorMaterial("iridiumArmorMaterial", "iridiumArmorMaterial",
            1000, new int[]{4, 9, 8, 4}, 0, SoundEvents.ITEM_ARMOR_EQUIP_DIAMOND, 20.0f);
}

public static void registerRenders(){

}

public static void register(){

}

public static void registerRender(Item item){
	ModelLoader.setCustomModelResourceLocation(item, 0, new ModelResourceLocation(item.getRegistryName(), "inventory"));
}

}

package com.nova.aw.armor;

import com.nova.aw.init.AWArmor;

public class ArmorIridiumHelmate extends ItemArmor{

public ArmorIridiumHelmate() {
	super(AWArmor.iridiumArmorMaterial, 0, EntityEquipmentSlot.HEAD);

this.setUnlocalizedName("super_cheaty_leggings");
        this.setRegistryName("super_cheaty_leggings");

}

}

Are You Feeling it now Mr.Krabs?

GitHub

https://github.com/nuclearelectricity/Nuclear-Electricity

Well is it not working? If so probably, but this is what i meant

// Not this
public static ItemAWArmor iridium_helmate;
// This
public static Item IRIDIUM_HELMET;
// And yes that is how it is spelt.

Heres the error

at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:239)
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:217)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:142)
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Loader.preinitializeMods(Loader.java:607)
at net.minecraftforge.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:255)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.startGame(Minecraft.java:477)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:386)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:118)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
at net.minecraftforge.gradle.GradleStartCommon.launch(GradleStartCommon.java:97)
at GradleStart.main(GradleStart.java:26)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Thread: Client thread
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.registry.FMLControlledNamespacedRegistry.add(FMLControlledNamespacedRegistry.java:471)
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.registry.FMLControlledNamespacedRegistry.register(FMLControlledNamespacedRegistry.java:848)
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.registry.GameData.register_impl(GameData.java:254)
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry.register(GameRegistry.java:153)
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry.registerItem(GameRegistry.java:424)
at com.nova.aw.init.AWItems.register(AWItems.java:25)
at com.nova.aw.main.MainAW.preInit(MainAW.java:31)
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:597)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:239)
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:217)
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:142)
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Loader.preinitializeMods(Loader.java:607)
at net.minecraftforge.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:255)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.startGame(Minecraft.java:477)

-- Initialization --
Details:
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:386)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:118)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
at net.minecraftforge.gradle.GradleStartCommon.launch(GradleStartCommon.java:97)
at GradleStart.main(GradleStart.java:26)

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.10.2
Operating System: Windows 10 (amd64) version 10.0
Java Version: 1.8.0_102, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 780964616 bytes (744 MB) / 1037959168 bytes (989 MB) up to 1037959168 bytes (989 MB)
JVM Flags: 3 total; -Xincgc -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
FML: MCP 9.32 Powered by Forge 12.18.1.2066 4 mods loaded, 4 mods active
States: 'U' = Unloaded 'L' = Loaded 'C' = Constructed 'H' = Pre-initialized 'I' = Initialized 'J' = Post-initialized 'A' = Available 'D' = Disabled 'E' = Errored
UCH	mcp{9.19} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) 
UCH	FML{8.0.99.99} [Forge Mod Loader] (forgeSrc-1.10.2-12.18.1.2066.jar) 
UCH	Forge{12.18.1.2066} [Minecraft Forge] (forgeSrc-1.10.2-12.18.1.2066.jar) 
UCE	advancedweapons{1.0.0} [Advanced Wepons] (bin) 
Loaded coremods (and transformers): 
GL info: ' Vendor: 'Intel' Version: '4.4.0 - Build 20.19.15.4390' Renderer: 'Intel(R) HD Graphics 530'
Launched Version: 1.10.2
LWJGL: 2.9.4
OpenGL: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 GL version 4.4.0 - Build 20.19.15.4390, I

Heres my code

package com.nova.aw.init;

import com.nova.aw.instances.ItemAWArmor;

import net.minecraft.client.renderer.block.model.ModelResourceLocation;
import net.minecraft.init.SoundEvents;
import net.minecraft.item.Item;
import net.minecraftforge.client.model.ModelLoader;
import net.minecraftforge.common.util.EnumHelper;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry;

public class AWArmor {

public static ItemArmor.ArmorMaterial iridiumArmorMaterial;

public static Item armoriridiumhelmate;

public static void init(){
	iridiumArmorMaterial = EnumHelper.addArmorMaterial("iridiumArmorMaterial", "iridiumArmorMaterial",
            1000, new int[]{4, 9, 8, 4}, 0, SoundEvents.ITEM_ARMOR_EQUIP_DIAMOND, 20.0f);
	armoriridiumhelmate = new Item().setCreativeTab(AWTabs.awtabarmor).setMaxStackSize(64).setUnlocalizedName("iridium");
}

public static void registerRenders(){
registerRender(armoriridiumhelmate);

}

public static void register(){
	GameRegistry.registerItem(armoriridiumhelmate, armoriridiumhelmate.getUnlocalizedName().substring(5));
}

public static void registerRender(Item item){
	ModelLoader.setCustomModelResourceLocation(item, 0, new ModelResourceLocation(item.getRegistryName(), "inventory"));
}

}

package com.nova.aw.armor;

import com.nova.aw.init.AWArmor;

public class armoriridiumhelmate extends ItemArmor{

public armoriridiumhelmate() {
	super(AWArmor.iridiumArmorMaterial, 0, EntityEquipmentSlot.HEAD);

this.setUnlocalizedName("armoriridiumhelmate");
        this.setRegistryName("armoriridiumhelmate");

}