[1.10.2] Working with RF

American2050

Guys I have a question, I have never look into trying to produce/consume/hold energy into a mod before.

My problem/question is. How do mods in 1.9+ support RF if the API from the COFH Team is 2 years old and it wasn't updated (at least that I know of)

How would you handle RF, I don't know where to start.

Thanks a lot.

So... One question.

I have 2 TE, one that uses the Forge implementation of IEnergyStorage and anotherone that is using a COFH IEnergyHandler

On the one using the Forge Method I have canExtract and canReceive both set to true, but an EnderIO cable wont connect with my TE.

On the one using the COFH Method I have canConnectEnergy set to true an the cable does connect.

PS: I also have this 2 methods on the Forge one

@Override
public boolean hasCapability(Capability<?> capability, EnumFacing facing) {
	if(capability==CapabilityEnergy.ENERGY) return true;
	return false;
}

@Override
public <T> T getCapability(Capability<T> capability, EnumFacing facing) {
	// TODO Auto-generated method stub
	return (T)storage;
}

I guess I'm not registering something.

but an EnderIO cable wont connect with my TE

Does EnderIO use the Forge capability system?

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

but an EnderIO cable wont connect with my TE

Does EnderIO use the Forge capability system?

Probably no, I have seen that they still have the COFH API on their 1.10.2 version, so maybe that's the problem.

I will keep going the forge way and make my own cables and storage to get some practice. Or maybe add some mod to my dev environment that does use the Forge Capability System ;)

Anyone know of a good tutorial out there on all the code that needs to be considering when handling energy?

I'm confuse on how to work with this capabilities to be compatible with other mods.

Let's say I have a Solar Panel producing internal energy. Is it me that have to seach for other TE around me and send energy to them? Or they will try to extract energy from?

In any (or both) of the cases, is there a general guideline of things to consider when doing all this? I'm not sure how to start.