Is there a way to disable the Forge outputs on console?

American2050

Can: almost certainly yes, but using Reflection/ASM

Should: absolutely fucking not, hiding stack traces (and other info lines) that Forge produces is not kosher

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Should: absolutely fucking not, hiding stack traces (and other info lines) that Forge produces is not kosher

Wont those still be on the .log file? Or maybe a way to make them dissapear from Console, and make them only exist on the .log files for those that need it.

There's already a JMV run flag to set an output level.

I don't remember what it is, though.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

no hacks and ASM needed just edit the log4j confit

However console spam shouldn't be a issue for you so there is still no reason to.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

However console spam shouldn't be a issue for you so there is still no reason to.

Well, on a pack with close to 100 Mods it get's kinda messy all the information shown there. I know it's not a big issue, it's just something personal, I never liked that.

Gonna take a look on that about Log4J but I don't think that's something I can get working on a ModPack distribution right? That would be a way to reduce the console outputs just locally?

If mods put out useless information on the console that is something that should be talked about with the mod author.

I'm on that already, but it's a long journey, specially when a lot of the mods are still in Alpha or Beta stages. Having an option on Forge itself, would be usefull on this cases.

My idea is that a final user (Players of X ModPacks) don't really need that information showing on console, I understand it's handy for ModPack developers and in case of crashes, but I like the idea of the final players getting a cleaner interface and a cleaner console, and not a bunch of red lines that will make them think that the pack is loasing with bunch of errors and all that.

What I mean is things like this:

"ModX preInitializing!!"

"Registering Items!!"

Which duplicate what forge does already and which is especially annoying when they are posted on inappropriate logging level (e.g. INFO).

Yes for that stuff I already contacte a couple of mod developers. Thanksfully some of them agree that the spam was too much. Like PlaceMod outputing a line for every Schematic loaded on the pack (About 6500 Schematic) used to be on those days.

Now they cleaned the schematics a lot and also added config to disable that outout on the console.

Same with other mods developers showing information like "Config file created" or "found" and stuff like that (Mea culpa, I used to do the same on my mod as I forgot some of those lines from when developing the configs files)

You mean edit the configuration file directly in the Minecraft JAR in your workspace, right? That's what I had to do in the past when I changed the log level, and the pain with that was I had to update it every time I updated Forge. Or did they fix it so you can put your own log4j directly in your project?

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/