[SOLVED] [1.10.2] World.isRemote bug ?

DBLouis

Hi,

world.isRemote should be set to false in a single player game, right ? Because I'm having an issue here :

@SubscribeEvent
public void onWorldLoad(WorldEvent.Load event) {
World world = event.getWorld();

if (world.isRemote) {
	// Executed even in single player
}
}

Is it normal ?

Client side != Singleplayer!

In singleplayer there is still a server running, only accessible for you unless you open to LAN.

World#isRemote

is true on the

client

side (rendering side), and

false

on the server side (logical side).

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

You can only use that on the client side, as the

Minecraft

class is client-side only.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

This is different.

Some blocks can be deactivated from the config file. If they are, so are the associated recipes. If a dedicated server deactivate blocks, the connected client should also deactivate them, because if not, the recipes will still show, but the result cannot be obtain. This is ugly.

There might be other issues I'm not thinking about, but with this, the client is always configured the same way as a dedicated server, except for client only settings but there is only one for now.

It's tricky simply because there is no clean way to intercept that the integrated server has been opened to LAN. I searched for a few minutes and saw nothing: The IntegratedServer#shareToLAN method is called from the button or the command, but I didn't see any way to "register a listener" or something like that.

Like you said, it's simpler to always send it. The client can just ignore it.