Odd Missing Texture Error

Draco18s

[17:43:07] [Client thread/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]: +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
[17:43:07] [Client thread/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]: The following texture errors were found.
[17:43:07] [Client thread/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]: ==================================================
[17:43:07] [Client thread/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]:   DOMAIN minecraft
[17:43:07] [Client thread/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]: --------------------------------------------------
[17:43:07] [Client thread/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]:   domain minecraft is missing 1 texture
[17:43:07] [Client thread/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]:     domain minecraft has 3 locations:
[17:43:07] [Client thread/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]:       unknown resourcepack type net.minecraft.client.resources.DefaultResourcePack : Default
[17:43:07] [Client thread/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]:       mod FML resources at C:\Users\Major\.gradle\caches\minecraft\net\minecraftforge\forge\1.10.2-12.18.1.2094\snapshot\20160518\forgeSrc-1.10.2-12.18.1.2094.jar
[17:43:07] [Client thread/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]:       mod Forge resources at C:\Users\Major\.gradle\caches\minecraft\net\minecraftforge\forge\1.10.2-12.18.1.2094\snapshot\20160518\forgeSrc-1.10.2-12.18.1.2094.jar
[17:43:07] [Client thread/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]: -------------------------
[17:43:07] [Client thread/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]:     The missing resources for domain minecraft are:
[17:43:07] [Client thread/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]:       textures/blocks/saltblock.png
[17:43:07] [Client thread/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]: -------------------------
[17:43:07] [Client thread/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]:     No other errors exist for domain minecraft
[17:43:07] [Client thread/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]: ==================================================
[17:43:07] [Client thread/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]: +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

"saltblock" exists in exactly one place in my code and json files:

{
    "forge_marker": 1,
    "defaults": {
        "textures": {
            "all": "harderfarming:blocks/saltblock"
        },
        "model": "cube_all"
    },
    "variants": {
        "normal": [{

}],
        "inventory": [{

}]
    }
}

I've even commented out the whole mod to prevent it from loading and I still get the missing texture notification and no other errors are present.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

That is a weird error it looks like it is looking for "minecraft:blocks/saltBlock" and if you have commented out the whole mod then this error shouldn't be showing up...hmmm what a mystery.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

It's possible that your IDE is caching an older version of your compiled code. Try rebuilding the project (Build > Rebuild Project in IDEA) before running Minecraft again.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

It's possible that your IDE is caching an older version of your compiled code. Try rebuilding the project (Build > Rebuild Project in IDEA) before running Minecraft again.

Will that delete the bin folder? I've had issues with the bin folder retaining old code before.

IDEA clears the output directories when you run Rebuild Project, Eclipse probably does something similar.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

Eclipse's version is Project -> Clean, I believe.  That was insufficient (I still got the error).

Lets try manually deleted everything in /bin, /build, and /run.... yep that did it.

What was weird was that it WAS using the current files (I could make changes and see them reflected when running), but kept insisting there was a problem.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

Edit, ok, the missing texture is back AND several other blocks now have missing models and no errors.

WTF.

*Compares with Git repo*

Well I can now solve both problems.  Despite having searched the entire project for "saltblock" and not finding it, it was buried over in the model used by the blocks that were broken. :|

That highlights the main reason that I HATE this new-fanged json scheme. Brokenness is not detected or traced by our IDE (Eclipse for most of us). Our most powerful tool knows neither syntax nor semantics of these opaque text files. For us old Fortran coders, it's much like returning to the 1970's.

I understand why Mojang wanted to "bake" models, but they could have used a callback method in Block and Item rather than pushing so much fragile code into the purgatory that is JSON. Imagine if each state to be baked could call a function, pass the BS, and get back an object to be baked. Our mods could then use all of Java's power to concatenate, consolidate etc. Cartesian products would never have happened. Errors would all have been in Java.

Life would have been so much simpler.

The debugger is a powerful and necessary tool in any IDE, so learn how to use it. You'll be able to tell us more and get better help here if you investigate your runtime problems in the debugger before posting.

That highlights the main reason that I HATE this new-fanged json scheme.

Indeed