Portal Gun complete Crash!

Steaky42

Hey guys,

okay, here is my problem:

I have installed Direwolf20's mods + More Pistons. I'm using the ForgeML #135 AND ModLoader.

When I try to open or close a portal, there is a chance that my Minecraft COMPLETELY crashes, so no ModLoader Error Screen, it just closes.

I'm using MultiMC, so I read the logs. Here is a the important part of it:

#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x0000000000000000, pid=7800, tid=9740
#
# JRE version: 6.0_30-b12# Java VM: Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (20.5-b03 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C  0x0000000000000000
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\MultiMC\hs_err_pid7800.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit
#   [url="http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp"]http://java.sun.com/...eport/crash.jsp[/url]
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug
#
AL lib: ReleaseALC: 1 device not closed
Instance exited with code: 1
Crash detected!

I have Java 7 Update 5 installed, the newest version of Portal Gun & Forge, my graphics card driver is up-to-date (AMD HD Radeon 6870).

I hope you have a clue because I don't and the people on the forum thread of Portal Gun don't have a clue either.

How about posting the proper error log like it says in the message you pasted? {I know crazy concept, actually reading the error}

Anyways, PortalMod is notorious for crashing clients because it does some advanced things with the graphics.

Nothing in Forge should cause the graphics to mess up. Try disabling all the advanced stuff for portalmod.

Beyond that, we can't help you, you'd have to go to them.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon