Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[1.10.2] Get currently held items attack damage

GodsVictory

That's likely because the client doesn't need to know that crap.

Also, jesus christ, why are you using the FMLClientHandler rather than Minecraft.getMinecraft()?

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

That looks like it would return the damage of the PlayerEntity which fists are weak, and would assume 1.0f damage to be correct for a player to do.

Try getting

Player.Inventory.HeldItem();

and checking the damage of the ITEM rather the PLAYER however most "damage" comes from the material the ITEM is made from.

It doesn't seem like items carry a damage value.

...however most "damage" comes from the material the ITEM is made from.

From ItemSword base class:

public float getDamageVsEntity()
    {
        return this.material.getDamageVsEntity();
    }

Also previously known as eAndPi.

"Pi, is there a station coming up where we can board your train of thought?" -Kronnn

Published Mods: Underworld

Handy links: Vic_'s Forge events Own WIP Tutorials.

Not 100% sure if this will work, but here is something you could try:

double damage = 0;
for (AttributeModifier modifier : player.getHeldItemMainhand().getAttributeModifiers(EntityEquipmentSlot.MAINHAND).get(SharedMonsterAttributes.ATTACK_DAMAGE.getAttributeUnlocalizedName()))
{
damage += modifier.getAmount();
}

Not every

AttributeModifier

adds a flat amount to the attribute's value, so you can't just sum the value of each modifier to get the total attack damage. Operations 1 and 2 multiply the value by some amount rather than adding a flat value.

To calculate the actual attack damage provided by an item, use the attribute system:

• Create an
    AttributeMap

• Call
    AttributeMap#registerAttribute

with

SharedMonsterAttributes.ATTACK_DAMAGE

• Store the resulting
    IAttributeInstance

and set its base value to 1.0 (the same base value used by players)

When you want to calculate the attack damage:

• Remove all existing modifiers from the attribute instance (
    IAttributeInstance#removeModifier

)

• Apply the current item's modifiers (
    IAttributeInstance#applyModifier

)

• Get the value (
    IAttributeInstance#getAttributeValue

)

Since modifiers can be multiplicative, you may want to include the modifiers provided by the player's other items. A sword that adds 8 attack damage will be better than a sword that adds 50% attack damage if the player's other items add less than 16 attack damage or worse if the player's other items add more than 16 attack damage.

I have an example of a similar use of the attribute system here. I copy modifiers from an entity's

SharedMonsterAttributes.MAX_HEALTH

IAttributeInstance

to my own

IAttributeInstance

and adjust the value of a modifier to ensure the entity's max health is at least 2.0.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

Not every

AttributeModifier

adds a flat amount to the attribute's value, so you can't just sum the value of each modifier to get the total attack damage. Operations 1 and 2 multiply the value by some amount rather than adding a flat value.

To calculate the actual attack damage provided by an item, use the attribute system:

• Create an
    AttributeMap

• Call
    AttributeMap#registerAttribute

with

SharedMonsterAttributes.ATTACK_DAMAGE

• Store the resulting
    IAttributeInstance

and set its base value to 1.0 (the same base value used by players)

When you want to calculate the attack damage:

• Remove all existing modifiers from the attribute instance (
    IAttributeInstance#removeModifier

)

• Apply the current item's modifiers (
    IAttributeInstance#applyModifier

)

• Get the value (
    IAttributeInstance#getAttributeValue

)

Since modifiers can be multiplicative, you may want to include the modifiers provided by the player's other items. A sword that adds 8 attack damage will be better than a sword that adds 50% attack damage if the player's other items add less than 16 attack damage or worse if the player's other items add more than 16 attack damage.

I have an example of a similar use of the attribute system here. I copy modifiers from an entity's

SharedMonsterAttributes.MAX_HEALTH

IAttributeInstance

to my own

IAttributeInstance

and adjust the value of a modifier to ensure the entity's max health is at least 2.0.

Does this look right:

IAttributeInstance damage = new AttributeMap().registerAttribute(SharedMonsterAttributes.ATTACK_DAMAGE);
if (itemStack != null)
for (AttributeModifier modifier : mc.thePlayer.getHeldItemMainhand().getAttributeModifiers(EntityEquipmentSlot.MAINHAND).get(SharedMonsterAttributes.ATTACK_DAMAGE.getAttributeUnlocalizedName()))
	damage.applyModifier(modifier);

Does this look right:

IAttributeInstance damage = new AttributeMap().registerAttribute(SharedMonsterAttributes.ATTACK_DAMAGE);
if (itemStack != null)
for (AttributeModifier modifier : mc.thePlayer.getHeldItemMainhand().getAttributeModifiers(EntityEquipmentSlot.MAINHAND).get(SharedMonsterAttributes.ATTACK_DAMAGE.getAttributeUnlocalizedName()))
	damage.applyModifier(modifier);

That looks correct apart from the fact that you're using

Minecraft#thePlayer

Minecraft

is a client-only class and can't be used in common code.

If this code is meant to run on the server, you need to figure out which player you're running it for. If it's only meant to run on the client, using the client player is acceptable.

Actually, that doesn't properly calculate bonus damage from things like bane of arthropods. I'm not exactly sure how to do this...

Use

EnchantmentHelper.getModifierForCreature

to get the bonus damage against a specific

EnumCreatureAttribute

provided by the player's held item.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• hi, im here againt because i need something, the all my overlays are 256x256, even those from some overlay tutorials, but i've seen some people that uses overlays of 1920x1080 and i tried but it kind of duplicate (my overlays of 256x256 works)   (1920x1080) this is how it should look: https://imgur.com/a/p8pXEzn and this is how IT LOOKS: https://imgur.com/a/4F35AAP mc.getTextureManager().bindTexture(textureLocation); //gui.drawTexturedModalRect(x, y, imageOffsetX, imageOffsetY, imageSizeX, imageSizeY,zLevel); gui.drawTexturedModalRect(x, y, 0, 0, 1920, 1080,100); mc.getTextureManager().bindTexture(AbstractGui.GUI_ICONS_LOCATION);  
    • Piston Block: public class HoneyStickyPistonBlock extends PistonBlock { private final boolean isSticky; public HoneyStickyPistonBlock(boolean sticky, Properties properties) { super(sticky, properties); this.setDefaultState(this.stateContainer.getBaseState().with(FACING, Direction.NORTH).with(EXTENDED, Boolean.valueOf(false))); this.isSticky = sticky; } @Override //Nothing edited, put in for checkformove() public void onBlockPlacedBy(World worldIn, BlockPos pos, BlockState state, LivingEntity placer, ItemStack stack) { if (!worldIn.isRemote) { this.checkForMove(worldIn, pos, state); } } @Override //Nothing edited, put in for checkformove() public void neighborChanged(BlockState state, World worldIn, BlockPos pos, Block blockIn, BlockPos fromPos, boolean isMoving) { if (!worldIn.isRemote) { this.checkForMove(worldIn, pos, state); } } @Override //Nothing edited, put in for checkformove() public void onBlockAdded(BlockState state, World worldIn, BlockPos pos, BlockState oldState, boolean isMoving) { if (!oldState.isIn(state.getBlock())) { if (!worldIn.isRemote && worldIn.getTileEntity(pos) == null) { this.checkForMove(worldIn, pos, state); } } } @Override //Nothing edited, may not be necessary public BlockState getStateForPlacement(BlockItemUseContext context) { return this.getDefaultState().with(FACING, context.getNearestLookingDirection().getOpposite()).with(EXTENDED, Boolean.valueOf(false)); } private void checkForMove(World worldIn, BlockPos pos, BlockState state) { Direction direction = state.get(FACING); boolean flag = this.shouldBeExtended(worldIn, pos, direction); if (flag && !state.get(EXTENDED)) { if ((new PistonBlockStructureHelper(worldIn, pos, direction, true)).canMove()) { worldIn.addBlockEvent(pos, this, 0, direction.getIndex()); } } else if (!flag && state.get(EXTENDED)) { BlockPos blockpos = pos.offset(direction, 2); BlockState blockstate = worldIn.getBlockState(blockpos); int i = 1; if (blockstate.isIn(Blocks.MOVING_PISTON) && blockstate.get(FACING) == direction) { TileEntity tileentity = worldIn.getTileEntity(blockpos); if (tileentity instanceof HoneyStickyPistonTileEntity) { HoneyStickyPistonTileEntity pistontileentity = (HoneyStickyPistonTileEntity)tileentity; if (pistontileentity.isExtending() && (pistontileentity.getProgress(0.0F) < 0.5F || worldIn.getGameTime() == pistontileentity.getLastTicked() || ((ServerWorld)worldIn).isInsideTick())) { i = 2; } } } worldIn.addBlockEvent(pos, this, i, direction.getIndex()); } } private boolean shouldBeExtended(World worldIn, BlockPos pos, Direction facing) { for(Direction direction : Direction.values()) { if (direction != facing && worldIn.isSidePowered(pos.offset(direction), direction)) { return true; } } if (worldIn.isSidePowered(pos, Direction.DOWN)) { return true; } else { BlockPos blockpos = pos.up(); for(Direction direction1 : Direction.values()) { if (direction1 != Direction.DOWN && worldIn.isSidePowered(blockpos.offset(direction1), direction1)) { return true; } } return false; } } @Override @Deprecated public boolean eventReceived(BlockState state, World worldIn, BlockPos pos, int id, int param) { Direction direction = state.get(FACING); if (!worldIn.isRemote) { boolean flag = this.shouldBeExtended(worldIn, pos, direction); if (flag && (id == 1 || id == 2)) { worldIn.setBlockState(pos, state.with(EXTENDED, Boolean.valueOf(true)), 2); return false; } if (!flag && id == 0) { return false; } } if (id == 0) { if (net.minecraftforge.event.ForgeEventFactory.onPistonMovePre(worldIn, pos, direction, true)) return false; if (!this.doMove(worldIn, pos, direction, true)) { return false; } worldIn.setBlockState(pos, state.with(EXTENDED, Boolean.valueOf(true)), 67); worldIn.playSound((PlayerEntity)null, pos, SoundEvents.BLOCK_PISTON_EXTEND, SoundCategory.BLOCKS, 0.5F, worldIn.rand.nextFloat() * 0.25F + 0.6F); } else if (id == 1 || id == 2) { if (net.minecraftforge.event.ForgeEventFactory.onPistonMovePre(worldIn, pos, direction, false)) return false; TileEntity tileentity1 = worldIn.getTileEntity(pos.offset(direction)); if (tileentity1 instanceof HoneyStickyPistonTileEntity) { ((HoneyStickyPistonTileEntity)tileentity1).clearPistonTileEntity(); } BlockState blockstate = Blocks.MOVING_PISTON.getDefaultState().with(MovingPistonBlock.FACING, direction).with(MovingPistonBlock.TYPE, PistonType.STICKY); worldIn.setBlockState(pos, blockstate, 20); worldIn.setTileEntity(pos, new HoneyStickyPistonTileEntity(this.getDefaultState().with(FACING, Direction.byIndex(param & 7)), direction, false, true)); worldIn.func_230547_a_(pos, blockstate.getBlock()); blockstate.updateNeighbours(worldIn, pos, 2); if (this.isSticky) { BlockPos blockpos = pos.add(direction.getXOffset() * 2, direction.getYOffset() * 2, direction.getZOffset() * 2); BlockState blockstate1 = worldIn.getBlockState(blockpos); boolean flag1 = false; if (blockstate1.isIn(Blocks.MOVING_PISTON)) { TileEntity tileentity = worldIn.getTileEntity(blockpos); if (tileentity instanceof HoneyStickyPistonTileEntity) { HoneyStickyPistonTileEntity pistontileentity = (HoneyStickyPistonTileEntity)tileentity; if (pistontileentity.getFacing() == direction && pistontileentity.isExtending()) { pistontileentity.clearPistonTileEntity(); flag1 = true; } } } if (!flag1) { if (id != 1 || blockstate1.isAir() || !canPush(blockstate1, worldIn, blockpos, direction.getOpposite(), false, direction) || blockstate1.getPushReaction() != PushReaction.NORMAL && !blockstate1.isIn(BlockInit.HONEY_STICKY_PISTON.get())) { worldIn.removeBlock(pos.offset(direction), false); } else { this.doMove(worldIn, pos, direction, false); } } } else { worldIn.removeBlock(pos.offset(direction), false); } worldIn.playSound((PlayerEntity)null, pos, SoundEvents.BLOCK_PISTON_CONTRACT, SoundCategory.BLOCKS, 0.5F, worldIn.rand.nextFloat() * 0.15F + 0.6F); } net.minecraftforge.event.ForgeEventFactory.onPistonMovePost(worldIn, pos, direction, (id == 0)); return true; } //Static method weirdness? might need to remove because it's not polymorphic public static boolean canPush(BlockState blockStateIn, World worldIn, BlockPos pos, Direction facing, boolean destroyBlocks, Direction direction) { if (pos.getY() >= 0 && pos.getY() <= worldIn.getHeight() - 1 && worldIn.getWorldBorder().contains(pos)) { if (blockStateIn.isAir()) { return true; } else if (!blockStateIn.isIn(Blocks.OBSIDIAN) && !blockStateIn.isIn(Blocks.CRYING_OBSIDIAN) && !blockStateIn.isIn(Blocks.RESPAWN_ANCHOR)) { if (facing == Direction.DOWN && pos.getY() == 0) { return false; } else if (facing == Direction.UP && pos.getY() == worldIn.getHeight() - 1) { return false; } else { if (!blockStateIn.isIn(Blocks.PISTON) && !blockStateIn.isIn(Blocks.STICKY_PISTON) && !blockStateIn.isIn(BlockInit.HONEY_STICKY_PISTON.get())) { if (blockStateIn.getBlockHardness(worldIn, pos) == -1.0F) { return false; } switch(blockStateIn.getPushReaction()) { case BLOCK: return false; case DESTROY: return destroyBlocks; case PUSH_ONLY: return facing == direction; } } else if (blockStateIn.get(EXTENDED)) { return false; } return !blockStateIn.hasTileEntity(); } } else { return false; } } else { return false; } } private boolean doMove(World worldIn, BlockPos pos, Direction directionIn, boolean extending) { BlockPos blockpos = pos.offset(directionIn); if (!extending && worldIn.getBlockState(blockpos).isIn(BlockInit.HONEY_STICKY_PISTON_HEAD.get())) { worldIn.setBlockState(blockpos, Blocks.AIR.getDefaultState(), 20); } PistonBlockStructureHelper pistonblockstructurehelper = new PistonBlockStructureHelper(worldIn, pos, directionIn, extending); if (!pistonblockstructurehelper.canMove()) { return false; } else { Map<BlockPos, BlockState> map = Maps.newHashMap(); List<BlockPos> list = pistonblockstructurehelper.getBlocksToMove(); List<BlockState> list1 = Lists.newArrayList(); for(int i = 0; i < list.size(); ++i) { BlockPos blockpos1 = list.get(i); BlockState blockstate = worldIn.getBlockState(blockpos1); list1.add(blockstate); map.put(blockpos1, blockstate); } List<BlockPos> list2 = pistonblockstructurehelper.getBlocksToDestroy(); BlockState[] ablockstate = new BlockState[list.size() + list2.size()]; Direction direction = extending ? directionIn : directionIn.getOpposite(); int j = 0; for(int k = list2.size() - 1; k >= 0; --k) { BlockPos blockpos2 = list2.get(k); BlockState blockstate1 = worldIn.getBlockState(blockpos2); TileEntity tileentity = blockstate1.hasTileEntity() ? worldIn.getTileEntity(blockpos2) : null; spawnDrops(blockstate1, worldIn, blockpos2, tileentity); worldIn.setBlockState(blockpos2, Blocks.AIR.getDefaultState(), 18); ablockstate[j++] = blockstate1; } for(int l = list.size() - 1; l >= 0; --l) { BlockPos blockpos3 = list.get(l); BlockState blockstate5 = worldIn.getBlockState(blockpos3); blockpos3 = blockpos3.offset(direction); map.remove(blockpos3); worldIn.setBlockState(blockpos3, Blocks.MOVING_PISTON.getDefaultState().with(FACING, directionIn), 68); worldIn.setTileEntity(blockpos3, new HoneyStickyPistonTileEntity(list1.get(l), directionIn, extending, false)); ablockstate[j++] = blockstate5; } if (extending) { PistonType pistontype = PistonType.STICKY; BlockState blockstate4 = BlockInit.HONEY_STICKY_PISTON_HEAD.get().getDefaultState().with(HoneyStickyPistonHeadBlock.FACING, directionIn).with(HoneyStickyPistonHeadBlock.TYPE, pistontype); BlockState blockstate6 = Blocks.MOVING_PISTON.getDefaultState().with(MovingPistonBlock.FACING, directionIn).with(MovingPistonBlock.TYPE, PistonType.STICKY); map.remove(blockpos); worldIn.setBlockState(blockpos, blockstate6, 68); worldIn.setTileEntity(blockpos, new HoneyStickyPistonTileEntity(blockstate4, directionIn, true, true)); } BlockState blockstate3 = Blocks.AIR.getDefaultState(); for(BlockPos blockpos4 : map.keySet()) { worldIn.setBlockState(blockpos4, blockstate3, 82); } for(Entry<BlockPos, BlockState> entry : map.entrySet()) { BlockPos blockpos5 = entry.getKey(); BlockState blockstate2 = entry.getValue(); blockstate2.updateDiagonalNeighbors(worldIn, blockpos5, 2); blockstate3.updateNeighbours(worldIn, blockpos5, 2); blockstate3.updateDiagonalNeighbors(worldIn, blockpos5, 2); } j = 0; for(int i1 = list2.size() - 1; i1 >= 0; --i1) { BlockState blockstate7 = ablockstate[j++]; BlockPos blockpos6 = list2.get(i1); blockstate7.updateDiagonalNeighbors(worldIn, blockpos6, 2); worldIn.notifyNeighborsOfStateChange(blockpos6, blockstate7.getBlock()); } for(int j1 = list.size() - 1; j1 >= 0; --j1) { worldIn.notifyNeighborsOfStateChange(list.get(j1), ablockstate[j++].getBlock()); } if (extending) { worldIn.notifyNeighborsOfStateChange(blockpos, BlockInit.HONEY_STICKY_PISTON_HEAD.get()); } return true; } } @Override public PushReaction getPushReaction(BlockState state) { return PushReaction.NORMAL; } } Piston Head Block: public class HoneyStickyPistonHeadBlock extends PistonHeadBlock{ private static final VoxelShape[] EXTENDED_SHAPES = getShapesForExtension(true); private static final VoxelShape[] UNEXTENDED_SHAPES = getShapesForExtension(false); private static VoxelShape[] getShapesForExtension(boolean extended) { return Arrays.stream(Direction.values()).map((direction) -> { return getShapeForDirection(direction, extended); }).toArray((id) -> { return new VoxelShape[id]; }); } private static VoxelShape getShapeForDirection(Direction direction, boolean shortArm) { switch(direction) { case DOWN: default: return VoxelShapes.or(PISTON_EXTENSION_DOWN_AABB, shortArm ? SHORT_DOWN_ARM_AABB : DOWN_ARM_AABB); case UP: return VoxelShapes.or(PISTON_EXTENSION_UP_AABB, shortArm ? SHORT_UP_ARM_AABB : UP_ARM_AABB); case NORTH: return VoxelShapes.or(PISTON_EXTENSION_NORTH_AABB, shortArm ? SHORT_NORTH_ARM_AABB : NORTH_ARM_AABB); case SOUTH: return VoxelShapes.or(PISTON_EXTENSION_SOUTH_AABB, shortArm ? SHORT_SOUTH_ARM_AABB : SOUTH_ARM_AABB); case WEST: return VoxelShapes.or(PISTON_EXTENSION_WEST_AABB, shortArm ? SHORT_WEST_ARM_AABB : WEST_ARM_AABB); case EAST: return VoxelShapes.or(PISTON_EXTENSION_EAST_AABB, shortArm ? SHORT_EAST_ARM_AABB : EAST_ARM_AABB); } } public HoneyStickyPistonHeadBlock(AbstractBlock.Properties properties) { super(properties); this.setDefaultState(this.stateContainer.getBaseState().with(FACING, Direction.NORTH).with(TYPE, PistonType.STICKY).with(SHORT, Boolean.valueOf(false))); } @Override //Nothing changed, may not be necessary public VoxelShape getShape(BlockState state, IBlockReader worldIn, BlockPos pos, ISelectionContext context) { return (state.get(SHORT) ? EXTENDED_SHAPES : UNEXTENDED_SHAPES)[state.get(FACING).ordinal()]; } private boolean isExtended(BlockState baseState, BlockState extendedState) { return extendedState.isIn(BlockInit.HONEY_STICKY_PISTON.get()) && extendedState.get(HoneyStickyPistonBlock.EXTENDED) && extendedState.get(FACING) == baseState.get(FACING); } @Override //Nothing changed, may not be necessary public void onBlockHarvested(World worldIn, BlockPos pos, BlockState state, PlayerEntity player) { if (!worldIn.isRemote && player.abilities.isCreativeMode) { BlockPos blockpos = pos.offset(state.get(FACING).getOpposite()); if (this.isExtended(state, worldIn.getBlockState(blockpos))) { worldIn.destroyBlock(blockpos, false); } } super.onBlockHarvested(worldIn, pos, state, player); } @Override //Nothing changed, may not be necessary public boolean isValidPosition(BlockState state, IWorldReader worldIn, BlockPos pos) { BlockState blockstate = worldIn.getBlockState(pos.offset(state.get(FACING).getOpposite())); return this.isExtended(state, blockstate) || blockstate.isIn(Blocks.MOVING_PISTON) && blockstate.get(FACING) == state.get(FACING); } @Override public ItemStack getItem(IBlockReader worldIn, BlockPos pos, BlockState state) { return new ItemStack(BlockInit.HONEY_STICKY_PISTON.get()); } }  
    • ive been trying to install forge 1.18.1 for 2 days now and with no success and i want to ask can some one upload their .minecraft folder with installed forge 1.18.1 ?
    • Hi, I am trying to implement "stun" mob effect which would prevent living entity to move or attack. For prevention of attack I have used LivingAttackEvent like this:   @SubscribeEvent public static void onAttacked(final LivingAttackEvent event) { // Get source of the damage. DamageSource damageSource = event.getSource(); // Get reference to entity that caused the damage. Entity entity = damageSource.getEntity(); // IF: Entity is not alive. if (!(entity instanceof LivingEntity)) { return; } // Cast entity to mob. LivingEntity mob = (LivingEntity)entity; // Get reference to level where entity is living. Level level = entity.getLevel(); // IF: Code is executing on the client side. if (level.isClientSide()) { return; } // IF: Mob does not have stunned effect applied. if(!mob.hasEffect(PlayerMobEffects.STUNNED.get())){ return; } // Cancel the event - prevent mob from doing anything. event.setCanceled(true); } However this does not work as expected as mob still makes the attack but damage is not done so it does not really look like a stun - it's more like its damage is reduced to 0. I have managed to totally block mob by canceling LivingUpdateEvent - but that has other side effects as living entity is not updated with anything - can't be damaged, can't be hit/burn by sun - basically it becomes immortal. I have also tried with LivingSetAttackTargetEvent but this event can't be canceled. Is there a way to just stop entity from making an attack? Same question regarding the movement - is there a way to stop living entity from moving? Thanks!
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.