How Do I Use Custom Reddust Particle Colors For Something?

gurujive

I know that by some way or another you can change the coloring of the reddust particle.

Demonstrated here to make "working christmas lights"

http://www.theredengineer.com/working-christmas-lights.html

How does this work? Can I use it when applying particles to something?

What Would I need to do in order for it to change colors when applying a particle to my entity?

The reddust particles, are a bit special, in that instead of a standard velocity in all axii, the 5th, 6th & 7th arguments in the

World#spawnParticle

are used to define the particle's colours.

Of course, there is some randomness to the colours, but summoning a particle with

xpos, ypos, zpos, 1,0,0

would make it red. Switching the colours out for 0,1,0 would turn it green, 0,1,1 would be yellow, and so forth.

Also previously known as eAndPi.

"Pi, is there a station coming up where we can board your train of thought?" -Kronnn

Published Mods: Underworld

Handy links: Vic_'s Forge events Own WIP Tutorials.

The reddust particles, are a bit special, in that instead of a standard velocity in all axii, the 5th, 6th & 7th arguments in the

World#spawnParticle

are used to define the particle's colours.

Of course, there is some randomness to the colours, but summoning a particle with

xpos, ypos, zpos, 1,0,0

would make it red. Switching the colours out for 0,1,0 would turn it green, 0,1,1 would be yellow, and so forth.

Is yellow usually invisible and where do I go to find out which color is which? .... Like how do I convert it like that.

-light grey and white.

this.worldObj.spawnParticle(EnumParticleTypes.REDSTONE, posX + (worldObj.rand.nextFloat() - worldObj.rand.nextFloat()) / 2, posY + (worldObj.rand.nextFloat() / -2 - worldObj.rand.nextFloat()) / -1, posZ + (worldObj.rand.nextFloat() - worldObj.rand.nextFloat()) / -1, 1, 1, 1);

-grey and light blue

-1, -1, 1, 1

holy crap... I'm so terrible at this.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

The system it uses to determine colour, is called RGB... One of the most well-known colour-schemes there is....

You can use this website to determine the RGB-values of colours, and even hex if you ever need that instead: http://htmlcolorcodes.com/

You can use any value between 0-1 as far as I know.

Yellow is not "invisible"

[spoiler=As seen here]

DHIfNRU.png

Spoiler also shows how much the colour can shift due to the randomness. I would recommend that you create your own copy of the ParticleRedstone and remove the randomness, for exact colours.

The screenshot in the image used 0-1-1 (which is also not yellow as I said, and Draco pointed out, but cyan/teal. Yellow would be 1-1-0. It's hard to keep track on pure numbers)

Also previously known as eAndPi.

"Pi, is there a station coming up where we can board your train of thought?" -Kronnn

Published Mods: Underworld

Handy links: Vic_'s Forge events Own WIP Tutorials.

Yellow is yellow that's why they call it that goofball

Your computer screen does not contain yellow pixels. It contains RED pixels, GREEN pixels, and BLUE pixels.

In order to display yellow it turns on both the RED and the GREEN pixels.  Hence:

I am now muting all of your posts because you're a bloody idiot.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

Yellow is yellow that's why they call it that goofball

Your computer screen does not contain yellow pixels. It contains RED pixels, GREEN pixels, and BLUE pixels.

In order to display yellow it turns on both the RED and the GREEN pixels.  Hence:

I am now muting all of your posts because you're a bloody idiot.

Right on brother, do what makes you happy. Aint my fault you don't have a sense of humor :P

I found solid green! :D

-2, -1, 1, 0

Oh jesus christ.

First, the color arguments are only 3 values, not 4.  The -2 there is not part of your color values.  It's part of your "position Z" argument.

Second, -1 and 0 are functionally identical.  Color values range from 0 to 1 as a floating point number and are clamped to this range.

Third, you didn't "find" green.  You threw random numbers at it until green occurred which everyone else here could have told you (and did, actually) that green is 0, 1, 0.

Switching the colours out for 0,1,0 would turn it green

I found solid green! :D

-2, -1, 1, 0

Oh jesus christ.

First, the color arguments are only 3 values, not 4.  The -2 there is not part of your color values.  It's part of your "position Z" argument.

Second, -1 and 0 are functionally identical.  Color values range from 0 to 1 as a floating point number and are clamped to this range.

Third, you didn't "find" green.  You threw random numbers at it until green occurred which everyone else here could have told you (and did, actually) that green is 0, 1, 0.

Switching the colours out for 0,1,0 would turn it green

double, double, double, double, double, double, int. int = 0

-4, 0, 1, 0 is yellow.

Just ran:

0, 1, 0, 0

and it shows up as no particle at all. (invisible)

-1, -1, 1, 1 will give me blue

-1, -1, 1, 0 will give me a green as well.

So yeah... Where's the documentation on this?

double, double, double, double, double, double, int. int = 0

-4, 0, 1, 0 is yellow.

Just ran:

0, 1, 0, 0

and it shows up as no particle at all. (invisible)

#1: You're wrong, it's 3 values, not four.

Capture.png

#2: No integers are present, see #1: you're wrong, its 3 values not 4.

color.png

#3: 1, 1, 0 is not invisible, it is yellow:

yellow.png

Ergo yes, you're an idiot.  The reason it isn't showing up has nothing to do with the color values, but the fact that you're moving them around by manipulating the Z position.

You know everything I suppose. Something wrong with you man...

As you've been told 3 times, MC uses RGB as its color system. The color values range from 0.0 to 1.0, yellow would be 1.0, 1.0, 0. There is no fourth colour parameter. Your "yellow" is invisible because you are spawning it somewhere on the plane z=0, out of render distance.

You know everything I suppose. Something wrong with you man...

As you've been told 3 times, MC uses RGB as its color system. The color values range from 0.0 to 1.0, yellow would be 1.0, 1.0, 0. There is no fourth colour parameter. Your "yellow" is invisible because you are spawning it somewhere on the plane z=0, out of render distance.

regardless, there is no reason to slander anyone, and there's not anything that constitutes being a prick.

This is the "modder harassment" forum I guess. Either way, its not nice, and its not normal. I hope this whole topic is deleted as it is degradation. (the exact opposite of support)

It is not slander to correct you when you are wrong.

Just because you can't accept the corrections and fly off the handle is no reason to report the thread for slander.

Either way I will lock this thread move on with your life.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon