[1.8.8] How to render a block with a TESR by using the IBakedModel of another?

Geforce

Hey there,

I made a block with a TileEntitySpecialRenderer, and I want to have it rendered as whatever block is inserted into the TESR block's GUI. I'm currently using the code below, just to try to at least get it working, but it always crashes with this error, also below. I'm not sure if BlockModelRenderer.renderModel() is the correct method I'm supposed to be using here, and if I'm supposed to be using the GL methods as well (eg: pullMatrix(), popMatrix(), etc)? Could someone clear this up for me?

Thanks!

Code:

// Simplified code here, so it's easier to understand on the forums

public void renderTileEntityAt(TileEntity tileEntity, double x, double y, double z, float f, int number){

BlockPos pos = tileEntity.getPos();

IBakedModel model = Minecraft.getMinecraft().getRenderItem().getItemModelMesher().getItemModel(block);

WorldRenderer renderer = Tessellator.getInstance().getWorldRenderer();

Minecraft.getMinecraft().getBlockRendererDispatcher().getBlockModelRenderer().renderModel(tileEntity.getWorld(), model, tileEntity.getWorld().getBlockState(pos), pos, renderer);

Crash:

net.minecraft.util.ReportedException: Tesselating block model

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.tileentity.TileEntityRendererDispatcher.renderTileEntityAt(TileEntityRendererDispatcher.java:153) ~[TileEntityRendererDispatcher.class:?]

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.tileentity.TileEntityRendererDispatcher.renderTileEntity(TileEntityRendererDispatcher.java:126) ~[TileEntityRendererDispatcher.class:?]

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderGlobal.renderEntities(RenderGlobal.java:681) ~[RenderGlobal.class:?]

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.renderWorldPass(EntityRenderer.java:1353) ~[EntityRenderer.class:?]

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.renderWorld(EntityRenderer.java:1266) ~[EntityRenderer.class:?]

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.updateCameraAndRender(EntityRenderer.java:1091) ~[EntityRenderer.class:?]

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.runGameLoop(Minecraft.java:1114) ~[Minecraft.class:?]

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:376) [Minecraft.class:?]

at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:117) [Main.class:?]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0]

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0]

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]

at net.minecraftforge.gradle.GradleStartCommon.launch(GradleStartCommon.java:62) [start/:?]

at GradleStart.main(Unknown Source) [start/:?]

Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 3

at net.minecraftforge.client.model.pipeline.VertexLighterFlat.processQuad(VertexLighterFlat.java:81) ~[VertexLighterFlat.class:?]

at net.minecraftforge.client.model.pipeline.QuadGatheringTransformer.put(QuadGatheringTransformer.java:38) ~[QuadGatheringTransformer.class:?]

at net.minecraftforge.client.model.pipeline.LightUtil.putBakedQuad(LightUtil.java:105) ~[LightUtil.class:?]

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.block.model.BakedQuad.pipe(BakedQuad.java:14) ~[bakedQuad.class:?]

at net.minecraftforge.client.model.pipeline.ForgeBlockModelRenderer.render(ForgeBlockModelRenderer.java:100) ~[ForgeBlockModelRenderer.class:?]

at net.minecraftforge.client.model.pipeline.ForgeBlockModelRenderer.renderModelAmbientOcclusion(ForgeBlockModelRenderer.java:65) ~[ForgeBlockModelRenderer.class:?]

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.BlockModelRenderer.renderModel(BlockModelRenderer.java:44) ~[blockModelRenderer.class:?]

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.BlockModelRenderer.renderModel(BlockModelRenderer.java:34) ~[blockModelRenderer.class:?]

at net.geforcemods.securitycraft.renderers.TileEntityKeypadRenderer.renderTileEntityAt(TileEntityKeypadRenderer.java:44) ~[TileEntityKeypadRenderer.class:?]

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.tileentity.TileEntityRendererDispatcher.renderTileEntityAt(TileEntityRendererDispatcher.java:146) ~[TileEntityRendererDispatcher.class:?]

... 20 more

Potato's have skin. I have skin. Therefore, i am a potato.

Follow me on Twitter!

http://www.twitter.com/I_Mod_Minecraft

Why a TESR?

Well, I was trying to render it dynamically at first, by using vertexes, WorldRenderer, and the Tessellator to draw the texture of a block. But then I noticed that I had the IBakedModel of the Block I wanted to render as, so I thought that would be easier to use, especially if the block used multiple textures (furnace, grass, etc.). If there is an easier way to accomplish the same thing without using a TESR, please let me know.

Follow me on Twitter!

I have an example here. It renders a floating ball that spins, and bobs up and down.

Do note, it is for 1.10. VertexBuffer is the equivalent of 1.8's WorldRenderer here.

Also previously known as eAndPi.

"Pi, is there a station coming up where we can board your train of thought?" -Kronnn

Published Mods: Underworld

Handy links: Vic_'s Forge events Own WIP Tutorials.

I have an example here. It renders a floating ball that spins, and bobs up and down.

Do note, it is for 1.10. VertexBuffer is the equivalent of 1.8's WorldRenderer here.

Ah, thanks, that's exactly what I've been looking for! I used some of your code to finish up my TESR.

The only thing is that I'm still getting the same crash as before, do you know what's wrong?

Code:

private IBakedModel blockModel;

public void renderTileEntityAt(TileEntity tileEntity, double x, double y, double z, float f, int number){

if(((TileEntityKeypad) tileEntity).hasModule(EnumCustomModules.DISGUISE)) {

ItemModule module = (ItemModule) ((TileEntityKeypad) tileEntity).getModule(EnumCustomModules.DISGUISE).getItem();

blockModel = getBlockModel(module.getBlockAddons(((TileEntityKeypad) tileEntity).getModule(EnumCustomModules.DISGUISE).getTagCompound()).get(0));

}

else {

blockModel = getBlockModel(mod_SecurityCraft.keypad);

}

GlStateManager.pushAttrib();

GlStateManager.pushMatrix();

RenderHelper.disableStandardItemLighting();

GlStateManager.enableBlend();

GL11.glBlendFunc(GL11.GL_ONE, GL11.GL_ONE_MINUS_DST_COLOR);

GlStateManager.translate(x, y, z);

WorldRenderer wr = Tessellator.getInstance().getWorldRenderer();

wr.startDrawingQuads();

Minecraft.getMinecraft().getBlockRendererDispatcher().getBlockModelRenderer().renderModel(tileEntity.getWorld(), blockModel, tileEntity.getWorld().getBlockState(tileEntity.getPos()), tileEntity.getPos(), wr, false);

Tessellator.getInstance().draw();

GlStateManager.disableBlend();

RenderHelper.enableStandardItemLighting();

GlStateManager.popMatrix();

GlStateManager.popAttrib();

}

private IBakedModel getBlockModel(Block blockToRenderAs) {

if(blockModel == null) {       

return Minecraft.getMinecraft().getRenderItem().getItemModelMesher().getItemModel(new ItemStack(blockToRenderAs));

}

return blockModel;

}

Crash:

net.minecraft.util.ReportedException: Tesselating block model

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.tileentity.TileEntityRendererDispatcher.renderTileEntityAt(TileEntityRendererDispatcher.java:153) ~[TileEntityRendererDispatcher.class:?]

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.tileentity.TileEntityRendererDispatcher.renderTileEntity(TileEntityRendererDispatcher.java:126) ~[TileEntityRendererDispatcher.class:?]

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderGlobal.renderEntities(RenderGlobal.java:681) ~[RenderGlobal.class:?]

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.renderWorldPass(EntityRenderer.java:1353) ~[EntityRenderer.class:?]

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.renderWorld(EntityRenderer.java:1266) ~[EntityRenderer.class:?]

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.updateCameraAndRender(EntityRenderer.java:1091) ~[EntityRenderer.class:?]

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.runGameLoop(Minecraft.java:1114) ~[Minecraft.class:?]

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:376) [Minecraft.class:?]

at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:117) [Main.class:?]

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]

at net.minecraftforge.gradle.GradleStartCommon.launch(GradleStartCommon.java:62) [start/:?]

at GradleStart.main(Unknown Source) [start/:?]

Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 3

at net.minecraftforge.client.model.pipeline.VertexLighterFlat.processQuad(VertexLighterFlat.java:81) ~[VertexLighterFlat.class:?]

at net.minecraftforge.client.model.pipeline.QuadGatheringTransformer.put(QuadGatheringTransformer.java:38) ~[QuadGatheringTransformer.class:?]

at net.minecraftforge.client.model.pipeline.LightUtil.putBakedQuad(LightUtil.java:105) ~[LightUtil.class:?]

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.block.model.BakedQuad.pipe(BakedQuad.java:14) ~[bakedQuad.class:?]

at net.minecraftforge.client.model.pipeline.ForgeBlockModelRenderer.render(ForgeBlockModelRenderer.java:100) ~[ForgeBlockModelRenderer.class:?]

at net.minecraftforge.client.model.pipeline.ForgeBlockModelRenderer.renderModelAmbientOcclusion(ForgeBlockModelRenderer.java:65) ~[ForgeBlockModelRenderer.class:?]

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.BlockModelRenderer.renderModel(BlockModelRenderer.java:44) ~[blockModelRenderer.class:?]

at net.geforcemods.securitycraft.renderers.TileEntityKeypadRenderer.renderTileEntityAt(TileEntityKeypadRenderer.java:47) ~[TileEntityKeypadRenderer.class:?]

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.tileentity.TileEntityRendererDispatcher.renderTileEntityAt(TileEntityRendererDispatcher.java:146) ~[TileEntityRendererDispatcher.class:?]

... 20 more

Follow me on Twitter!

Please post your whole class on pastebin, or better, link to a github repository.

Need to know what happens on line 47 in your

TileEntityKeypadRenderer

Also previously known as eAndPi.

"Pi, is there a station coming up where we can board your train of thought?" -Kronnn

Published Mods: Underworld

Handy links: Vic_'s Forge events Own WIP Tutorials.

Please post your whole class on pastebin, or better, link to a github repository.

TileEntityKeypadRenderer

Here's a pastebin link to the code: http://pastebin.com/8bWqKY2r

Line 47 is the BlockModelRenderer.renderModel() call.

Follow me on Twitter!

TileEntityKeypadRenderer

Here's a pastebin link to the code: http://pastebin.com/8bWqKY2r

Line 47 is the BlockModelRenderer.renderModel() call.

I believe that you should not have lines 44, 46, and 48.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

Don't use BlockRendererDispatcher. I think the method you want is

Minecraft#getRenderItem().renderModel(ItemStack item, ItemCameraTransforms.TransformType type)

or something like that.

Pass ItemCameraTransforms.TransformType.NONE

for the type and

new ItemStack(Item.getItemForBlock(the block you want))

for the item stack.