[1.10.2][SOLVED] reading/creating/writing config for my mod??

lukas2005

i want to make my mod confgurable but how do i read/write it does this uses normal JavaIO or forge has something for this?

In preInit event has a Configuration object for your mod that is what you will use to create a config.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

i want to make my mod confgurable but how do i read/write it does this uses normal JavaIO or forge has something for this?

In preInit event has a Configuration object for your mod that is what you will use to create a config.

do you mean FMLPreInitializationEvent#getSuggestedConfigurationFile()?

Yes

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Yes

and then i can use normal JavaIO? and configuration file syntax is created by me? or is there a recommended way of doing this?

Yes

and then i can use normal JavaIO? and configuration file syntax is created by me? or is there a recommended way of doing this?

Look into the Configuration methods all syntax/format is defined by it. You have almost no say.

new Configuration(event.getSuggestedConfigFile())

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

And your goal is...?

(Also, you're not entirely correct)

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

Again, you can totally do that, and the code I linked does something similar.

It works like this:

Rather than getting a value from the config file, get a Property.

The property then contains both get and set methods.

The config class does it for you.

Same thing with all the config options. If they aren't there, you provide a default value.

Show your code.

Show your code.

in pre init of main

@EventHandler
public static void preInit(FMLPreInitializationEvent e) {
	Logger.setLogger(LogManager.getLogger(Reference.MODID.toUpperCase()));
	Logger.info("Pre Init!");

Reference.CONFIG = new Configuration(e.getSuggestedConfigurationFile());

ModItems.main();
	//Logger.info("Loaded and registered succesfully: " + ModItems.ITEMS.size() + " Items");

CustomValues.initValues(Reference.CONFIG);

proxy.preInit(e);
}

in CustomValues class

package lukas2005.idea;

import java.util.HashMap;

import net.minecraft.block.Block;
import net.minecraft.item.Item;
import net.minecraftforge.common.config.Configuration;
import net.minecraftforge.common.config.Property;

public class CustomValues {

public static HashMap<Item,Integer> ITEMWEIGHT = new HashMap<Item,Integer>();
public static HashMap<Block,Integer> BLOCKWEIGHT = new HashMap<Block,Integer>();

public static void initValues(Configuration cONFIG) {

Reference.CONFIG.addCustomCategoryComment("BLOCKS WEIGHT", "Here you can change how much ceratin blocks weight");

for (Block block : Block.REGISTRY) {

Property pr = Reference.CONFIG.get("BLOCKS WEIGHT", block.getRegistryName().toString(), "1");

BLOCKWEIGHT.put(block, pr.getInt());

pr.setComment("Weight of a " + block.getRegistryName().toString());

}

Reference.CONFIG.addCustomCategoryComment("ITEMS WEIGHT", "Here you can change how much ceratin items weight");

for (Item item : Item.REGISTRY) {

Property pr = Reference.CONFIG.get("ITEMS WEIGHT", item.getRegistryName().toString(), "1");

ITEMWEIGHT.put(item, pr.getInt());

pr.setComment("Weight of a " + item.getRegistryName().toString());

}

}

}

Let's look at what Config.getFloat does

Float.parseFloat(prop.getString()) < minValue ? minValue : (Float.parseFloat(prop.getString()) > maxValue ? maxValue : Float.parseFloat(prop.getString()));

Oh, hey, its just parsing a string.