Model elements fighting to render over each other

BeardlessBrady

I'm not quite sure how to fix this. This can be explained better visually.

https://gfycat.com/WelldocumentedShinyGrub

It is very hard to explain, but basically you have multiple planes overlapping which can be fixed by removing uneccesary planes from the model.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

To acquire no z-fighting, You gotta make sure that none of your elements are going into each other (no overlapping textures)

Then after that is accomplished the fun part begins. Go in and manually turn all faces that are inwards (facing towards the inner part of the elements) into the black part of ether the white or black window pane png.

The black part on black window pane renders as black once a block is placed and renders invisible on item models.

On connected pieces you would make the ends of the smaller pieces transparent connecting to a larger piece. If its connected one of the two elements need to be transparent.

When done you will have no z fighting :)

(which is a blast when each one of your models has 49 elements to it)

That's not the problem is not z-fighting

The problem is you probably set your model to transparent so you can get that window see thru. The problem you don't know is it messes up the whole model because transparent renders backwards and on a different layer than opaque.

You need to use custom forge model and create some components transparent and some opaque. In that forge custom model you can actually choose which models render on which layer. You wanna put the door on transparent layer and everything else on opaque . In Java you wanna choose the model on opaque and transparent layer mode . There's a choice which layer to use for model.

I have tried this and there is no tutorial  so I have failed miserably and given up.

Disclaimer:  I been told to keep my opinions to myself, to shut up and that I am spreading lies and misinformation or even that my methods are unorthodox and or too irregular. Here are my suggestions take it or leave it.

HOWEVER! if you do that was suggested above  it alleviates the problem you are having and makes it like 90% OK. But not 100% . to go 100% you need to use custom multi-layer forge block state + model which nobody knows how to use.  With this forge model technique you don't need to remove hidden faces it will just work transparent + opaque + whatever.

My method was simply to remove all the hidden faces. Just simply delete them out of the model . For example a shelf side is never visible delete erase that face leave nothing there but only what you see. Almost same effect as above suggestion just easier although probably the z-fighting one seems more advanced and might give you better success than my remove all faces you don't see method :D

Also note that I am no expert so anyone please correct me if I am wrong so I can learn too. Don't just delete post and I don't know why or what's going on.

Disclaimer:  I been told to keep my opinions to myself, to shut up and that I am spreading lies and misinformation or even that my methods are unorthodox and or too irregular. Here are my suggestions take it or leave it.

...which nobody knows how to use.

Have you taken a look at this?

http://mcforge.readthedocs.io/en/latest/blockstates/forgeBlockstates/

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

??  :'( yes but is missing the information i need. i need real example of using multiple layers in one model. There's more to it than just json. You also need to edit the java in specific way to return ModelLayer.SOLID && ModelLayer.TRANSPARENT something like that . Plus there's something where you can choose which part of the model renders on which layer which is not shown there.  there's a part of the json where you can choose something like solid : "model.json" transparent: "water.json" blah blah. none of that is in there. I sortof figured all this myself but I never been successful at it. I just read about how MC renders transparency and I learned there are various layers and saw that forge can actually control which layer to render on based on an oldder forge model spec  for version 1 it shows all the functions you can use but no actual example.

??  :'( yes but is missing the information i need. i need real example of using multiple layers in one model. There's more to it than just json. You also need to edit the java in specific way to return ModelLayer.SOLID && ModelLayer.TRANSPARENT something like that . Plus there's something where you can choose which part of the model renders on which layer which is not shown there.  there's a part of the json where you can choose something like solid : "model.json" transparent: "water.json" blah blah. none of that is in there. I sortof figured all this myself but I never been successful at it. I just read about how MC renders transparency and I learned there are various layers and saw that forge can actually control which layer to render on based on an oldder forge model spec  for version 1 it shows all the functions you can use but no actual example.

Final resort if no documentation has been found look through the code that reads the json...yeah sounds like a wonderful idea huh?...I wish you the best of luck if you choose to go down that path.

Final resort if no documentation has been found look through the code that reads the json...yeah sounds like a wonderful idea huh?...I wish you the best of luck if you choose to go down that path.

I gave it up cause i could not figure it out. Im just letting people know the multi layers rendering for one model is possible if someone is lucky enough to bump into the right resource or smart enough to figure it out it will fix all these half transparent half opaque model problems.

However everything else suggested above even my hacky erase all hidden faces will make the model WAY more functional than what it is right now.