Help! Can't use Minecraft Forge! I've tried everything!

Whichcrafter_Pro

I don't know if this is common or not, but I have a school owned computer with no Java Runtime installed. I know that Forge is a Java Archive Executable file. If I ctrl-click (mac) open the app, and hit ok for the unidentified dev thing, it says it needs admin password. If I try to use terminal with the /java -jar command it says I need a JDK because there is no Java Runtime present. If I do try to install a JDK or Java Runtime it requires the installer and therefore a admin password (which I don't have). I have done numerous searches on how to execute the JAR file with file converters and other modded platforms, but cannot find a solution to my problem.

Also you might ask, "If he does not have Java Runtime, how is he playing minecraft?" Well, my friend helped me install a copy of minecraft (that I paid for) that includes or somehow finds Java to run on.

Please respond with suggestions!

I am trying to use the Forge 1.11. Should I use 13.19.0.2160?

Also I have jre-x32 as a folder, will this help at all for the java thing?

Thanks!

For the first thing, I am talking about the file itself. it is called jre-x32

For the second thing, if you open the folder there is another folder called 1.8.0_25. Inside that is all these files that i assume are for the runtime. the sixth thing down is a document titled "release" and if you open it, it has the following text:

JAVA_VERSION="1.8.0_25"

OS_NAME="Windows"

OS_VERSION="5.1"

OS_ARCH="i586"

SOURCE=" .:efac90a2da44 corba:ee069d67c12d deploy:a3b5fa64a9e4 hotspot:639abc668bfe hotspot/make/closed:1c185198721b hotspot/src/closed:af48dee3a8b9 hotspot/test/closed:ed791d999445 install:51c0241fa2ae jaxp:fddbc00bde28 jaxws:cb0ad90bfe3c jdk:a4e88eaf15ea jdk/make/closed:4b4053a771fb jdk/src/closed:917327c3136b jdk/test/closed:aeda5511081b langtools:a4f0c6dd8f97 nashorn:cdbf34dbef40 pubs:6aef7a75adfc sponsors:da8b2c3b12ee"

BUILD_TYPE="commercial"

Well i can run minecraft...somehow...

I typed "java -version" into my terminal app and this is what came back:

"No Java runtime present, requesting install."

I cannot do the request install because of the admin password. But I will do some digging into the minecraft java thing. Sit tight or post more suggestions.

Then you have to talk to the admin of your computer.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

This topic is now closed to further replies.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • They were already updated, and just to double check I even did a cleanup and fresh update from that same page. I'm quite sure drivers are not the problem here. 
    • i tried downloading the drivers but it says no AMD graphics hardware has been detected    
    • Update your AMD/ATI drivers - get the drivers from their website - do not update via system  
    • As the title says i keep on crashing on forge 1.20.1 even without any mods downloaded, i have the latest drivers (nvidia) and vanilla minecraft works perfectly fine for me logs: https://pastebin.com/5UR01yG9
    • Hello everyone, I'm making this post to seek help for my modded block, It's a special block called FrozenBlock supposed to take the place of an old block, then after a set amount of ticks, it's supposed to revert its Block State, Entity, data... to the old block like this :  The problem I have is that the system breaks when handling multi blocks (I tried some fix but none of them worked) :  The bug I have identified is that the function "setOldBlockFields" in the item's "setFrozenBlock" function gets called once for the 1st block of multiblock getting frozen (as it should), but gets called a second time BEFORE creating the first FrozenBlock with the data of the 1st block, hence giving the same data to the two FrozenBlock :   Old Block Fields set BlockState : Block{minecraft:black_bed}[facing=east,occupied=false,part=head] BlockEntity : net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.BedBlockEntity@73681674 BlockEntityData : id:"minecraft:bed",x:3,y:-60,z:-6} Old Block Fields set BlockState : Block{minecraft:black_bed}[facing=east,occupied=false,part=foot] BlockEntity : net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.BedBlockEntity@6d1aa3da BlockEntityData : {id:"minecraft:bed",x:2,y:-60,z:-6} Frozen Block Entity set BlockState : Block{minecraft:black_bed}[facing=east,occupied=false,part=foot] BlockPos{x=3, y=-60, z=-6} BlockEntity : net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.BedBlockEntity@6d1aa3da BlockEntityData : {id:"minecraft:bed",x:2,y:-60,z:-6} Frozen Block Entity set BlockState : Block{minecraft:black_bed}[facing=east,occupied=false,part=foot] BlockPos{x=2, y=-60, z=-6} BlockEntity : net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.BedBlockEntity@6d1aa3da BlockEntityData : {id:"minecraft:bed",x:2,y:-60,z:-6} here is the code inside my custom "freeze" item :    @Override     public @NotNull InteractionResult useOn(@NotNull UseOnContext pContext) {         if (!pContext.getLevel().isClientSide() && pContext.getHand() == InteractionHand.MAIN_HAND) {             BlockPos blockPos = pContext.getClickedPos();             BlockPos secondBlockPos = getMultiblockPos(blockPos, pContext.getLevel().getBlockState(blockPos));             if (secondBlockPos != null) {                 createFrozenBlock(pContext, secondBlockPos);             }             createFrozenBlock(pContext, blockPos);             return InteractionResult.SUCCESS;         }         return super.useOn(pContext);     }     public static void createFrozenBlock(UseOnContext pContext, BlockPos blockPos) {         BlockState oldState = pContext.getLevel().getBlockState(blockPos);         BlockEntity oldBlockEntity = oldState.hasBlockEntity() ? pContext.getLevel().getBlockEntity(blockPos) : null;         CompoundTag oldBlockEntityData = oldState.hasBlockEntity() ? oldBlockEntity.serializeNBT() : null;         if (oldBlockEntity != null) {             pContext.getLevel().removeBlockEntity(blockPos);         }         BlockState FrozenBlock = setFrozenBlock(oldState, oldBlockEntity, oldBlockEntityData);         pContext.getLevel().setBlockAndUpdate(blockPos, FrozenBlock);     }     public static BlockState setFrozenBlock(BlockState blockState, @Nullable BlockEntity blockEntity, @Nullable CompoundTag blockEntityData) {         BlockState FrozenBlock = BlockRegister.FROZEN_BLOCK.get().defaultBlockState();         ((FrozenBlock) FrozenBlock.getBlock()).setOldBlockFields(blockState, blockEntity, blockEntityData);         return FrozenBlock;     }  
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.