[1.11] how do i create a large block 3 x 3 x 1 inc bounding box and rotate it

trollworkout

I need to make a huge blocks devices like Waterwheel and Windmill.

Is 1 block thin and 3 blocks long x 3 blocks tall.

But how can I make it because Block only supports normal block size no? Can i use a regular block. Because I also need to make the bounding box and also I need to make it rotate from the center.

Disclaimer:  I been told to keep my opinions to myself, to shut up and that I am spreading lies and misinformation or even that my methods are unorthodox and or too irregular. Here are my suggestions take it or leave it.

You need to use technical blocks.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

But how can I make it because Block only supports normal block size no? Can i use a regular block. Because I also need to make the bounding box and also I need to make it rotate from the center.

For a multiblock structure of that kind, you use a central block (containing a tile entity with a model, = the waterwheel) and fake blocks around it which are invisible but have collision, so they block the space.

For a multiblock forming/unforming code you will need tileentities in your fake blocks too. I would use a Master TileEntity in the middle and slave Tileentities around it. How exactly you code the multiblock depends on how you want it to function. should it be built by the player? Or only one block should be placed and the fake blocks spawn automatically?

For a multiblock structure of that kind, you use a central block (containing a tile entity with a model, = the waterwheel) and fake blocks around it which are invisible but have collision, so they block the space.

For a multiblock forming/unforming code you will need tileentities in your fake blocks too. I would use a Master TileEntity in the middle and slave Tileentities around it. How exactly you code the multiblock depends on how you want it to function. should it be built by the player? Or only one block should be placed and the fake blocks spawn automatically?

SO it appears a block can in fact support  a max of 3 x 3 x 3 model. I turns out my model is just a tad bit under 3 blocks.

my model is in fact 22.5 -> -22.5 which makes it 45 x 45 x 16 just under 48 x 48 x 48 max that a block can support.

I think a tiled entity is a must for custom animation rotation tho.

I think I lucked out that I didn't make my model too big

I got a waterwheel and a windmill both pretty much same thing . Rotating devices one water powered one wind powered. Both are under 3 x 3 x 1 and both rotate and function pretty much same one. If I get to figure one out the other is 90% done.

Disclaimer:  I been told to keep my opinions to myself, to shut up and that I am spreading lies and misinformation or even that my methods are unorthodox and or too irregular. Here are my suggestions take it or leave it.

SO it appears a block can in fact support  a max of 3 x 3 x 3 model. I turns out my model is just a tad bit under 3 blocks.

my model is in fact 22.5 -> -22.5 which makes it 45 x 45 x 16 just under 48 x 48 x 48 max that a block can support.

I think a tiled entity is a must for custom animation rotation tho.

I think I lucked out that I didn't make my model too big

I got a waterwheel and a windmill both pretty much same thing . Rotating devices one water powered one wind powered. Both are under 3 x 3 x 1 and both rotate and function pretty much same one. If I get to figure one out the other is 90% done.

What about entity collision?

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

seems like blocks can support a max 3 x 3 x 3 model which includes  collisions bounding boxes and all the basics.

i think any model bigger than that size will have weird artifacts and glitches and lighting issues. at least that what i was told. but anything under is fine.

some functions work only for 1 block size  for example cactus function to hurt entities only works when you step inside the 1 block center. there's no way to have custom bounding boxes for a cactus bigger than 1 block. and there are other functions with similar issues.

another problem is a 3 x 3 x 3 block only occupies a 1 block in the real world so you can in fact place stuff right beside it. one way to fix this i guess it to make a custom air block that registers as a full block so nothing can be placed there. i dunno i gotta figure this out still

seems like blocks can support a max 3 x 3 x 3 model which includes  collisions bounding boxes and all the basics.

i think any model bigger than that size will have weird artifacts and glitches and lighting issues. at least that what i was told. but anything under is fine.

some functions work only for 1 block size  for example cactus function to hurt entities only works when you step inside the 1 block center. there's no way to have custom bounding boxes for a cactus bigger than 1 block. and there are other functions with similar issues.

another problem is a 3 x 3 x 3 block only occupies a 1 block in the real world so you can in fact place stuff right beside it. one way to fix this i guess it to make a custom air block that registers as a full block so nothing can be placed there. i dunno i gotta figure this out still

Make two blocks/metadata block that has a center block/metadata and surrounding block/metadata.

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

1 word:

Pathfinding.

Vanilla barely supports blocks that have collision greater than 1 block tall (animals would routinely attempt to jump over fences back when they were introduced) as several subsystems all assumed that a block was either passable or not, so when fences were added, there were several problems to overcome.

This is why a bounding box cannot exceed 1x1.5x1, anything you're doing that makes it appear larger is only working for a subset of all those systems.  If you're making a "custom air block that registers as a full block so nothing can be placed there" then I have this to say:

You need to use technical blocks.

Because that's what you just described.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

It appears you guys are both correct

While the model can indeed be 3 x 3 x 3 max..the bounding box is actually max 1.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 HA! sadface

I will have to use "technical blocks"

SADLY or LUCKILY (depending on how I use this) my windmill/waterwheel is a circular shape bounding box. 

For the cheater mode I can simply make a hexagonal type bounding box that is always  the same. This would work well for waterwheel.

For super cheater mode I can create a bounding box for center axle and have the windmill sails. Windmill would work fine for this 1.

For accurate motion I can create 4 technical blocks + tiled entity that spin around the main axle as fast as the model spins around which would be controlled by yet another 5th axle tile entity. This would create accurate 4 sail cross windmill sails motion 100%

You realize that all bounding boxes in Minecraft are cuboid, right?

Yeah I am aware of that. But I was thinking 4 blocks can be moved around and made to orbit a center. So even if they are cuboid they can still be made to fake a nice rounded circular motion like a windmill sail would do.

For a waterwheel I can get 8 blocks to orbit around 4 full blocks and 4 stair like blocks . The motion generated would look natural enough to seem circular.

Your structure is 3 blocks by 3 blocks, there's no....room to shift things about.

Your structure is 3 blocks by 3 blocks, there's no....room to shift things about.

I mean like 4 fake air blocks that have a bounding box. Whenever you place the 3 x 3 x 1 structure it produces a center block that's full and then the fake air blocks around it with various bounding boxes. Then I can move the fake air blocks around the center . They would have to be Tile Entities i guess.

I mean like 4 fake air blocks that have a bounding box. Whenever you place the 3 x 3 x 1 structure it produces a center block that's full and then the fake air blocks around it with various bounding boxes. Then I can move the fake air blocks around the center . They would have to be Tile Entities i guess.

Blocks don't move...

I think he means make them as close to possible to a hexagon.

Yeah I'm still figuring this out guys. But it works. Sortof! Thanks for all your help.

HwStkNt.png

My windmill looks so flimsy. I'm back to making the model now. Needs to be more fat and blocky  and I gotta split all elements in 16 length elements.

btw . if you make a model bigger than 3 x 3 x 3 it will simply not work and shows a checkered default cube instead OR crashes the game out of bounds

btw . if you make a model bigger than 3 x 3 x 3 it will simply not work and shows a checkered default cube instead OR crashes the game out of bounds

really?

Immersive_Engineering has some big models.

I don't think you are being creative enough.

Immersive Engineering uses OBJ models for its multiblocks, which can be larger than 3x3x3. It's only JSON models that have the size restriction.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

Immersive Engineering uses OBJ models for its multiblocks, which can be larger than 3x3x3. It's only JSON models that have the size restriction.

The more you know. Thanks!

You don't need to point out what's wrong with the programmer. I already know. Now what's wrong with the code?