[1.10] Entity is Exploding all the time...

terraya

Hello@All ,

Emm yeh ...  :-X

my entity is exploding ..

but i dont understand it right ... i mean, this is my code:

@Override
public void onUpdate() {
	super.onUpdate();
	if (this.worldObj.isRemote && !this.attackEntityAsMob(this)) {
		this.worldObj.spawnParticle(EnumParticleTypes.EXPLOSION_HUGE, this.posX, this.posY, this.posZ, 0.0D, 0.0D, 0.0D, new int[0]);
		this.worldObj.spawnParticle(EnumParticleTypes.EXPLOSION_HUGE, this.posX+1, this.posY, this.posZ, 0.0D, 0.0D, 0.0D, new int[0]);
		this.worldObj.spawnParticle(EnumParticleTypes.EXPLOSION_HUGE, this.posX, this.posY+1, this.posZ, 0.0D, 0.0D, 0.0D, new int[0]);
		this.worldObj.spawnParticle(EnumParticleTypes.EXPLOSION_HUGE, this.posX, this.posY, this.posZ+1, 0.0D, 0.0D, 0.0D, new int[0]);
	} else if (!this.worldObj.isRemote && this.attackEntityAsMob(this)) {
		this.worldObj.spawnParticle(EnumParticleTypes.EXPLOSION_HUGE, this.posX, this.posY, this.posZ, 0.0D, 0.0D, 0.0D, new int[0]);
		this.worldObj.spawnParticle(EnumParticleTypes.EXPLOSION_HUGE, this.posX+1, this.posY, this.posZ, 0.0D, 0.0D, 0.0D, new int[0]);
		this.worldObj.spawnParticle(EnumParticleTypes.EXPLOSION_HUGE, this.posX, this.posY+1, this.posZ, 0.0D, 0.0D, 0.0D, new int[0]);
		this.worldObj.spawnParticle(EnumParticleTypes.EXPLOSION_HUGE, this.posX, this.posY, this.posZ+1, 0.0D, 0.0D, 0.0D, new int[0]);
		worldObj.createExplosion(this, this.posX, this.posY, this.posZ, 4.0F, true);
		//this.setDead();
	}
}

and it says

if (this.worldObj.isRemote && !this.attackEntityAsMob(this))

doesnt it mean "attackentityasmob" ... that, when my entity attacks another entity ,

it creates an explosion?

This

this.attackEntityAsMob(this)

Is saying attack this mob with this mob. Not attack a mob with this mob. attackEntityAsMob(Entity) is supposed to be called by other Entities not the one you are in. So what

if (!this.worldObj.isRemote && this.attackEntityAsMob(this)) {

is really saying is if the world is server side and I can attack myself create an explosion.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

You should not do this in onUpdate, Use eventhandler for "LivingAttackEvent" and check if it was your entity that attacked.

Or do it in the attackEntityAsMob() or any other attacking function...

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

You should not do this in onUpdate, Use eventhandler for "LivingAttackEvent" and check if it was your entity that attacked.

Or do it in the attackEntityAsMob() or any other attacking function...

Yes, thats even better, since it doesn't even need an event.

If you don't get that you should learn programming better. Read about Object oriented programming and inheritance.

What you should do is override the "attackEntityAsMob" method in your entity.

i will do both since ppl tell me to learn programming better, im sure its a bit easyer to understand when you know , how to programm but yeh ... :D

i will try to start to learn programming with a book soon.

thanks anyway for the adivce with "attackEntityAsMob" :)