Forge causing lag

McLightning

Apparently the devs saw fit to try and keep it quiet by deleting it (for some reason or another).

Forge is causing massive lag for a select few. It's forge, nothing else. When it comes down to having forge with no other mods, or forge with a ton of mods, the culprit is always forge.

We're aware that we have to "profile the minecraft app" to figure it out. What we're not aware of is how. You tell us to google it, but googling it simply gives us tools to do it, nothing explains how. We're end users. We're not required to know this stuff. There was a time when the developers of both optifine and modloader had an issue like this. It was extremely isolated. Know what they did? They acknowledged and helped.

We are ALSO aware that it's an isolated incident, but that doesn't make it any less of an issue. If you could tell us how to get this "profile", we could cooperate with you and help...but deleting the thread (or possibly moving it, not sure, don't have time to look) is a little shady.

Don't forget, it was us users who made your mod popular. Not the developers. Please, try not to go mass-denial this time, erasing the thread.

EDIT: My postcount WAS 3 before starting this thread. It has now been put down, meaning the thread was outright deleted.

McL: how can we help you? I've never seen this lag you're talking about or I would have fixed it.

No one with a development environment has seen this lag you're talking about, or they would have produced a good bug report.

I have seen lag, but it's attributable to other things: bad graphics card is the current suspect on my laptop, for example.

Do as luacs1998 suggests, please. Make a world, load it in vanilla, show us your "no lag" situation. Then load the same world with forge, and show us your "lag situation". Use appropriate media to demonstrate, and include log files for the forge version.

Finally, "Lag" is very vague. What do you mean? My laptop: 60fps to 1fps. THAT'S lag. That's the GFX card derping hard.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=profiling+java+applications

Also this user was banned for being a conspiracy theory ass wipe, I told you in the last thread that unless you provided profiling information that you would be banned.

I will not allow you to start a riot with unsubstantiated claims, this causes the retarded masses to hop on the 'OMG IT SAID IT CANT KEEP UP MUST BE FORGE KILLING MY COMPUTER AND RAPING MY CAT' bandwagon.

We modders profile minecraft CONSTANTLY, we have the ForgeCraft server for a reason. We are constantly on the look out for issues such as this.

So ya, sticking to my promise, you did not provide profiling information, and you wen't all conspiracy theory on us so you're banned.

If your friend or whoever who was also supposedly getting this issue wishes to follow the rules and provide proper profiling information, we will look at it.

But we will not allow this to turn into a circus.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon