"Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?"

i have the server starting with a .bat with

java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar forge-1.10.2-12.18.2.2151-universal.jar

pause

if I try to set the Xmx to 2048 or more then

error occurred during initalization of VM

could not reserve enough space for 2097152KB object heap

I have set minecraft properties to be able to use up to 4g.  using the profile

-Xmx4G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M

with game running , at 1g or 4g,  and 1g set for server it will run.  but i cant even get the server to start up alone if i set more then 1g in the .bat

running on a Intel i7-4770k cpu  @ 3.5gh with 16g ram directx 12, windows 10 -64bit

running pure vanilla game the F3 mem usage shows ask 350m ~

with forge only loaded into game mem jumps to 900m~

with mods installed on game or server mem goes over 1g so i upped to 4g.  but server will crash due to not enough memory.

I wanted to look at the tutorial forums

http://minecraftforge.net/wiki/Tutorials

but only get a 404 not found message.

Does your server have enough RAM to support 4GB?

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

I thought I had the 64, but just in case I uninstalled and rand the offline since that stated it was 64.

so good news, I can now set the bat file to more memory so server runs without pausing, but I still see

[00:04:05] [server thread/WARN] [net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 8615ms behind, skipping 172 tick(s)

I set the current bat at 4g, should I try upping it more?  (standing around at night with mobs around task mgr says I'm using 6.7g / 16g

This is more of a general technical support question (as in not a Forge issue) but it sounds like you're running both the client and the server on the same computer.

If so, adding more RAM wont help. Adding more computer would help. If you're out of computers to add, you could try moving the client or the server to a separate drive (put or leave the server on the fastest drive) and make sure they are running on different CPU cores (they should by default but...Windows).

If you can't tell or they are somehow crowding the same core you can set the affinity for each Java process in the task manager (right click on the process and pick Set Affinity.), both will have all cores selected by default...deselect half of the cores for one process and the other half for the other process. Don't force them to a single core each though, that will make things worse because even if Minecraft is mainly single threaded, Java isn't...

But yeah, adding another computer would probably be the best.