[1.10.2] - Custom Chicken always flapping

TheClaus

I have an issue I created a custom chicken and notice that when I spawn it in game it just flaps.  Actually it isn't flapping and more as the wings just rotate over and over.

Here is my entity code for it: http://pastebin.com/PciVYNUS

Here is the chicken in action: http://imgur.com/a/rM9In

Wondering how to prevent that from happening and to act like a normal chicken would.

I am guessing the chicken flapping is controlled from chicken renderer. So when you copypasta'd the chicken code you didn't copypasta the renderer code.

Disclaimer:  I been told to keep my opinions to myself, to shut up and that I am spreading lies and misinformation or even that my methods are unorthodox and or too irregular. Here are my suggestions take it or leave it.

right . so if you check the vanilla chicken renderer it has this function

protected float handleRotationFloat(EntityChicken livingBase, float partialTicks)

{

float f = livingBase.oFlap + (livingBase.wingRotation - livingBase.oFlap) * partialTicks;

float f1 = livingBase.oFlapSpeed + (livingBase.destPos - livingBase.oFlapSpeed) * partialTicks;

return (MathHelper.sin(f) + 1.0F) * f1;

}

which looks to me like it handles wing flapping

Disclaimer:  I been told to keep my opinions to myself, to shut up and that I am spreading lies and misinformation or even that my methods are unorthodox and or too irregular. Here are my suggestions take it or leave it.

package net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity;

look for RenderChicken.class

As I said you copypasta the model but not the whole renderer.

Most of the specific motions and animations are done outside the model in the renderer

EDIT : when i made my custom wolf the tail would spin in a circle helicopter  style forever . I had to spend a bit of time with code try to understand how is actually done then I realize I was missing some code cause I made the renderer myself instead of looking what was already there