[1.10.2 | 1.11.2] [UNSOLVED] Forge Energy

Bektor

Hi,

I'm wondering how to display in the GUI of my solar panel that it currently generates energy using the Forge Energy system,

since my mod will support multiply energy APIs.

I'm basically asking this because I don't want to confuse the user with different names from different mods.

Like all machines which generate RF (redstone flux) display RF/t or something like that in the Gui, so that everyone knows that this machine

is compatible with the machine from this mod cause it generates both the same energy.

Thx in advance.

Bektor

Developer of Primeval Forest.

I haven't seen one mod yet with such a config option. Thought I've got only energysynergy and enderio and teslacoils installed.

But besides that, the problem would still be, if you for example give it the name Tesla or EU or RF while using Forge Energy, I don't think you would be able to connect it to those devices from those mods which use Tesla, EU or RF and power those devices or let your devices powered by them.

How does a text display name in a GUI affect getCapability()?

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

How does a text display name in a GUI affect getCapability()?

It does not effect getCapability(). But think about it, you use ForgeEnergy and give it the name EU. I don't think your machines will now be compatible with machines using real EU from ic2, while the user thinks, both is using EU, so it is compatible.