Updating a Minecraft Mod on Linux?

Mister__Magister

Hello Guys!

I've been having a pretty serious problem preventing me from doing anything - I can't seem to get my workspace set up properly on my Debian Linux.

I have JDK, Eclipse and Java all working well. I used ./gradlew setupDecompWorkspace eclipse, and it set up correctly. However, I tried launching the Forge test mod through eclipse, and it just said "no project recognized." Then I tried it for the main mod I want to update, but it said the same thing. There are no .ipr files anywhere.

How can I proceed?

Sure thing.

After running the gradle command, I immidiately went to my Eclipse, then "Open File," and found the example project at /home/user/Desktop/Forge/src/main/java/com/example, then tried to open. Nothing happened, even when I tried to open just the example mod class file. I repeat this for the main mod, nothing happens. I then try "Open Projects from File System" for the main mod, nothing happens. I've also tried opening the example class file with eclipse from the file (i.e. open with).

Please follow the instructions in the documentation.

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

One thing is still unclear to me, however. Sorry if this is elementary, but how do I put the old mod into the new forge to update it?

Edit: Is it just a matter of taking the whole src file and just moving the file across?

Edit: Is it just a matter of taking the whole src file and just moving the file across?

Yes, it is.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

Yes, it is.

Thanks!

Could you answer one more question please?

As far as I understand, what should happen now is that errors in the src should show up. This is not happening for some reason, although the mod being updated is coded for 1.7.3., and I am using the latest version of forge.

Yes, it is.

Thanks!

Could you answer one more question please?

As far as I understand, what should happen now is that errors in the src should show up. This is not happening for some reason, although the mod being updated is coded for 1.7.3., and I am using the latest version of forge.

Refresh the project.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

I've tried doing that, but it looks like it isn't recognizing the src as a part of "the mod" for some reason.

I also tried pressing the green test button, but when Minecraft opened, there were only 3 mods: MCP, Forge Mod Loader, and Minecraft Forge. So that mod I added was not recognized.

Post an image of your project directory.

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

It doesn't look like you have a source folder. You need to set src/main/java as a source folder.

Hi.

Another linux user here (Kubuntu)

Did you ever run ./gradlew eclipse, after setupDecompWorkspace?

Never had this issue setting up any projects (12 so far).

Should just need those 2 lines, issued from the main folder where you un-zipped the mdk

Also previously known as eAndPi.

"Pi, is there a station coming up where we can board your train of thought?" -Kronnn

Published Mods: Underworld

Handy links: Vic_'s Forge events Own WIP Tutorials.

Hi.

Another linux user here (Kubuntu)

Did you ever run ./gradlew eclipse, after setupDecompWorkspace?

Never had this issue setting up any projects (12 so far).

Should just need those 2 lines, issued from the main folder where you un-zipped the mdk

I can definetely confirm I did this all 3 times I set up the workspace.

Right click on the project, build path, configure build path, source, add folder

It works!

http://pasteboard.co/pjo5Uijok.png

Thanks.

No problem IDEs can be a pain sometimes, and good luck and have fun.