[Solved] [1.11] Is the RF API outdated?

Awesome_Spider

So, I am just starting to mod Minecraft again after a while. When I quit modding and Minecraft in general because of school and other things eating up my free time, the transition from 1.7.10 to 1.8 was taking place. I am just now learning how to mod with with the json models that were added in 1.8 and things are going pretty good.

But then after I started trying to implement Thermal Expansion's RF API into my mod I started running into problems. I realized that CoFH never updated their mods from 1.7.10 (or are still doing so), and the RF API wasn't working. I found out that classes were moved and modiffyed in 1.8 through 1.11 so the RF API is outdated now. How do I fix this? Do I have to create my own power system until CoFH updates the API?

PS: Sorry for the long post.

So, I am just starting to mod Minecraft again after a while. When I quit modding and Minecraft in general because of school and other things eating up my free time, the transition from 1.7.10 to 1.8 was taking place. I am just now learning how to mod with with the json models that were added in 1.8 and things are going pretty good.

But then after I started trying to implement Thermal Expansion's RF API into my mod I started running into problems. I realized that CoFH never updated their mods from 1.7.10 (or are still doing so), and the RF API wasn't working. I found out that classes were moved and modiffyed in 1.8 through 1.11 so the RF API is outdated now. How do I fix this? Do I have to create my own power system until CoFH updates the API?

PS: Sorry for the long post.

RF API has been updated to 1.8 and should work on 1.11 and 1.10 here is a link

https://github.com/CoFH/RedstoneFlux-API/tree/1.8/src/main/java/cofh/api

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

Ya now it's working.

Just a note if you plan on having compatibility with Ender IO you need to have your producers/generators push the energy out.

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Just a side question: Are there any tutorials for this api? I can't find any on Google.

Not really, the Javadocs should explain all you need to know. IEnergyReceiver is for machines and can be used for Storage devices as well. Though Ender IO doesn't use this. IEnergyProducers are generators and things that output energy. IEnergyConnection is just something that connects to pipes but does not really use Energy. TileEnergyHandler is an example of these.