Jump to content

[1.10.2] Custom sounds not working on export


WrilyCoyoteGabe

Recommended Posts

Hello there, I could use some help.

 

You see, I know a considerable amount about Forge, but I'm having a bit of trouble with something that doesn't even seem to be code related.

With my mod, everything works fine when I open it and run it in IntelliJ. There are no errors or exceptions, and everything works just as it should- sounds included. However, when I go to start a game with my mod in the normal Minecraft client after export, all of my custom sounds for the mobs I have added suddenly stop working. As mentioned before, everything runs fine in IntelliJ, but custom sounds suddenly break whenever the mod is exported. I have checked numerous times, and the files for the custom sounds are definitely still present after exporting, and the mobs even  say that they are making the sounds in the subtitles when they are toggled, but the audio itself does not actually play in-game. I have checked volume settings and things of the like numerous times, and can definitely conclude that they are not the issue.

 

I'm just reaching out for help here, because I'm honestly at a loss as to what could be causing this problem. It would be different if it were occurring in both IntelliJ and the game after exporting, but it only happens after export which has me stumped. If anyone can offer some help as to how to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated. I don't know what I would need to link here as far as the code goes, as it doesn't seem to be an issue in the code at all, but if it's necessary I can link whatever would be needed to sort this problem out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your message helped me immensely. I checked the console and noticed the issue immediately.

IntelliJ for some reason ignored this issue entirely, but there was something a bit out of place in the "sounds.json" file.

 

Here's what the code is now that it's working:

"sounds":
            [
              "fallenstars:fox/fox_yip"

 

And here's what it was before:

"sounds":
            [
              "fallenstars:/fox/fox_yip"

 

For whatever reason, it was working fine in IntelliJ, but peering into the console revealed that the slash there after the colon was causing that to be read as a double slash, so it was trying to pull things from the entirely wrong directory. That directory being "sounds//fox/fox_yip" rather than where it was supposed to be coming from.

 

I honestly hadn't even thought of checking the console, so it was my own mistake here that caused this issue. Nevertheless, I thank you so very much for your help. You've just saved me many more hours of possible frustration.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.