Gamerule spawnRadius doesn't work correctly

ivanovic77

Tried with the last Forge releases for Minecraft 1.10.2 and 1.11.2 ( Forge-12.18.3.2221 and  Forge-13.20.0.2226 respectively).

After death, you always respawn on negative X and Z coordinates (always northwest of the world spawn).

How to reproduce the bug:

1. Start a new game.

2. Type the command /gamerule spawnRadius 5000 (for example).

3. Kill your character.

4. You respawn northwest of the world spawn on negative X and Z coordinates.

Probably this has something to do with this issue:

https://github.com/MinecraftForge/MinecraftForge/issues/2624

Edited by ivanovic77

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm... Strange... Did you set the world spawn at x:0, z:0 manually using the command /setworldspawn ?

I ask you because of this statement:

On 4/2/2017 at 2:45 PM, diesieben07 said:

Ok, I just tried it out. World spawn at 0, 0, spawn radius 5000. After death I spawned at -1924, 2166. Seems reasonable to me...

The day I tested it, I used the command /gamerule spawnRadius 5000, without manually setting the world spawn at 0,0 with other commands. In fact, if you need to set the world spawn at 0,0 manually to avoid the bug, I don't think the gamerule is working properly. I'll check it out right now.

Edited by ivanovic77

https://github.com/MinecraftForge/MinecraftForge/commit/450c3a80c10c1dc27ef68a3f5e5f58af6a827fde

Not sure when it got inverted, but apparently nobody has cared ever. Not sure how Dies got his results tho.. the math doesn't hold out...

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

I just tried again, with the last Forge releases for Minecraft 1.10.2 and 1.11.2 (12.18.3.2221 and 13.20.0.2228 respectively) and after updating Java (just in case), and the bug is still present. 

Just start a new game, type /gamerule spawnRadius 5000, and kill your character. You always respawn on negative coordinates.

Edit: Oh LexManos, ok, thanks!

Edited by ivanovic77

Nevermind, I just woke up and figured i'd drop a fix real quick. But no I was wrong, There is no explination for your bug besides bad luck.

rand(Half) - Full is the right formula.

rand(0->50) - 100 == -50 -> 50 (Well technically -50 -> 49 because rand is non-inclusive but hey)

Sould like to me that you're either doing your math wrong based on your spawn point, or you have some other mod interfearing, Specific numbers would be useful.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Needless to say I'm doing the tests without any mods. Only Forge. Do you really cannot reproduce the bug?

My spawn point is for example around x:100 y:70 z: -50, and after /gamerule spawnRadius 5000, I always respawn on coordinates like x:-4120 y:80 z:-3810. I tried like 50 times, so I'm 100% sure that the coordinates are negative. I did the same test in Minecraft vanilla and it works correctly as intended.

Edited by ivanovic77

10 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Still trying to understand which bug you mean. 

Please give exact data: What is the world spawn point, what is spawn radius set at and where do you spawn and why is that not right in your opinion?

Ok, steps to reproduce:

1. Install the latest Forge release for Minecraft 1.11.2 ( 13.20.0.2228 ).

2. Make sure you don't have any mod in the mods folder.

3. Start a new default game.

4. By default you'll spawn near the x:0, z:0 coordinates, but not exactly there (maybe it will be something like x:120, z:-210).

5. Type /gamerule spawnRadius 5000.

6. Kill your character (either by typing the command /kill your_nick, or drowning yourself, or jumping off a cliff).

7. After respawning, press F3 and look at the coordinates. Now you are on negative x and z coordinates (it may be something like x:-4120 z:-3565) That means always northwest of the world spawn.

8. Kill your character again. And so on.

Edited by ivanovic77

Well, I wouldn't say nobody cares. Me and many people on my server love the random spawn location that the gamerule spawnRadius provides. It's perfect for hardcore games when combined with the gamerule reducedDebugInfo and disabled beds. There are many people interested in hardcore features.

Edited by ivanovic77